New kit for 2023/24

MJC

Some kits when you see them for the first time online look awful but then when you actually see them ‘in the flesh’ they don’t look quite as bad, sometimes they even grow on you.

But not this one. This one is fucking horrendous. It looks cheap, tacky, badly designed and in true Motherwell FC fashion, tries too hard to be ‘different’ for the sake of it. 

How hard is it to just keep it simple and traditional? There doesn’t need to be a band or a hoop every year, all it takes is subtle changes here and there like the collar, the sleeves, the colour tone, the texture and so on. So many other clubs manage to change their kit every year without deviating from their core home colours and design. Not us though! :wallbash:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

Some kits when you see them for the first time online look awful but then when you actually see them ‘in the flesh’ they don’t look quite as bad, sometimes they even grow on you.

But not this one. This one is fucking horrendous. It looks cheap, tacky, badly designed and in true Motherwell FC fashion, tries too hard to be ‘different’ for the sake of it. 

How hard is it to just keep it simple and traditional? There doesn’t need to be a band or a hoop every year, all it takes is subtle changes here and there like the collar, the sleeves, the colour tone, the texture and so on. So many other clubs manage to change their kit every year without deviating from their core home colours and design. Not us though! :wallbash:

You've probably saved me £55, but that may not be the case later on once I've seen it in the flesh with a few pints of the make bad decisions juice in my belly.

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

How have they deviated from our core home colours?

14 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

How have they deviated from our core home colours?

Perhaps they also think that the designers were 'colour blind'.

On 7/6/2024 at 4:38 AM, MJC said:

No matter where you stand on the matter, the figures speak for themselves – the new kit is an undeniable success.

Could a few minor tweaks to last year's kit have achieved the same impressive sales numbers? Highly unlikely.

If only the club itself reaped the rewards from these sales...

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Do you know what the precise current arrangements are?

I’ve heard that we've only surpassed the agreed profit threshold on rare occasions, like during cup finals and similar events.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

It’s awful. I’m all for the main colour, but, don’t get the need for the tartan trim.

With you on that, same as the home kit another decent strip ruined by unnecessary embellishments, 2 simple claret and Amber strips on the sleeves would have been sufficient.

All you see when you look at the strip are the in your face tartan armbands, very tacky.

• Thanks 1

Its not horrible, but.....

The tartan trim on the sleeves is too big. They shoulda made it more subtle like the trim round the neck.

Also not too fussed on v neck shirts.

And Id pay more to get it without the sponsor!

On 6/25/2024 at 12:27 PM, weeyin said:

I love/hate the new white/claret shorts and love/hate the claret/black/amber socks. I always loved/hated the hoop/half hoop/no hoop tops and the new collar is class/gantin'. The sponsor's logo is cheap/OK/classic and the trim needs no change/tweaked/binned.

Just the weans/nobody/everyone will be buying this.

Congratulations/Are you on drugs/WTF? to all involved/

Different colours, same idea.

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

It’s awful. I’m all for the main colour, but, don’t get the need for the tartan trim.

I think Jim McMahon did. Reeks of the Exec Board in their club ties.

It's also quite telling that the first two post-Burrows strips are... polarising.

I actually don't mind the away top much, but want to see it in person before I make a final call on getting it, or buying the training gear instead.