Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

I watched him play, albeit a bit part of games when he was at Millwall and he’s not the Allan Campbell we remember or the one at Luton. He just looked to have lost everything? An absolute crash of confidence. Really gutted for him.

love to see him get his career back on track and I can see him taking a hit wage wise to come back to Scotland to get back up and running. Probably not with us tho, Hibs/Hearts or Aberdeen I’d guess would pay a bit more.

He's one of those players that needs games I think. Was unlucky, with the change of manager who suddenly didn't fancy him for whatever reason. That happens at every club of course - different tactics, different styles, different preferences.

If he wants to stay down south I imagine he should be able to find another club relatively easily.

Just now, weeyin said:

He's one of those players that needs games I think. Was unlucky, with the change of manager who suddenly didn't fancy him for whatever reason. That happens at every club of course - different tactics, different styles, different preferences.

If he wants to stay down south I imagine he should be able to find another club relatively easily.

Agreed; if he's settled in London, there's plenty of Championship/League One clubs around there he can sign for without having to up sticks.

Hat-trick for Curtis Main as Dundee beat Bonnyrigg 7-1 and Ross MacIver scored as Falkirk beat Dundee United 2-0.

36 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Nathan McGinley signs for Spennymoor Town FC. 

What a decision is was to extend his contract a couple of years ago.

Aye, I think he clearly had his issues whilst with us but whenever he did play it wasn't good. I remember him getting absolutely roasted by Tavernier at FP but I'd argue that was the role he was being asked to play; Alexander was happy for crosses to come in and he never closed him down once.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:10 AM, steelboy said:

Van Der Gaag sacked by Man Utd. Radcliffe obviously needs a scalp to save some face. 

Means we can add him back onto the list of potential managers everyone loves to mention if & when Kettlewell goes. 

Valakari, Davies, Nijholt, and once again Van Der Gaag. the gang is all back together.

Looks like Kelly was the only Rangers player not to get an appearance against ManUre, with all 10 outfield players being subbed at some point.

14 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Looks like Kelly was the only Rangers player not to get an appearance against ManUre, with all 10 outfield players being subbed at some point.

Aye he'll be getting a decent wage and splinters on his backside warming a bench, but not a lot of actual game time.

But he's an experienced international bench warmer so he'll be fine.

13 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Aye he'll be getting a decent wage and splinters on his backside warming a bench, but not a lot of actual game time.

But he's an experienced international bench warmer so he'll be fine.

Rangers are welcome to him .

• Like 1

This topic has me believing it is time we got back to proper Youth football  and get rid of all tinkering the SPFL / SFA created the last few years. Got a lot more to say on this subject so possibly a separate topic required.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Today Agyeman scored Airdrie, Hastie scored for Ayr Utd, MacIver scored twice for Falkirk, Dom Thomas scored for Queens Park and Connor Sammon scored for Alloa.

All of them found their level it seems.