New kit for 2023/24

MJC

I thought nothing could be worse than the mid 90s jester kit or the 22/23 abomination but that tops it. Absolutely utterly howling and yet again we p1ss about with our vintage and classical home colours.

And before anyone says “who cares what we play in” care! I want to see my club playing in its traditional home kit.

Absolutely awful.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, witchfindergeneral said:

Would love to know which fans were consulted on this kit, it's horrendous. 

Are the fans ever properly consulted with kits nowadays? With the ‘Dundee United’ training kit and now this shanner you really do wonder?

I actually love it. It is nice to get a change every so often, hated the 80s throwback a few years back mind you. In less than a year it will be etched in the annals of time as Paul McG will be holding aloft the 2025 Scottish Cup trophy.

25 minutes ago, mio said:

Not sure what to make of this? It might be horrible- it might be ok?

The white trim, and my usual moan the sponsors logo ruins it. Just a plain claret and Amber top and for me it's a decent strip.

With the white trim however it's hideous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pretzel said:

I actually love it. It is nice to get a change every so often, hated the 80s throwback a few years back mind you. In less than a year it will be etched in the annals of time as Paul McG will be holding aloft the 2025 Scottish Cup trophy.

I like it too. 

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

The white trim, and my usual moan the sponsors logo ruins it. Just a plain claret and Amber top and for me it's a decent strip.

With the white trim however it's hideous.

Im not a fan of that sponsors logo - Iike the top though 

Feared the worst seeing the comments before i saw it. I dont think its that bad. Certainly dont love it but dont think its horrific. We have had worse.

* reserve full judgement till i see it in tje flesh

What is horrific is the shitey strobe video for it that popped up on the clubs social feeds. How is anyone meant to see it if its set in a dark room with stobe lights flickering

42 minutes ago, MJC said:

Are the fans ever properly consulted with kits nowadays? With the ‘Dundee United’ training kit and now this shanner you really do wonder?

What Dundee United training kit? Unless my eyes deceive me it’s a fluorescent orange and as a change they’ve a fluorescent yellow.

4 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Feared the worst seeing the comments before i saw it. I dont think its that bad. Certainly dont love it but dont think its horrific. We have had worse.

* reserve full judgement till i see it in tje flesh

What is horrific is the shitey strobe video for it that popped up on the clubs social feeds. How is anyone meant to see it if its set in a dark room with stobe lights flickering

We've had a lot worse.. And that lighting is terrible 😔

25 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

What Dundee United training kit? Unless my eyes deceive me it’s a fluorescent orange and as a change they’ve a fluorescent yellow.

I think officially it’s ‘coral’ but it’s basically a Dundee Utd kit with a Motherwell badge. 

I’m not overly fussed with the training gear tbh but the home kit is something that is important to us as a club. It’s our identity and we have a set of colours which are instantly associated with Motherwell FC in Scottish Football. Why then we keep trying to “do something different” or recreate strips from over 40 years or so ago is beyond me. And yes, I get the kit makers and the club trying to make money argument to a point, but as I’ve always said the fans who are going to buy the strips will generally buy the strips regardless of what they look like and the ones who aren’t won’t buy it. You don’t see Celtic or Newcastle or Leeds Utd or Aberdeen or Hearts constantly trying to “do something a bit different” and buggering about with their traditional home kits, I just wish we could take a leaf out of their books.

I love/hate the new white/claret shorts and love/hate the claret/black/amber socks. I always loved/hated the hoop/half hoop/no hoop tops and the new collar is class/gantin'. The sponsor's logo is cheap/OK/classic and the trim needs no change/tweaked/binned.

Just the weans/nobody/everyone will be buying this.

Congratulations/Are you on drugs/WTF? to all involved/

• Haha 1