New kit for 2023/24

MJC

55 minutes ago, MJC said:

I think officially it’s ‘coral’ but it’s basically a Dundee Utd kit with a Motherwell badge. 

I’m not overly fussed with the training gear tbh but the home kit is something that is important to us as a club. It’s our identity and we have a set of colours which are instantly associated with Motherwell FC in Scottish Football. Why then we keep trying to “do something different” or recreate strips from over 40 years or so ago is beyond me. And yes, I get the kit makers and the club trying to make money argument to a point, but as I’ve always said the fans who are going to buy the strips will generally buy the strips regardless of what they look like and the ones who aren’t won’t buy it. You don’t see Celtic or Newcastle or Leeds Utd or Aberdeen or Hearts constantly trying to “do something a bit different” and buggering about with their traditional home kits, I just wish we could take a leaf out of their books.

Take a look if you’re passing club shop window, it’s nothing of the sort.

Expand your mind and the brain will follow.

1 minute ago, Onthefringes said:

Take a look if you’re passing club shop window, it’s nothing of the sort.

Expand your mind and the brain will follow.

I shall do the next time I'm down that way. As I said to me that looks like a Dundee Utd kit but if you're telling me it's nothing of the sort when you see it in the flesh then I'll certainly take a closer look.

2 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Some fans had input into the design I believe 

1 hour ago, sailor_h said:

I’ve got to say I love the new strip. Thinking of getting one & it’s been years since I’ve said that. 

Is it you that’s the fan on the design team per chance. Or did u miss out the 😏

4 minutes ago, stv said:

Is it you that’s the fan on the design team per chance. Or did u miss out the 😏

🤣One of my brothers pals was on the focus group and my brother texted me to say that everyone wanted to keep the hoop on whatever design was made. 

4 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

🤣One of my brothers pals was on the focus group and my brother texted me to say that most fans wanted to keep the hoop on whatever design was made 

Good to know they're listening to the fans.

Well, at least I got my hands on a proper MFC jersey last season.

Cheap-looking and the white stripe just makes it worse. The ancient yoke strip was abandoned for obvious reaons but if you had to ditch the hoop or even advertising  band I could have lived with C&A stripes for a season, which we wore in the early 20s. Was some interior designer with blue specs hired at great expense to troll the club's identity?

That is all, short of a lot of swearing, e.g. hooring fuck.

Far too much claret …..amber/white shots would have been better………..official website quote…..

“Similar but not the same as our home kit from 1913-1924, we go into uncharted territory.”

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/images/motherwell_1913-1924-a.gif

why not have the white shorts and black socks and keep  the traditional look ???

anybody bursting to be in the “focus groups??

the hertz away kit looks like or early 70’s home kit

2824_hearts_24_25_umbro_away_kit_2.jpg

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

What Dundee United training kit? Unless my eyes deceive me it’s a fluorescent orange and as a change they’ve a fluorescent yellow.

It’s the pre-match warm up kit that has the Dundee United look, not the training kit.

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

The white trim, and my usual moan the sponsors logo ruins it. Just a plain claret and Amber top and for me it's a decent strip.

With the white trim however it's hideous.

I think it’s the white trim that puts me off, it has grown on me a little but would have been better without the white.

24 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Well, at least I got my hands on a proper MFC jersey last season.

Yeah I think I’ll stick to wearing last seasons home kit for games next season.  That was a smart and classical Motherwell FC home top.

It seems like we’re alternating between a traditional kit one season then a different/awful one the next. 

25 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Far too much claret …..amber/white shots would have been better………..official website quote…..

“Similar but not the same as our home kit from 1913-1924, we go into uncharted territory.”

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/images/motherwell_1913-1924-a.gif

why not have the white shorts and black socks and keep  the traditional look ???

As the women’s team wear the same strip it is less likely now that white shorts will be prominent.

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Very ‘pish stained mattress’ like…

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ropy said:

It’s the pre-match warm up kit that has the Dundee United look, not the training kit.

Bravo. Post was in reply to posters original comment, but, you’ll have known that.

Having seen it at close quarters, I’ll stand by it hasn’t a Dundee United look.

1 hour ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

MJC just got excited

• Haha 2

It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, a Motherwell strip.

It's like we are going to have to watch a different team for all of next season - but not in a good way.

Honestly it's terrible and it gets even worse when you see the shorts and socks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

It's not, by any stretch of the imagination, a Motherwell strip.

It's like we are going to have to watch a different team for all of next season - but not in a good way.

Honestly it's terrible and it gets even worse when you see the shorts and socks.

Oh, yes.

Been a great seven days for me: intimate prostate examination last week (ooh, matron!), root canal treatment begun yesterday  but eventually (winces)  abandoned in favour of an  extraction  and today I have to thole this crapola.

As Renton almost said, "It's shite being a "Well fan!"  😱.

Ahoo! Werewolves of London!