Stuart Kettlewell discussion thread

sailor_h

Time to cut Stuart Kettlewell a bit of slack I think 

Was mentioned before today’s game he has a 43% win ratio . No doubt a few people will say most were in his first 3 months , and a few cup wins against diddy teams

If you then think all the draws when we could have lost , and defeats where we have still been competitive more often than not, in the recent past before this we may have lost 4,5 or 6 he has done a good job in my opinion

• Like 1

With less than 12 months left on contract I can see why we offered new deals .

If SK was a promising young player doing well we’d want to protect him and get him signed . 

Same principles apply as a manager. He’s young and crafted a very decent points tally in his tenure . Still got lots to learn .

To help him I genuinely believe we need to do something different on the recruitment front . 

A rolling contract makes sense.

Means no one can come poach SK or Frail without paying us a fee, and if we need to get rid, its never more than 12 months to pay up.

Gives us stability and is a good message to send out to this squad, who all clearly buy into what SK is preaching.

I also read that its something Brian Caldwell has done at previous clubs, so maybe just the CEO taking care of business......

• Like 1