2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I've had many experiences on Arran over the years, it's a great place, but nothing involving Vans 😂

Any involving Cocks ?

Some very good videos of the boy over on P&B.

Looks very good in the air. Finished well with his left and right foot. Seems to have a really good attitude towards the game and both he and his missus seem like really nice people!

Clearly we arent paying a fee for him to be a second choice striker, so he must be getting viewed as a first pick.

His stats are also encouraging. Obviously a little bit of a health warning, as its the A-League, but when youve been used to fishing around the lower tiers in England, I dont think we can be too sniffy about that.

It also puts into perspective the fact that our outgoing chairman was willing to give away control of our club for the price of this guy.

Just need a proper Spittal replacement now to back up/support Nicholson and to elect a new executive board and I think we are in decent shape going forward!

This thread has went a bit strange, nobody from the doom mongers has been on labelling our latest acquisition as shite yet. It's nearly been 24 hrs since the story broke ffs what's happening?

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

This thread has went a bit strange, nobody from the doom mongers has been on labelling our latest acquisition as shite yet. It's nearly been 24 hrs since the story broke ffs what's happening?

Because we paid a fee and did the 'invest, speculate to accumulate' thing they all seem to want, he'll probably get a good ten minutes before he is labelled as a shite championship level player.

52 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Not quite calling it shite, but his signing has been labelled as "making or breaking" our season. 🤔 🙄

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I'm prepared to label him unpronounceable.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Some cracking headers

O'Donnell's crosses in recent games needed someone like this on the end of them. Wilson's a good crosser too and Halliday from set pieces should create plenty chances. We've also got the three new wingbacks so it will be good to see what they offer as well.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Im just gonna keep practising his name until he gets here!

STAM-A-TE-LOPOULOS!

🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡❤️🧡

Nobody is going to be brave enough to try to shout that from the stands, AVS or Stama will do just fine 

• Haha 1

For the Danzaki fans, Newcastle Jets finished in 10th last season, one spot above Danzaki's team. 

Of course, that is totally meaningless, but I have seen a few other signings insta-judged on their previous team's performance. 

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

For the Danzaki fans, Newcastle Jets finished in 10th last season, one spot above Danzaki's team. 

Of course, that is totally meaningless, but I have seen a few other signings insta-judged on their previous team's performance. 

I had a quick look at his Wiki and saw this under "Personal Life". I know it's likely lost in translation but it's quite amusing.

image.png.3af16f17b30b7489741c88a230f37b4c.png

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Some cracking headers

If only we had someone who could deliver a long throw......

Oh wait! 😆😆😆

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Stama, as I'm calling him, is already in our squad on the Transfermarkt website.

I would imagine he's still in Aus, given his Mrs gave birth yesterday. Probably agreed but not confirmed until he's here/signs on the dotted line etc.

Ah well another scapegoat will need to be found by some folk with Paton out for 14 weeks.  Terrible blow for him and I wish him a speedy recovery.  I like Harry, never hides and lot of fault is where SK plays him

• Like 2