-
Posts
12,226 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
101
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Kmcalpin
-
I'd certainly be starting the likes of Connelly, Wilson, Knight Lebel, Whyte and Vogt for this one.
-
We thoroughly deserved the win last night and did it in style although we did tire, expectedly I should add, around the 70th minute. Before the game I hoped to be 2 goals up by the 70th minute to deal with that scenario and we were, courtesy of Said. A good all round team performance. I was especially impressed with our central defence and midfield. Lowry came onto a good game in the second 45. Once he's match fit he'll be a real asset. No need to comment on Said, as he did the talking for himself on pitch. TJ looked far better on the wing and I'm looking forward to seeing him once he's fully fit. Vogt excites me and if he's played to his strengths will win the fans over, when he's fit. As another respected poster said to me, post match, outside the POD, it was great that AJ showed trust in young Whyte and Booth. Whyte especially caught the eye. The only slight downside for me was that we gave HFK just too much space down the wings and a better side would have punished us. It didn't matter in the end though. The crowd was magnificent and created the best atmosphere for a good few years. What a night to be a Well fan. Possibly our best ever Euro win? There's no going back now! Credit to AJ for taking us so far in such a short of time, despite departures of some of our best players and a horrendous injury list. It feels like he's continuing JBA's work, at worst, and maybe taking us evens lightly higher. We can but dream.
-
My thoughts exactly. We should have been told about the seating change at the time.
-
An epic night that will live long in my memory. Credit to AJK and the players.
-
Going by the stadium map on the Official Site, I'd expect an attendance of somewhere between 8,500 and 9,000 tonight.
-
McLean Stand now opened up.
-
I'd say that we've sold about 8,000 - 8,500 home tickets so far with many unsold ones being single seats. Hunter Stand is sold out.
-
Probably too early for him fitness wise, but is Hodge eligible for tomorrow's game?
-
Is he a defensive midfielder?
-
I wasn't in Helsinki unfortunately and so can't pass an informed opinion on HJK. However I'd rate our chances at 50/50. Will we tire late on? Will we be toothless up front? However, HJK know that we're level and they have to go for a win and so might not to try to close us down as much as Falkirk did. In short, all to play for.
-
Its hard to say, but more folk will now have returned from holiday; so that could be a factor.
-
Sadly I have to agree. I've seen nothing to convince me he's got what it takes at our level. Against HB he looked lightweight and the game passed him by. There will now be other young lads knocking on the door.
-
Yes, we commented on that at the game too. He hasn't looked out of place so far and would have been able to compete physically with, and no doubt annoy, the Falkirk Dramatic Society. Surprising.
-
I'm of the same view. I'm surprised he hasn't had a few minutes this season so far. The little I've seen of him he hasn't looked out of place.
-
The Rancid is reporting that Zander McCallister may go out on loan this season. I'm a wee bit surprised as I thought he could make a few starts for the first 11 this term.
-
I agree with many earlier comments about our hectic schedule, small squad, and burn out. So our overall assessment should be seen in this light. In summary a good result, but a poor performance. I was surprised at the bench today. Why list 3 keepers? Just plain odd. Also, we were told Thor was just about fit, yet no place on the bench for him. A bit of expected squad rotation in the starting 11. We had a decent first half and created and squandered a few chances and could have been 2 goals up. However, the midfield just wasn’t right and didn’t support our front line, such as it was. I felt sorry for TJ as he was so plainly out of position. No surprise at the half time change, as Booth simply wasn’t at the races and was battered and buffeted by more physically mature opponents. A promising prospect and good to see him get game time but maybe a loan to a Championship or first division club would be more beneficial to him this term. I thought the defence played well, especially the central pair, but am looking forward to JK returning to right back. Sparrow has done ok in an emergency with his boundless energy but you need more than that at right back. The midfield lacked creativity and looked to be a man down in the first 45. In the last 20 minutes they ran out of gas as Falkirk piled on the pressure. Having said that, they only tested Paulsen once in 90 minutes. Up front we were non existent to be blunt. Overall we probably just deserved to win and were unlucky to see thew woodwork come to Falkirk’s rescue. They were streetwise and niggly and on occasion guilty of downright cheating. However to those who know John McGlynn’s methods, that would come as no surprise. Not a good look for Scottish football (SFA please take note for the forthcoming summit). Hopefully Sparrow is ok for Thursday, but would hope that Johnny K is fit enough to start at RB.
-
I noticed today, on quite a few occasions, that the other players completely ignored Longelo when he was in acres of space on left; preferring instead to play on a congested right wing. A few around us commented on this.
-
On way out?
-
Almost happened to me today. Not acceptable.
-
I thought Chris Graham deserved a post all by himself today. He had no major decisions to make, fortunately, but had a very poor game. He was conned by an intelligent and streetwise Falkirk outfit managed well by John McGlynn. So many inconsistencies and I was just glad we escaped with no red cards. How he did not book the Falkirk player for strong arming Paulsen, I'll never know. The foul awarded to Krauhaus (I think) after his shirt pulling with Lowry was totally off the scale. He was weak throughout and allowed Falkirk players to stand in front of the ball at free kicks, even after Yeats was carded. Simple solution - keep carding the culprits and they'll soon get the message. First home game of the new league season and we're already talking about referees! John McGlynn for the Scotland job? No thank you but I wouldn't put it past the blazers at the SFA.
-
Well, I spent less on tickets today than I normally would and see the draw as being a donation to the Academy. It'll be interesting to see if overall takings decrease.
-
Likewise. Given the circumstances, I was hoping for a draw at 3pm and we achieved that. A better result than either of our 2 home games against them last season. Credit to Falkirk their good fortune didn't desert them.
-
I'm beginning to suspect he has a real problem unfortunately.
-
Williams out. However, RCC & Lowry may make it. Said back and Thor pushing for a place (on bench?)
-
As a digital dinosaur, I'm sticking with the old style card too until forced to change and yes, I know its coming.