-
Posts
2,024 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
21
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Mad Dog
-
Robbie McCrorie is seemingly playing regularly and well in Croatia. Probably Jon McCracken is worth a shot too. Whoever the top two are, I'd have Liam MacFarlane as the third choice and have him training and sitting on the bench for the experience and to get him in the right headspace to develop into an international goalie. Using Kieran Slicker as an example, he wasn't ready, was thrown in at the deep end, and had a 'mare on debut. I don't want the top two goalies in the squad that aren't playing near enough every game for their clubs. Gunn was excellent at first and, in my opinion, it is no surprise that his form has dipped since he wasn't getting a game at club level.
-
It's not always an easy decision when you're half Scottish and half English, though. Or born outside of Scotland to Scottish parents. You get someone like Ollie McBurnie who was born in Leeds to a Scottish father and has always been desperate to wear the dark blue. Angus Gunn may not have had that same drive, but his old man was a Scotland cap and he saw sense in the end.
-
As someone who watches from afar, I don't mind as I'll have the afternoons to do whatever I like. Must be frustrating for folk attending the games though, especially if it is an away game.
-
I think Paul McGinn is coming back to fitness at just the right time and I'd pair him with Moormann with SODs right and Williams left. Longelo can play in midfield and put crosses in for our centre forward pairing of Thor and Seb. The last bit probably won't happen, but it would be nice to see what difference a traditional 4-4-2 might make.
-
See who Hibs fans are calling for? Clarke, Lennon, Kevin Thompson, Alex Neil, Bartley, etc. All aboard the failure merry-go-round again. I'll happily give Johansson a full season and beyond. If he doesn't succeed, then we'll pick up another young and ambitious coach from the continent.
-
Hopefully MJC won't predict a win.
-
One thing I remembered from last night is that there seemed to be a lot of players slipping over, so was there any need to water the pitch at halftime?
-
Hardest choice yet this season, but not in a good way. Lowry showed some nice skills in the first half that didn't really make any difference but I can't think of anything else that stood out.
-
Should fit in, his skin matches their shirts.
-
I like Girdwood-Reich, he's solid and comfortable with the ball at his feet. He seems quite slow though, particularly on the turn, and I think teams may have identified him as the weak link in our defence already.
-
Sheep ought to have had a penalty there.
-
Wasn't he, aye?
-
That's not the same Lucas Weir.
-
Our business model now means that spending chunks of money is taking a punt. In Kettlewell's time and before we were looking for freebies.
-
Has he been released? Not seen anything from the club yet.
-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cq8j0vg4y7po The BBC continue to give us good coverage. Although, they got last season's kit wrong for the second time. I'll forgive them if they keep bigging up Longelo and we break our transfer record again next summer.
-
I already think that we should be talking to Alec Lowry about a P.C.A. in January.
-
Maswanhise starting to look more like himself playing out wide tonight, been very involved in our attacking play.
-
MJC, he always make me chuckle.
-
Shaun Moloney saying that Celtic need a left back as cover for Tierney, so that would hopefully rule out Longelo as they'd only offer buttons for a back-up.
-
Freiburg beat Werder Bremen by the same scoreline and sit joint top of the Bundesliga.
-
The Arabs had a great result at the weekend, so they'll be full of confidence coming into this one. I'll go for our favourite scoreline - 4-3.
-
To be fair, he had Lewis Stevenson ahead of him at Raith and he's a solid and experienced player. No surprise that Wilson struggled to get minutes, so there was no realistic opportunity for him to improve. Assuming that McGinn is out for a while yet, I'd keep Wilson on until January as cover, then reassess.