Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

47 minutes ago, mfc said:

I agree with that,I think we will only need the one win and we should go all out in this game to get it,it will be tough as the last game showed being 2-0 up and only getting a point against them but we're in a better place now and with van veen in red hot form we should be looking to win this.

Yes, sounds like KVV is in an excellent frame of mind and after the result at Celtic I’m sure all the players are up for these last 5 games. Can’t come quick enough. I’m ok with MJC saying not safe yet but looking forward to our next few games where I’m expecting us to confirm safety. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We haven't beaten Kilmarnock or St Johnstone once this season in 3 attempts against each.

That’s my concern. Killie under McInnes could never be written off to start with but like Dundee Utd the other week they will be coming to FP on the 6th on the back of a moral boosting win in the previous game. It will be a tough one that day.

It is of course in our hands and yes we really should be okay in our current position, but we need this rubber stamped as soon as possible as the longer it goes on and our points advantage reduces the more nervy it’s going to become.

Of course if we were to beat Killie at home then we would all but guarantee safety, but this is Motherwell after all.

We’re on 37pts

Scenario- we lose them all and Livi lose or only pick up odd point  

Does anyone think following is remotely likely

Ross C win 4  = 39 pts  

Killie/Utd win 3/4 = 40/43 pts

Saints win 2 = 39 pts

Ok so we’re not technically safe (yet) but I’m pretty sure we will be after first round of fixtures  

37 minutes ago, purestate said:

We’re on 37pts

Ross C win 4  = 39 pts  

Saints win 2 = 39 pts

Ok so we’re not technically safe (yet) but I’m pretty sure we will be after first round of fixtures  

Even by our standards to shoot ourselves in the foot to lose all 5 games would be unsurpassed in our history of fuck ups. if we approach our remaining games as we have been doing the worst I expect is 2 wins.

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Even by our standards to shoot ourselves in the foot to lose all 5 games would be unsurpassed in our history of fuck ups. if we approach our remaining games as we have been doing the worst I expect is 2 wins.

Pretty much how I see it. No real mileage in worrying about things outside our control or things that may never happen 

3 hours ago, purestate said:

We’re on 37pts

Ross C win 4  = 39 pts  

Saints win 2 = 39 pts

Not impossible, but can't see Ross County picking up 4 wins. Very unlikely. However I'm of the view we give 100% and assume nothing until we're mathematically safe. 

On 4/25/2023 at 11:30 AM, Spiderpig said:

3 home games from 5, can't argue with that, I reckon another 4 or 5 points  is all we need and I think we will get that in the 1st 2 games, Killies away form is brutal and St J are in freefall.

We're 10 clear of 12th, so no chance We're finishing bottom with 5 to play, and with our goal difference effectively 7 clear of the playoff place, so 1 win should see us safe from that as well.

No team has ever finished in the bottom 2 with 40 points so 1 win will almost certainly keep us up.  Also our goal difference is massively superior to all the other teams so two draws gives us a 99.9999999% of doing it.

If you are still worried at that point you probably don't go outside in case you get struck by lightning.