Jump to content

0Neils40yarder

Legends
  • Posts

    973
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    17

Everything posted by 0Neils40yarder

  1. Club v country bollocks If players (including Miller) didn't fancy playing for their country it would be a very simple process to ensure it didn't happen. As a percentage, very few players decline call-ups, and there is a reason for that
  2. Id be amazed if they have anything that defines them as members of whatever group
  3. Thats been part of my point for a while...the club may be happy to pay the whole thing lip service, and it seems that way.
  4. Dear oh dear...mind the boy that assaulted Leighton? Running out from the Cooper...your answer would have been close the Cooper Stand 🤔🫣
  5. Do you think Block E, the Bois, or whatever they are called this week walk about with Membership cards in their wallets? How do you ban 'a group' from Fir Park? I keep referring to the lad, who left the stand against Freiburg, if the club wanted to lay down a marker, then he'd be the best way to go about it. Maybe the club think its not worth the hassle, or think the fine is worth paying, or think (inwardly) that the fine for it is ridiculous...I dont know, but I do find it odd that its never been dealt with, as I reckon someone will know who he is.
  6. Its got to be individuals...any grouping is far too loose as explained by Mr Watson. As for the pitch invader (again singular), this must be the easiest person to identify...but maybe the club are happy to pay it lip service.
  7. I know I have mentioned this before (and the pyro is completely separate matter) but how does anyone stop a single, solitary person from going on the pitchside (the individual did not go on the park as far as I could tell.
  8. You're definitely right about UEFAs fining policy being all about the money...but I was really meaning more about the lad in question being easily identified, should the club want to go down that road
  9. Yes of course it matters...because surely the one person could be easily identified. Maybe my memories playing tricks on me, but im almost sure it was one lad
  10. Wasn't the 'pitch incursion' against Freiburg at home, just one individual?
  11. Its almost like folk fae Viewpark want to pretend that it doesn't exist 🤣
  12. They can shove it up their arse to be honest...the ridiculous kick off times foisted upon the national team seen me draw a line under attending regularly a good while back now, and I'll do the same with club games, as I have absolutely no interest in 8pm kick offs on a Saturday night. The 5.45pm ko against Hibs is borderline and I'll decide nearer the time if I can be arsed with that.
  13. I dont think anyone would advocate for a smaller stadium than we currently have...I was more meaning the general design of the Paisley effort
  14. The silence on it all is deafening to be fair
  15. Of course its a factor, just like winter will be a factor, fitba on the TV is a factor etc etc...our crowds fluctuate its as simple as that and I think we'd be mental to rely on bigger crowds at any new build. Ive already said on a couple of occasions that the club should be sharing their findings with the rank and file...Ive also stated that if I can be convinced that the numbers stack up via a proper business plan then I'd be open to changing my stance.
  16. Aye essentially Im not dead set against it, but would rather stay put unless I was completely convinced we could afford it and it was in the clubs best interests. In much the same way, as I was in the 'get them punted' camp, with our main playing assets as I seen it as being in the clubs best interests, to get the best value they could after a great season.
  17. Because its the cheap option that wouldn't saddle us with a load of debt 🤷‍♂️
  18. Id prefer to stay where we are for sentimental reasons but also because I dont want the club saddled with lots and lots of debt which may see it come a cropper if a rainy day comes. I feel that a rebuilt Main Stand is within our means but a complete new build is not...unless its an absolute shiter of an effort like Paisley. You've set out your reasoning in a very considered and structured way, however i dont believe we will get to the stage of having the amount of home fans You've suggested, and ive absolutely no interest in supporting the option of having even more marauding Old Firm fans at our games than we already do. If there is a business plan (or some maddy willing to fund it for us) out there that proves palatable, and the club would benefit from it then Id change my stance, Ive no doubt.
  19. There were tonnes of seats available in all 3 home stands in our last home match against Dundee United. If someone can convince me that its affordable, without giving masses of the stadium to weegies, isnt going to absolutely hamstring us with a massive mortgage and isn't going to be a Bill Barr effort then I'd listen.
  20. I honestly think it is inconceivable...we had great crowds for the European games, we get great crowds for cup finals, we have seen our crowds in general go up during this crest of a wave we are currently on, but lets not kid ourselves that we are going to see 8000 motherwell fans, let alone 10 or 12k for normal league games on a regular basis. What goggles says is in theory a possibility, however i remain unconvinced that its anything more than pie in the sky. He might be correct in saying that moving is the best option, but I don't like the idea of asking the OF to fund it nor do I believe that our crowds will double at any new stadium.
  21. You've lost me in any vote by advocating for the Old Firm to be given 10,000 tickets at our new home...call that cutting off my nose to spite my face, or being completely parochial but as a business plan, I wouldnt be able to buy into that at all. I completely agree that this issue is far too big for the society (and therefore owners) not to have any sort of say in it, or at least see the details. If someone could convince me that a new stadium wouldn't be a white elephant, and/or a noose around our necks then I may soften
  22. Surely the clubs dont have to vote it into sfa competitions?
  23. Im in full agreement about the well society and how those at the club should be showing it a lot more respect... ...where I am struggling is the, analogy of the 250k house on the 35k annual earnings. If you lose your job, and have no income, you lose your house (unless you have some form of insurance that would see you through). My concern on taking on a mortgage at club level, of 30 or 40million, would be how we serviced that...yes we have cash in the bank just now, but what if this is a club level purple patch. Id rather err on the side of caution, rebuild the main stand with the finances we have (plus a mo doubt smaller mortgage) and stay where we are.
  24. Of course its possible to knock down the POD and rebuild it on the exact same footprint...that the footprint is the same doesn't mean that the facilities within the stand or the configuration of it would be the same as it is currently. The malaise around the South Stand is something that has caught me off guard a wee bit, I genuinely didnt realise it was in such a bad nick, but is it purely cosmetic, that a good clean and some paint will sort, or is it much more acute than that? The East has had its issues for as long as there have been seats in it, mainly around exiting the stand after matches and concourse being narrow. For me, we look at replacing the POD, with a functioning, money making facility with much better hospitality facilities, a bar, a restaurant etc. This can be done with finance that currently exists within the club and a much smaller mortgage than what we'd be left holding for any new stadium at the Craig.
  25. Agreed...it will be like a mini preseason. With the opportunity for the manager to work with the squad properly as well as getting a bit of recuperation
×
×
  • Create New...