• Jake Taylor
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Dominic Thomas
    • David Clarkson
    • Chris Cadden
    • Null Vote

Yeah and in that Aberdeen game he did all the things you moaned were absent from the previous number nine, you got the striker with everything you regularly pointed out was missing before. And then having got that and when a lot of folk are giving him their MOTM, you then say he was shite!

Surely you can see the irony in that, no?

Certainly in agreement on your final point though.

That's exactly the point. I don't know what you will be happy with in your strikers.

Sutton's style attracted your criticism and you called for more mobility. Moult provided the mobility you wanted and labelled his performance as shite.

That's exactly the point. I don't know what you will be happy with in your strikers.

Sutton's style attracted your criticism and you called for more mobility. Moult provided the mobility you wanted and labelled his performance as shite.

How is Moult's performance related to Sutton in any way?

Cause ON40Y thought Sutton wasn't mobile enough he should be happy with anyone who runs about a bit playing up front?

Have you read any of my posts on this thread steelboy?

It's related because ONeils banged on for two years about how much of lack of mobility Sutton had. Safe to draw the assumption then that he was looking for more mobility in the frontline, yes?

Player is brought in who in the game against Aberdeen who provided that desired mobility and ONeils response to that is meh..... all he did was run about a bit.

That to me seems a bit of a contradictory view to take when you've spent the last two seasons looking for your striker to run about a bit.

I would guess he's looking for a bit more from our summer signings than a willingness to run. Your logic is like saying because some people think Twardzik is too small they should be happy with any man that can reach the cross bar.

I thought the guy was an honest trier out his depth. It was obvious the week prior that Fletcher had played at a better level even though he didn't exhibit much goal threat either. I've only seen him play about 100 minutes but I don't see what Moult's strengths are, he looks like another Josh Law style shirt filler to me.

Maybe I'm being greedy but I want more from a striker than effort, I also want a striker that doesn't get bullied by the centre backs he is up against.

And someone with a track record of scoring too.....say in the mould of...umm... John Sutton ;)

I don't think you're being greedy at all, and at least I kind of know what you are after in your number 9 now. I just felt what you said wanted during the Sutton era was largely what Moult offered last week so given that I was a little surprised that you were dismissive of his display.

Either way I've my made observations and won't go on about it any further other than hoping however mobile they are and whoever gets the nod, they start finding the back of the net a bit more regularly. And soon.

Maybe I'm being greedy but I want more from a striker than effort, I also want a striker that doesn't get bullied by the centre backs he is up against.

Don't disagree. However, I'm prepared to give Moult and Fletcher some time to get up to speed in the SPFL. Porter took a couple of months too (coming from a higher level) and he turned out OK.