New kit for 2023/24

MJC

🤮🤮🤮 Why black? The trim looks more red & yellow than claret & amber especially on the socks. We could pass for Partick Thistle in this get-up!

Sorry I’m a traditionalist and IMO our change strip should always be white with claret & amber trim.

• Like 5

I bought into the home design but I can’t see me warming to the away effort. A subtle tartan trim can work lovely on a kit (previous Scotland top springs to mind) but our official tartan is far too garish imo. An issue that is compounded by the width of the sleeve trim. Carrying the tartan pattern through the grey is poorly thought out too, far too messy in the end.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, El Grew said:

🤮🤮🤮 Why black? The trim looks more red & yellow than claret & amber especially on the socks. We could pass for Partick Thistle in this get-up!

Sorry I’m a traditionalist and IMO our change strip should always be white with claret & amber trim.

It's not black it's Steel Grey according to the club. That said I don't like it either.

1 hour ago, El Grew said:

Like me, and most others posting, you aren't the target market. And make no mistake, the kit is designed to sell to the kit, not for the benefit of the team.

Kit manufacturers care more about how a short looks with jeans, because that is where they make their money.

Keeping traditional every season would reduce sales.

I don’t mind either of the kits this season, both a little different. 

its not like we are stuck with the same kit for 3yrs anymore so I don’t think creating something a bit out there is too concerning, as it’ll be half price come January and binned by May.

it is a shame tho that we can’t have an iconic one like the white Ian skelly Umbro one or the Motorola (softy 91st min equaliser v dundee utd ) top.

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

More suited to a golf course or Bay City Rollers convention. Its orrible.

Suited to a golf course will be another selling point from a Macron perspective.

The good thing about Bay City Rollers shirts is that if you don't like this one there will be a new one (Shang)a-lang soon. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I think it might be the worst one we have had. 

I'd say the fluorescent yellow and all the black ones have been worse.

Like the first team kit, I'm in the "not bothered" camp.

On 5/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Mad Dog said:

Our new away kit isn’t too different to last seasons Dundee home kit apart from the position of the ‘club’ tartan and the dark blue tone as opposed to the steel grey.

Both kits are of course made by Macron. 

Someone had mentioned on here or Pie and Bovril a few weeks ago that the away kit was going to be grey with the tartan trim. When I seen Dumbarton's new home kit getting released I thought we would have got landed with a similar template as it had a thin band in the middle. I actually like both kits this year, some decent designs created by Macron for teams in Scotland and England.

12 hours ago, pretzel said:

Someone had mentioned on here or Pie and Bovril a few weeks ago that the away kit was going to be grey with the tartan trim. When I seen Dumbarton's new home kit getting released I thought we would have got landed with a similar template as it had a thin band in the middle. I actually like both kits this year, some decent designs created by Macron for teams in Scotland and England.

This seasons Dumbarton home kit is a bit of a horror show compared to the last 2 seasons Macron home kits……. which with a C&A trim would have been very popular away

24/25

%5BDBFC-0056-562-011%5D%2024-25%20Home%2

22/23

22-23-150th-home-jersey-s-s_6388bd45ba9e

23-24-Home-Jersey.webp

I'm long past the age of buying replica kit but I often wonder why there is a need to change kit every season or two. I can see the logic of it for the big clubs who make millions from kit sales etc, but in Motherwell's case from what's been said its provan sports who seem to make the majority of the cash so why do we bother?

Celtic have been using fundamentally the same home kit for the past 136 years so why do we feel the need to change styles every other season and then get landed with some generic design from a kit supplier who has no idea about the club and as such we get some of the hideous kit we've seen in recent years.

Take this seasons training and warm up gear, why do they need separate sets, in colours you could spot from space, it looks like Stevie Wonder is doing some freelance designs for Macron.

Why can't we just get a design everyone likes and stick with it, oh and make sure when we do there is a sponsor free option.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I'm long past the age of buying replica kit but I often wonder why there is a need to change kit every season or two. I can see the logic of it for the big clubs who make millions from kit sales etc, but in Motherwell's case from what's been said its provan sports who seem to make the majority of the cash so why do we bother?

Celtic have been using fundamentally the same home kit for the past 136 years so why do we feel the need to change styles every other season and then get landed with some generic design from a kit supplier who has no idea about the club and as such we get some of the hideous kit we've seen in recent years.

Take this seasons training and warm up gear, why do they need separate sets, in colours you could spot from space, it looks like Stevie Wonder is doing some freelance designs for Macron.

Why can't we just get a design everyone likes and stick with it, oh and make sure when we do there is a sponsor free option.

Because it's tradition, expected maybe. I agree with you. I saw a couple of months ago that one club, don't think it was in Scotland wasn't changing it's kit this year - due to concerns that fans might not be able to afford it. 

57 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Given the sales figures, there seems to be a demand.

Right now, it's just the trend that clubs, or more accurate their kit suppliers, create all the different styles of shirts and training gear.

Celtic might keep the same fundamental design, but there is still a huge demand for their latest version very season, and their second kit, and their third kit, and their new training gear etc.

As I've said in other posts, and I'm not joking, older fans are not the demographic. The majority of fans seem to like a new design every season. I'm not one of them, but not buying them is a pretty easy problem to solve.