2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

42 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Yeah but like me you will also have seen ex players who respected the club and left in the right manner treated well even when linin up against us. Charles Dunn for one and a few others beside. Sure fans are irrational and fickle but generally the majority of our fans don't turn on an ex player if that player played fair by us. There will of course always be exceptions any support but the "majority" are respectful to those who were respectful to us.  

It's all about hurty feelings. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Honestly not surprised. Feel like this signing is a marker for where we are as a team right now. Signing a player that left on the worst of terms, fans hate him, done the square route of fuck all since leaving. We are scrambling around in the dark so hard we have ended up back where we started but its a worse version. If anything screams relegation fodder then its this type of signing. Can we seriously not find a better option than a done Tony Watt? 

Crawling back to yer ex vibes.

Have seen worst season long loans, the proof will be in the pudding,he could have sat where he was and done without the hassle, fair play to him.

2 minutes ago, Benson said:

It's all about hurty feelings. 

Not at all , he's here now I will not abuse him or give him a hard time. The discussion is about the type of person he is and the type of player he is and frankly on both those counts over the last 24 months I wish we'd given him a wide berth. To me he's a complete waster as a person and a player. If he proves me wrong over the next 12 months I will be the first to hold my hand up and say I was wrong. 

40 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I'm not unhappy with Watt coming back as he's got ability but, my oh my, that signing smacks of desperation from Kettlewell. If it goes tits up like a lot of his other signings, he'll be gone before Christmas. 

Desperation ? more like he rates him and thinks he can do a job. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Not at all , he's here now I will not abuse him or give him a hard time. The discussion is about the type of person he is and the type of player he is and frankly on both those counts over the last 24 months I wish we'd given him a wide berth. To me he's a complete waster as a person and a player. If he proves me wrong over the next 12 months I will be the first to hold my hand up and say I was wrong. 

Moult came back done feck all, let's see what happen,as I said fair play to watt he knew what he was coming in to, as a person I don't know much about him, but never heard any player criticising him.

1 minute ago, Benson said:

Moult came back done feck all, let's see what happen,as I said fair play to watt he knew what he was coming in to, as a person I don't know much about him, but never heard any player criticising him.

I've heard a number of stories about him being disruptive, however SK will know those stories better than anyone . I 've also said on twitter as much as I wouldn't have signed him, and as it stands I stand by that ,  he has shown balls to resign and I sincerely hope no Motherwell fan gives him abuse. Lets see what he can do and if he proves me wrong no one will be happier than me. 

25 minutes ago, Benson said:

Desperation ? more like he rates him and thinks he can do a job. 

Watt is Kettlewell’s 14th signing this window, and I certainly don’t think he had him on his bingo card during preseason preparation. It’s a good signing, but it can also be an unplanned, thus desperate, signing due to the mess Kettlewell has found himself in only 2 games into the season. I hope it works out for our sake. 

5 hours ago, El Grew said:

Spot on Grizzly and grasping this fact seems to be beyond our manager.

If I remember correctly (happens less nowadays) Watts strong point was not so much scoring goals as it was in creating chances for others.  So he may be signed to create the chances for Robinson/Moses/Stam

• Like 1

2 hours ago, santheman said:

At the end of the day he's better  than anything we currently have (at least on paper).

I really couldn't give a shit about his past history it's what he does on the park now that counts.

Hope it works out for both him and us.

This

i don’t ever get too worked up about players leaving.. he wanted to stay at fir park but didn’t get a good enough offer, took the cash to go to Utd. End of chapter.

New slate for me now, go out and replicate the job he previously did for us.

i think it’s a decent move for us. We all know he has ability 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

If I remember correctly (happens less nowadays) Watts strong point was not so much scoring goals as it was in creating chances for others.  So he may be signed to create the chances for Robinson/Moses/Stam

That would be my guess as well...

20 minutes ago, mio said:

This

i don’t ever get too worked up about players leaving.. he wanted to stay at fir park but didn’t get a good enough offer, took the cash to go to Utd. End of chapter.

New slate for me now, go out and replicate the job he previously did for us.

i think it’s a decent move for us. We all know he has ability 

Yep. Watt is OOC at the end of the season, meaning he is going to have to work his arse off with us in the hope that it earns him another random but lucrative payday from another club. My rose tinted glasses in this one suggests we've got him at an ideal time.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, thewelllfan said:

I don't mind the signing of Watt but can't help but feel we need a creative midfielder aswell as a Rwb bwfore I would be looking at another St

We've got 3 right backs at the club already. SOD, Kaleta and Koutroumbis. 

Koutroumbis is another one of our many injuries and due to the English leagues starting after ours Kaleta hadn't had a pre-season. A bit like Gent I suspect we'll see him eventually.

I'm actually quite happy about this given the way our strikers have been so isolated so far this season. Watt has the ability and the engine to link up with the midfield and create chances. This could be a good signing and he may fancy staying on if he does well and feels at home again.

Regarding the respect aspect and the manner of Watts departure, we have seen worse behaviour in the past from certain individuals and those same individuals have been brought back, with varying levels of success.

The most obvious example is Mark McGhee. A man who treated the club and the fans with contempt with his comments and behaviour in the second season of his first spell, held out as long as possible the summer he left to see if he could get the Celtic job before eventually settling for Aberdeen when we were in desperate need of a rebuild. He was brought back and in fairness did achieve top six but again disrespected the club and the support before overseeing a complete collapse of squad morale to end his second stint. 

Whatever Tony Watt did or didn’t go, said or didn’t say, nothing compares to that walloper and his behaviour towards us.