Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

36 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

And a condescending prick

He's a record breaker, no manager will beat his stats.

Not the record Rodgers wants...published at 21:57 British Summer Time

21:57 BST

FT: Borussia Dortmund 7-1 Celtic

Brendan Rodgers is the only manager to witness his team concede seven goals in a Champions League game more than once.

This is the third time it's happened on his watch.

Barcelona and Paris St-Germain were the others to hit seven past Celtic during Rodgers' first spell at Celtic.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

It was announced he was leaving before his final game against Rangers. I'm sure he lead the team out because he was leaving. 

That is correct. The penny eventually dropped with the club that he had no intention whatsoever of re-signing and they accepted that.

I don't recall him leading the team out in his final game, but I'm happy to take your word for that.

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

That is correct. The penny eventually dropped with the club that he had no intention whatsoever of re-signing and they accepted that.

I don't recall him leading the team out in his final game, but I'm happy to take your word for that.

I don't remember if he lead the team out or not but I do remember he got a good reception from the fans. Wouldn't have said he left with any bad feelings

Some nice comments from Simo on his time at Motherwell 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwy9195z131o

"I have been dreaming of it," said Valakari. "I never took it for granted that I would come back here, but when I started my coaching career one of my things was 'yes, one day I would like to coach in Scotland'.

"I started my professional career here so it was always a special place in my heart and how I see Scottish football, how I see this culture, everyone is breathing football. That is what I have been missing in my last positions.

"Without Motherwell, I would not go to the Premier League, without Motherwell I would not go to the MLS, without Motherwell more likely I would not have played for the Finnish national team. Motherwell made me the player that I was."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Some nice comments from Simo on his time at Motherwell 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cwy9195z131o

"I have been dreaming of it," said Valakari. "I never took it for granted that I would come back here, but when I started my coaching career one of my things was 'yes, one day I would like to coach in Scotland'.

"I started my professional career here so it was always a special place in my heart and how I see Scottish football, how I see this culture, everyone is breathing football. That is what I have been missing in my last positions.

"Without Motherwell, I would not go to the Premier League, without Motherwell I would not go to the MLS, without Motherwell more likely I would not have played for the Finnish national team. Motherwell made me the player that I was."

That's nice 

23 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

By my reckoning that's now nine ex well employees there now

Lasley, Robinson, Kerr, Hartley, Dunne, o hara, Scott, van veen, mandron.

16 minutes ago, well_said said:

By my reckoning that's now nine ex well employees there now

Lasley, Robinson, Kerr, Hartley, Dunne, o hara, Scott, van veen, mandron.

Right and all past their best 🥴 , they missed a chance with Kelly as well.