Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

58 minutes for Spittal today. If they don't turn things around in September he'll have a new manager to impress anyway. The Edinburgh journos have knives out for Naismith. 

I just can't picture the players being motivated to play for him, just comes across as really irritating character 

3 minutes ago, stv said:

Is Moult not playing regularly at Utd anymore

He's never been a regular starter since he signed for them, he played more last season in the championship but his appearances have been few and far between this year.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

He's never been a regular starter since he signed for them, he played more last season in the championship but his appearances have been few and far between this year.

Seems right decision we made not to have him back then. Must be injury keeping him out a fit Moult would stroll into that team.

16 minutes ago, stv said:

Seems right decision we made not to have him back then. Must be injury keeping him out a fit Moult would stroll into that team.

I think Goodwin wants to play one up top, and Moult plays much better with a sidekick.

1 hour ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

He started 28 out of 36 league games last season, I'd say that's regular. He's been fit all season as has come off the bench in every game so far.

He also signed a 1 year extension at the end of May, so I assume he is very much still part of Utd's plans, even if it's currently from off the bench.

6 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Was getting frustrated with team mates as they apparently only try passing the ball 30+ yards in the air instead of 10 yards on the ground. 

Welcome to League One, Al.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:48 PM, stv said:

Next door neighbour is a Utd fan, Moult is fit but they have brought in a couple of new strikers and Moult is now seen as a bench player to bring on without disturbing the team too much and keep quality on the park.

He did wonder if we'd see him back at Fir Park for regular football but he's delighted he's stayed.

Derek Adams quickly coming unstuck at Morecambe.

After his infamous rant about "the standard of football in Scotland, describing it as "shocking" before claiming that the teams he had managed in the English fourth tier prior to returning north of the border - Plymouth, Morecambe and Bradford City - were "miles better" than the Staggies team he had at his disposal."

Morecambe have lost all five of their matches in League Two and are the only team in the UK who are yet to find the back of the net so far in the league this season. They did manage to get on the scoresheet in a 2-1 defeat to Wigan in the EFL Trophy but were also heavily beaten 3-0 by League One Huddersfield in the first round of the EFL Cup.

The Lancashire club finished 15th in England's fourth tier last season but their recent woes have cast doubt over their very survival in the Football League.

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

Derek Adams quickly coming unstuck at Morecambe.

He’ll always be defined by that quote. Had built a fairly strong team on little budget last season prior to returning North. Definitely better than County the twice I seen them.

Club ownership problems deepened and that little budget has decreased and the basket case looks like taking them to Conference at best.

Morecambe have lost all five of their matches in League Two and are the only team in the UK who are yet to find the back of the net so far in the league this season. They did manage to get on the scoresheet in a 2-1 defeat to Wigan in the EFL Trophy

Just for the record, Morecambe actually BEAT Wigan 2-1 on 3rd September. I know this because I am acquainted with a Wigan fan, and we regularly lament the performance of our respective teams.

8 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Loved "Young George" in both his spells at Fir Park. Had a touch of class about him.

One of the better full backs Ive seen play for us.

11 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Loved "Young George" in both his spells at Fir Park. Had a touch of class about him.

One of the better full backs Ive seen play for us.

He was excellent wasn’t he, was a real surprise to me how accomplished a full back he was, especially at his age. Class act.

he had a genuine affection for Motherwell as well and recall an interview when he was leaving saying how he’d love to come back one day as manager.

hopefully he can battle his way through it and recover 

• Like 2