Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

21 minutes ago, David said:

You often find, at least online, that those who are perpetually critical of Kettlewell are the very same individuals who spent most of their time criticising Alexander and Robinson.

And they will eventually be critical of the next guy as well.

Oh definitely. I’ll admit I didn’t like Alexander’s brand of football but I’m also realistic about where we are as a club at the moment and what success right now looks like. I’m very minded to just be fair about things and I don’t think it’s fair to put all of the blame all the time on the manager. There’s obviously times where yes we’ve needed to change and it was necessary but we’re not there at this moment in time. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, steelboy said:

You would have enjoyed it.

A 90 year fan went to town on Kettlewell. We need to get the guy a log in on here, he was brilliant value.

Was it you 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Kettlewell and Frail have signed new rolling contracts, whatever that means. Their previous contracts ran until the end of this season. 

Well I have to question why we are dishing them out a new contract right now. Surely it would have been more sensible to get past the winter break to see if they are going to deliver or not? I don't have anything against Kettlewell however  I think to award a new deal on the back of a couple of wins this early on on the season is a bit premature.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StirlingDosser said:

Well I have to question why we are dishing them out a new contract right now. Surely it would have been more sensible to get past the winter break to see if they are going to deliver or not? I don't have anything against Kettlewell however  I think to award a new deal on the back of a couple of wins this early on on the season is a bit premature.

It is a bit premature, but perhaps the ‘rolling’ nature of the contracts suggest we can terminate them without having to pay out the remainder of a defined deal period, other than say the remaining one year guarantee they had in their previous contracts. Someone will be able to better understand and explain this better than me. 

Certainly does seem premature, possibly even knee-jerk on the back of two wins but whatever it is I can’t understand why this has happened right now. Kettlewell has a lot to prove and the bar has been raised even higher with this extension in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Crazy at this point. 

So that's us bolted down to having the financial problem of not being able to get rid if results go bad. Hope there is a performance clause in there.

Its like we never learn.

It's not that bad. It's a rolling contract, so there's always gonnae be 12 months added on. Protects us financially if another club poaches Ketts and if we do pull the trigger on him at any point, the outlay won't hit the club as hard as when GA was sacked

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Same here, don't quite understand why new contract at this stage but at least it's not a crazy 3 1/2 year extension like the one they gave Alexander a few years back 

They are giving him a new contract now because they won't get away with it if it turns out we have signed a dozen duds.

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

They are giving him a new contract now because they won't get away with it if it turns out we have signed a dozen duds.

Away and 'support' some other team. Glasgow blue or green should be right up your street.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

But maybe we haven't signed a dozen duds, let's see how things pan out, positive thinking pal

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

But maybe we haven't signed a dozen duds, let's see how things pan out, positive thinking pal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Let's see how things would definitley be the correct course of action. Unfortunately they gave him a contract off the back of one win against a shite Hearts team coming back from Europe.

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Let's see how things would definitley be the correct course of action. Unfortunately they gave him a contract off the back of one win against a shite Hearts team coming back from Europe.

I didn't agree with the new contract offer just now,  but need to give his signings time to settle 

4 hours ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

So that's us bolted down to having the financial problem of not being able to get rid if results go bad.

How so? Their contracts ran until the end of the season. I assume their new "rolling contracts" will run from the start of this season until the end of the same season, with added security that it can be extended to next season if all parties agree? 

I don't see how we're bolted down to anything?

42 minutes ago, David said:

How so? Their contracts ran until the end of the season. I assume their new "rolling contracts" will run from the start of this season until the end of the same season, with added security that it can be extended to next season if all parties agree? 

I don't see how we're bolted down to anything?

Yeah. They were already contracted until 2025. 

He has a better win record than any other Motherwell manager in modern times. I think the only better ratio is davie hay and going back to George Stevenson in the 50s

I think he deserves a new deal and I have no idea who you would pick that could do a better job than he’s doing at the moment. 

I think folk who continually verbally assault him are mentally challenged.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mio said:

He has a better win record than any other Motherwell manager in modern times. I think the only better ratio is davie hay and going back to George Stevenson in the 50s

I think he deserves a new deal and I have no idea who you would pick that could do a better job than he’s doing at the moment. 

I think folk who continually verbally assault him are mentally challenged.

I think he's great.... That statement will be a surprise to no one 

• Haha 1