2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Are we deciding that SOD is the scapegoat?

He's not going to get any better going forward and it's been a big problem for us. The only time Kettlewell's system actually worked was with two wingbacks who could attack. It's the same with Scotland where we were so easy to defend because teams weren't worried about Ralston at all.

Can we cut SOD some slack? Really get fed up with the stick the guy gets. Aye he isn't the world's best but always an honest pro and when you hear him speak not the most confident lad.   Wears the claret and amber so let's give him encouragement 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Can we cut SOD some slack? Really get fed up with the stick the guy gets. Aye he isn't the world's best but always an honest pro and when you hear him speak not the most confident lad.   Wears the claret and amber so let's give him encouragement 

With you on that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MJC said:

100% this. If we are relying on SO’D as our main right back/wing back this season then I suspect we will be in trouble. 

Koutroumbis is our new right back....

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Apparently injured although no idea how long he'll be out. Not seen it confirmed anywhere either but he wasn't playing tonight or on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Apparently injured although no idea how long he'll be out. Not seen it confirmed anywhere either but he wasn't playing tonight or on the bench. 

That is correct.

Just wanted to highlight that we did in fact have a new right back and head the doom mongers off at the pass!

We're still a left back or two and possibly a striker short, depending on Ewan Wilson's status and whether Theo Bair moves on. 

That said, credit to SK and the recruitment team for doing business early this season. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

We're still a left back or two and possibly a striker short, depending on Ewan Wilson's status and whether Theo Bair moves on. 

That said, credit to SK and the recruitment team for doing business early this season. 

Agreed, I hate to say it but I’m feeling optimistic. I never learn 😂
This is definitely Kettlewell’s team now, so no hiding place for the gaffer.

1 hour ago, Tamwell said:

Agreed, I hate to say it but I’m feeling optimistic. I never learn 😂

That's the beauty of this part of the season. Blank slate and every team's fans think "this could be a good one" with no results to prove otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

That's the beauty of this part of the season. Blank slate and every team's fans think "this could be a good one" with no results to prove otherwise. 

Absolutely, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

1 hour ago, TheoBair14 said:

Seen a video with a link between Furlong and Motherwell but seen no other roumers 

Seen this several times now - it's rumour.

8 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Seen this several times now - it's rumour.

You know the rules, no rumours are official until the player has been spotted in the lunchtime queue at upper crust.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:05 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

It's hard to believe that a guy who was playing centre back for the worst team in Australia is going to be the attacking wing back we need.

3 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

You know the rules, no rumours are official until the player has been spotted in the lunchtime queue at upper crust.

It was the poor spelling rather than the veracity that was vexing me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

It's hard to believe that a guy who was playing centre back for the worst team in Australia is going to be the attacking wing back we need.

It's hard to believe that anyone who has watched football for more than 2 minutes can't grasp that good individual players can play for bad teams. 

We were one of the worst teams in Scotland last year, but Georgie Gent and Brodie Spencer were the attacking wing backs we needed. 

If you want to go back a little further, in 2002-03, we finished bottom of the league and were saved from relegation because Falkirk didn't meet SPL stadium requirements. That was the season Faddy scored 15 goals and established himself as a top player. Some might argue he was the attacking player we needed. 

• Like 4