2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

15 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

it's an absolute fact that Watt threatened to down tools if we didn't let him go. He must have a source inside the club that we're not privvy to.

I heard that too. Stayed longer than he intended to. He likes his signing on fees doesn't he? 

25 minutes ago, Mootherwell86 said:

Respectfully, Fuck Tony Watt. 

If you offer a decent signing on fee.....you might be in with a shout !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

hes not had more clubs than most player have in 10 careers for nothing. Hes either trouble, lazy or pish or a combination of any two from three.

His attitude and workrate in training has been in question ever since he was a youngster at Celtic. Neil Lennon who was his manager at the time spoke about how he needed to up his efforts as he was basically living off his goal against Barcelona when he was 18.

He went through several clubs before coming to us but he seemed to have finally settled here and was playing well, but sadly him and no doubt his agent as well saw £ signs and he wanted more than we could offer. 

4 hours ago, AllyMax said:

Not often I say this but got to agree with MJC on this one. I actually thought Watt's departure was more down to differences between him and Alexander but I've maybe got that wrong.  He can clearly play a bit and despite the prima donna attitude worked hard for us under Robinson and Alexander too mostly. The right manager could probably get him playing again. He's a player that can hold up a ball and bring people in, which we currently don't have. Probably better than anything we have right now.

Edit - Not that I think there's a chance in hell of it happening, but it certainly wouldn't upset me.

Not sure I would want him back but this version of why Watt left is closer to what I heard. Might not fit the preferred line though.

My understanding. Following discussions with Burrows terms had been agreed but paperwork not completed. Watt intended staying and was happy to do so. Hence his little show when he stood up on the terracing wall. Then Alexander decided he did not want him around, not for footballing reasons but to do with his influence amongst the players. And Watt was not the only one to challenge Alexander in front of the squad. Burrows backed Alexander and Watt was on his way. A classic clash of personalities. Perhaps explains (but does not excuse) his OTT reaction at Tannadice.

Totally different from Gallagher. He was just a rat who feigned injury to avoid an automatic extension kicking in. Player quote 'Don't think you will see Dec again until he gets his contract sorted'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We now have 8 injured,  one being Callachan who is set for spell on sidelines which beggars belief, if he wasn't ready why on earth being him on at the weekend 

We’re a parody of ourselves with these ridiculous amounts of injuries and the length of time they are out for. As I said yesterday there has to be serious questions over either our recruitment or our training. Or both. 

For us to have had so many players out with lengthy injuries over the past year or so cannot simply be put down to a coincidence or bad luck. 

We are a total shambles.

34 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Not sure I would want him back but this version of why Watt left is closer to what I heard. Might not fit the preferred line though.

My understanding. Following discussions with Burrows terms had been agreed but paperwork not completed. Watt intended staying and was happy to do so. Hence his little show when he stood up on the terracing wall. Then Alexander decided he did not want him around, not for footballing reasons but to do with his influence amongst the players. And Watt was not the only one to challenge Alexander in front of the squad. Burrows backed Alexander and Watt was on his way. A classic clash of personalities. Perhaps explains (but does not excuse) his OTT reaction at Tannadice.

Totally different from Gallagher. He was just a rat who feigned injury to avoid an automatic extension kicking in. Player quote 'Don't think you will see Dec again until he gets his contract sorted'.

🤔 Suppose it’ll depend on who you listen to…

Was done to death on here some time ago. Watt was told he could move the summer previous then enjoyed his purple patch.

18 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

We now have 8 injured,  one being Callachan who is set for spell on sidelines which beggars belief, if he wasn't ready why on earth bring him on at the weekend 

Callaghan should never have been signed in the first place,he's a run of the mill spl player with a history of injury problems and yet here we are already where he's injured.

• Thanks 1

The question is now do we back to sign more players or leave him to sink or swim with the squad he's built and start thinking about potential replacements if it's sink?

He's made a complete arse of all three windows now. I said at the beginning of his first window there was a huge question mark about his capability to sign players but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

The real sickening part is the needless two year deals that are going to cripple us for a while.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The Squad is a joke. Kettlewell fucked it.

Careful now. The situation we find ourselves in surely cannot be the fault of the man in overall charge of building the squad. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

The question is now do we back to sign more players or leave him to sink or swim with the squad he's built and start thinking about potential replacements if it's sink?

He's made a complete arse of all three windows now. I said at the beginning of his first window there was a huge question mark about his capability to sign players but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

The real sickening part is the needless two year deals that are going to cripple us for a while.

He’ll be backed further, have his contract extended after winning one game in September, then we’ll find ourselves in an ever bigger mess come January.

To think all this could’ve been avoided if McMahon and Co. hadn’t gifted him an unearned and covert extension.

I fear we’ve entered the don’t back down, double down phase.  

1 hour ago, robsterwood said:

You can add Suare and Obika to list of players bought already with injury issue.  Latter signed as coach as compromise. Are we not doing thorough medicals? Or looking at medical injury history? 

Our medical fitness director is ready to examine and test any potential new arrivals 

IMG_5503.jpeg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I heard our new medical director is called Dr Pepper.........what's the worst that can happen 🤪

Is he from Winchestertonfeldville, Iowa?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mccus28 said:

Reports Miller and Blaney are injured as well

Im lost for words

Miller was singled out for some rough treatment and Blaney was subject to a bad tackle by White on Saturday so not surprised both are doubtful.

15 minutes ago, santheman said:

Miller was singled out for some rough treatment and Blaney was subject to a bad tackle by White on Saturday so not surprised both are doubtful.

Dont let facts get in the way of blaming SK for every injury we have!