2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

I see Todorov managed to free himself from his Airdrie contract? Just listening to Frail’s interview and he mentioned being a bit short on forwards?

he was well liked by both airdrie and Dunfermline fans? Might be worth a punt? Similar goals tally in those leagues than the likes of Nisbet had.

1 hour ago, mio said:

I see Todorov managed to free himself from his Airdrie contract? Just listening to Frail’s interview and he mentioned being a bit short on forwards?

he was well liked by both airdrie and Dunfermline fans? Might be worth a punt? Similar goals tally in those leagues than the likes of Nisbet had.

A replacement for Bair would be nice, but it won't matter unless we properly replace Spittal.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:24 AM, wellgirl said:

How do we pay for these new players given that Kettlewell said tonight that he doesn't expect to see much of the Bair transfer cash? I expect we are looking at loans or players we can get on a free transfer? 

Hes not going to say We have got a big % of this 1.6 million transfer fee to spend so if we approach you or your team about signing double your fee cause we can afford it , now is he.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 12:24 AM, wellgirl said:

How do we pay for these new players given that Kettlewell said tonight that he doesn't expect to see much of the Bair transfer cash? I expect we are looking at loans or players we can get on a free transfer? 

He said he expected to bring in 'one or two others' so it's obviously budgeted for.

6 hours ago, mio said:

"Todorov is primarily a centre forward, he can however be utilised as a centre back; two-footed, he has the ability to score with his right foot, as well as his left foot, he is a big, powerful strong player and good in the air."

Well this takes the fabled 'can play anywhere across a front three' requirement to new levels.

52 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

"Todorov is primarily a centre forward, he can however be utilised as a centre back; two-footed, he has the ability to score with his right foot, as well as his left foot, he is a big, powerful strong player and good in the air."

Well this takes the fabled 'can play anywhere across a front three' requirement to new levels.

Quite incredibly he’s signed with Accies. They must have sold the stadium to pay his wages.

38 minutes ago, mio said:

Quite incredibly he’s signed with Accies. They must have sold the stadium to pay his wages.

To a plastic recycling firm.

47 minutes ago, mio said:

Wow, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

48 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Rumour of Aidan Fitzpatrick of Patrick Thistle joining on Twitter. 

From what I can see it's from an account with just more than 100 followers. Signed a new deal at Thistle less than a month ago, not to mention that we don't play wingers.

10 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

We've apparently agreed a three year deal with Newcastle jets forward Apostolos Stamatelopoulos

Is theis the 'big name' people have been waiting for ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, mio said:

Apostolos Stamatelopoulos?? Australian international forward? Terms agreed as per Twitter.

Never heard of him, but his appearances/goals stats in the Aussie A-League are good (60 apps & 24 goals). He's also under contract and valued at €500K, so we'd be paying for a proven striker if true, which is nice. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/apostolos-stamatelopoulos/profil/spieler/547924

EDIT - I see reports suggest we've paid €300K and given him a 3-year deal.

Edited by wellfan

13 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Is theis the 'big name' people have been waiting for ??

Good luck getting that name on a kids XS shirt.

seems highly thought of though? Just need someone to create chances now.

34 minutes ago, mio said:

Good luck getting that name on a kids XS shirt.

His full name will need 4 or 5 shirts I think

Apostolos Vasilios Stamatelopoulos

Hereafter referred to on this forum as AVS 😁

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Yeah mate he’s no bad let’s see how he adjusts to playing in the SPFL 

If he doesn't do that in the first 10 mins of his first appearance, he'll be branded as 'shite'.