Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

I don't have any problems with the Danzaki signing. It was a creative idea that didn't work out, but in our position we need to try a few new ideas from time to time. He was playing the A-League before we signed him and has made quite a few appearances in the A-League after he was punted. So not a complete no-hoper like a few others mentioned above.

Yeah, I think it was more a case of him not really settling in the area, which is fair enough. He's shown that there's a player there though, doing reasonably well in Australia again since leaving us.

Hard to say how really bad Danzaki was or wasnt. 

He came in when the club was an absolute carcrash and the manager who signed him got emptied within weeks if not days.

Clearly SK didnt fit into SKs style of football.

The good thing was that we managed to move him on quickly so he didnt end up stinking up the dressing room.

Its something Kettlewell has been pretty good at.

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Casper Sloth

That was a very strange signing, according to his wiki page he's had 4 clubs including us since 2020 and registered a total of 7 appearances, plus I think he had 1 as a sub for us in the league cup, so 8 in 4 years.

The stats say he has only scored 11 goals in his entire club and international career since 2009, would love to know who recommended him as a good signing.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

The stats say he has only scored 11 goals in his entire club and international career since 2009, would love to know who recommended him as a good signing.

On paper his pedigree before he joined us was perfectly decent, with Leeds United paying decent money for his services, and representing his country at every level from U-17 to full international (including one in which he clogged Steven Gerrard at Wembley). I don't remember anyone ever touting him as a goalscorer, though.

19 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Fair.

Who was the random midfielder we signed a few years ago under Alexander for 6 months who was announced and then disappeared into the ether?

Someone else mentioned Mich'el Parker, but we had signed a ton of players in recent times who hardly ever kicked a ball. Sam Foley was another midfielder who arrived from St Mirren but was injured almost instantly. Those covid years have almost been wiped from my memory.

Parker definitely had pedigree coming through Liverpool and West Ham, and being on the books at Arsenal.

Just goes to show, in case we needed more examples, that early promise doesn't always lead to success.