Worst Case Scenario

The African

Good posts Steve and Brazilian, (didn't want to waste space with quotes).

How do folks compare this situation to the one McGhee left us in ?

If McCall had left I'd have said very similar, decent manager getting the best out of a decent bunch of players but not enough confidence in his own ability to rebuild with so many stars leaving. Also while stock is high taking the opportunity to progress his own standing.

But he didn't, he chose to stay negating the need to find us another Jim Gannon to rebuild our depleted squad quicksmart, I just hope his contacts can come up trumps again as his neck is on the line with regards to his standing as a manager. Good news for us cos he'll be busting a gut to keep us at the right end of the table.

I think it's a fair bit trickier Pie.

When McGhee left the amount of compensation coming in for his and leitch's departure to the dons was probably more than the money we got for Ojamaa. We had money from the sale of Clarkson and Quinn in the bank as well (porter too ??) so all that was available to the playing budget.

In Gannon we had a wizard in the transfer market.

So you would imagine less of a budget to play with and a guy with, in my opinion, a guy with a 'decent' eye on the transfer market.

It's gonna be tight.

The past few days it feels we've gone away for our holidays left the stadium open and opportunists have come along and relieved us of wur Crown Jewels

The past few days it feels we've gone away for our holidays left the stadium open and opportunists have come along and relieved us of wur Crown Jewels

That is exactly how it feels. The sooner McCall gets back from Croatia the better.

I am and was very pleased McCall stayed, but he has a dramatic job on his hands building a squad anywhere near as good as the last one. Here's hoping....

I doubt we will get a squad as good as the lat one because the last one was truly exceptional by Motherwell standards.

I have a feeling McCall will bring in some surprisingly good players that wee never heard of. The silent and apart my lack of transfer activity from us makes me think we have something's up our sleeve.

I could be wrong though an it could all end in disaster...

My instincts tell me it wont be a 2006/07 Malpas year for us in 2013/14. Maybe more of a Brown/McCall 2010/11.

That is exactly how it feels. The sooner McCall gets back from Croatia the better.

I am and was very pleased McCall stayed, but he has a dramatic job on his hands building a squad anywhere near as good as the last one. Here's hoping....

WD i would imagine our manager still has his holidays to take ?