2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Good Luck Ap Stam.   No goals in first 2 games and you will be written off and told to go back to Oz!! Lol

I am genuinely excited and fair play to club for the big financial commitment 

2games! Ffs when did this forum turn soft and who banned SB, Y et al? 
:)

• Haha 1

Can he play the isolated ,frustrating  lone striker roll. If so he will fit right in.

I really hope he doesn’t have to very often.

40 minutes ago, stv said:

Can he play the isolated ,frustrating  lone striker roll. If so he will fit right in.

I really hope he doesn’t have to very often.

A move to the other side of the world,  a totally different league,  getting used to new coach and players,  a wife just given birth to their first child.

Yup none of this will be brought into consideration by some of our nae patience brigade!! 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

A move to the other side of the world,  a totally different league,  getting used to new coach and players,  a wife just given birth to their first child.

Yup none of this will be brought into consideration by some of our nae patience brigade!! 🤣🤣

Yer just making excuses for him now. You also forgot to mention the lingo and food differences as well.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

No but he will like my jokes as he has a great sense of humous!

Humous[sic] is neither Australian nor Greek.

1 hour ago, stv said:

Yer just making excuses for him now. You also forgot to mention the lingo and food differences as well.

Give him a big plate of barramundi and chips. That should make him feel at home  

On 7/29/2024 at 8:48 AM, wellfan said:

The difference is I’ve generally referred to a collective group of posters of a similar viewpoint as sanctimonious pricks, and not targeted anyone individually unless specifically provoked by them.

Whereas, I am consistently and directly called a pant wetter etc by the same few posters for expressing a view they don’t like, which is fine, but it’s not overly constructive and is just annoying, so I call it out. But that’s a football forum. Most of us deal with it, give as good as we get, and move on to the next game. 

Now, since you’ve asked me specifically, if you want to talk about the difference, let’s not forget that it’s you who often gets personal by sending unsolicited direct messages to folk on this forum harassing them because you disagree, harbour a grudge, or have a personal grievance. I thought you would take my lack of response to your posts and direct messages to me as a hint to stop engaging directly with me, but here we are. 

However, I won’t tell you or anyone how to act or what to publicly post or direct message to others, but some self-policing (including by me at times) before reaching for the keyboard would be wise. You’re also free to ignore me and others. 

I've never harassed anyone on here. Most of the dms I've had with people have been very ordinary conversations and there have been times where I've sent people dms to say sorry when I thought i got it wrong. I've had mostly very ordinary chats with people - no more. Some of whom contacted me first. I don't have grudges against anyone on here - ludicrous - completely the other way round given some of the public posts I've had aimed at me and some of the dms I've been sent. 

There are also people on here who have sent me dms, out of the blue just to have a chat. 

I've had people crossing over from pie and bov to send me dm messages on here  that were completely uncalled for. 

If people on here think my dms have been uncalled for - they can report them to mods. But there's nothing offensive in anything I've sent to anyone in dm - and I've not spoken to anyone privately for months. (and I wont again). 

I dont have a grudge against anyone on here. I have absolutely no reason to have a grudge against a single poster on here -you included and I'll be putting you back on ignore. I've had horrible dms from people on pie and bov who don't post on here but crossed over to send them

I had someone MAKE an account on pie and bov to post abuse at me. 

And yeah - we can all get it wrong on here and say things we shouldn't say but if I do that - I'll own it. 

Ps. I know what online and offline harassment is. I've lived it to the point my entire life was almost wrecked by it. If your definition of harassment is someone sending someone an unsolicited message on steelmenonline I can assure you - you're really lucky. I didn't think I needed to run it by you or steelboy if I wanted to send a dm to someone - and what I've said on here to people in dm is not his business and it's not yours either. 

I'll definitely ignore you going forward. 

BTW. I don't think you needed to get quite so personal in your response but you chose to - and that's your choice. 

14 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Frustrating match. Poor up front. My son asking why we loose best players every year. Van veen. Spittal,Bair. I know it's due to finances but be good if we showed some ambition sometimes. Same old rebuilding. Gets tiresome. 

Poor kid will never learn

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Frustrating match. Poor up front. My son asking why we loose best players every year. Van veen. Spittal,Bair. I know it's due to finances but be good if we showed some ambition sometimes. Same old rebuilding. Gets tiresome. 

I get your point, but its hard to show ambition if another club offers our players double their money to play at a higher level.

Pre-Bosman you could stick to your guns a bit and try and hold onto the player. Its virtually impossible now.

25 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I get your point, but its hard to show ambition if another club offers our players double their money to play at a higher level.

Pre-Bosman you could stick to your guns a bit and try and hold onto the player. Its virtually impossible now.

I get that. Just hearing my son say we can't keep our best players every year got me thinking and fed up, knowing I've seen same scenario for 40 years.. Your right pre bosman helped us. Cups always an outside hope.

When I heard word of the Everton closed doors friendly I thought it was an odd fixture and something more to it than a bounce game to get some players match fit. Handsome Devil on P & B has beaten me to it by suggestig that we might be looking at 1 or 2 of their players for a loan or permanent deal. That would make sense.

What I don't get this season is the apparent mismatch between SK's preferred set up of 3-5-1-1  / 5-3-1-1 / 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 and the players he's signed. Now, I quite get that we've suffered a number of injuries and haven't seen much of quite a few of our signings, albeit that many were signed early doors. 

Thats especially true of our our wing backs, midfield and strikers. He's had plenty of time now to work out his requirements, plan and bring them in. Yes, I know you can't just go out and sign your No 1 target in a few days.

We need 2 speedy wing backs and so far have little of Kaleta and nothing of Koutroumbis (although he's injured doesn't seem to fit this type). Stephen O'Donnell's legs have gone and although Wilson has made an impressive start he's not the quickest.  

Midfield is a right old mish mash. Despite knowing for months that Spittal was leaving we haven't signed anyone to fill that role. Nicholson seems to eb very injury prone but has been given a 2 year deal. We don't have a decent out and out defensive midfielder, but rather a collection of jacks of all trades. Our set up sits awkwardly with Lennon Miller's style of play. Up front, we've still to see Stuparevic emerge but neither Ebiye nor Robinson seem to be goalscorers or cut out to play as lone striker. They're also lightweight we saw yesterday. Maybe, just maybe some of our strikers are too similar in style? Despite a mere cameo appearance, Ap Stam is clearly not a lone striker either. Surely we're not going to sign a 5th striker?