New kit for 2023/24

MJC

2 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Most of the men in my wife's family are colour blind. A couple of them are really talented artists - they tend to stick to black and white.

Exactly, which is why I took 'robsterwood' using his dislike of our new kit to mock the colourblind to be in very poor taste.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Exactly, which is why I took 'robsterwood' using his dislike of our new kit to mock the colourblind to be in very poor taste.

Are you serious 🧐 

On 6/26/2024 at 11:40 PM, wellgirl said:

The Provan sports tie in has been going on for a long time I think, at least 15 years - it would be good to know the details of it, believe they also have a deal with Dundee. 

Others old enough to remember may indeed have better recall than me but if I recall correctly, Provan Sports took on the Well Shop when first built as part of the Cooper Stand project (1995?) and have been there since.

They had secured the contract off the back of how their relationship with St Mirren. For a long time they ran both club shops. No clue whether they have the St Mirren contract nowadays.

17 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

You sound like an odious boring cretin that just likes to criticise other fans or put down Thier opinion without having one of your own. 

5 hours ago, wellfan said:

Has anyone seen the new home kit in the flesh yet? I’m struggling to decide whether it’s a belter or a minger. 

Belter or minger that usually depends on how many beers you've had and what time of night it is. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

Belter or minger that usually depends on how many beers you've had and what time of night it is. 🙂

As Mike Skinner said.. Maybe even 9 and a half in 4 beers time 

That might work when deciding to buy the new strip or not 

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I've had 10 beers tonight. Still looking like an ugly mismatch. Sorry if you like it. Beer dint make it any better.

On 6/26/2024 at 1:06 PM, weeyin said:

It's not an unreasonable point and one I'd be on board with. What if, however, the Well Society tells you that changing the design every year generates enough income to pay the salary of one player that season? Would it still be worth it?

if it pays the salary then aye that’s fine but I’d still much rather have something a bit more traditional even if it’s every season I’m paying for a small tweak. I spend a small fortune personally on motherwell (comparatively within my wage), as I’m sure a lot of us do. I usually buy the home and away kits every year and most likely will buy this one to put some money into the club coffers. But it’s not and probably never will be a kit I’m gonna love. Unless we win the cup in it.

On 6/26/2024 at 10:44 PM, David said:

I understand that we do not receive any funds from merchandise sold at the club unless it reaches a certain threshold, which has not been met in several years.

If true, this arrangement is utterly absurd.

I think the last time the Club got any cash from strip sales was the blue kit from the COVID seasons.

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think the last time the Club got any cash from strip sales was the blue kit from the COVID seasons.

That seems crazy.

I realise that there are costs associated with running the club shop. But surely there would be a significant profit in it, to run it ourselves?

Just dont see how the Pravan Sports deal is beneficial to us, other than taking the hassle out of it for the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That seems crazy.

I realise that there are costs associated with running the club shop. But surely there would be a significant profit in it, to run it ourselves?

Just dont see how the Pravan Sports deal is beneficial to us, other than taking the hassle out of it for the club.

Agree. We could make our own strip too. Get it done in China.

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

Agree. We could make our own strip too. Get it done in China.

We would probably fuk that up as well. Couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery comes to mind.

• Haha 1

I think the new kit looks very decent and one I will buy

Even though I prefer the classic style Well tops like the one we played in yesterday I do not mind if we do things slightly different now and again as long as we maintain the claret and amber 

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Most clubs get very little from merch - apparently Arsenal get 4.80 from an 80 quid shirt. 

Adidas also pay Arsenal 70 million per year for wearing it. That's where the bigger clubs earn kit revenue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

new kit for next season…………..copy of 1924-27………

bradford_city_24_25_macron_home_kit.jpg

As I said in an earlier post that's a proper football strip, that would be a big seller a cracking top.

Thought that one was OK, but not great. However, they have been all over the place in recent years with hoops vs stripes vs their blackpool rock version and their chessboard version

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0WMZjhn7FO8/V0oa1z2_aHI/AAAAAAAA4YE/d8AEt84hWIUUeHHrBu6se6VqDum-VJuxACLcB/s1600/bradford-city-16-17-kits%2B%25282%2529.jpg

https://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Bradford-City-Home-Kit-2015-16.jpg

Seems like they make significant design changes on a regular basis.