2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

31 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Is Ryan Jack signing? Injury issues so fits in with our policy but actually would happily take him 

He was watching the game today among the rest of our players that werent in the squad,granted that doesn't mean a whole lot but apparently we have offered him a deal.

Always felt Ryan Jack was really underrated. He was always panned by the tartan army and Aberdeen fans, Aberdeen fans I can understand but the tartan army thing might have been the rangers connection? or that the majority of the tartan army haven’t a clue about football…. (Sorry just my view, I’m sure the Motherwell tartan army are clued up)

if we can get him on a pay per game thing I’d be pleased with that but signing him long term with his injury issues is a bit of a worry. Although I do recall we signed Phil back when he’d played something like 5 games in 3 years and he was phenomenal for us.

21 minutes ago, mio said:

Always felt Ryan Jack was really underrated. He was always panned by the tartan army and Aberdeen fans, Aberdeen fans I can understand but the tartan army thing might have been the rangers connection? or that the majority of the tartan army haven’t a clue about football…. (Sorry just my view, I’m sure the Motherwell tartan army are clued up)

if we can get him on a pay per game thing I’d be pleased with that but signing him long term with his injury issues is a bit of a worry. Although I do recall we signed Phil back when he’d played something like 5 games in 3 years and he was phenomenal for us.

Phil was training with us after finding himself without a club. We had much longer to look at him before signing him.

On 8/17/2024 at 2:36 PM, wellfan said:

Maybe if Jack had a greater determination to succeed he wouldn’t have been out injured for 900+ days of his professional career. 

That's a contradiction surely...if he's injured he's injured, nothing to do with a lack of determination 

5 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Phil was training with us after finding himself without a club. We had much longer to look at him before signing him.

I can’t remember how long Phil trained with us before signing? You have a better memory than me.

jacks been training with us a couple of weeks so I suppose we’ll see how it goes. 

25 minutes ago, wellon said:

That's a contradiction surely...if he's injured he's injured, nothing to do with a lack of determination 

I was being sarcastic. Re-read the post that my post was in response to. 

So, the 'new guy' who's name I canny remember, spell or pronounce, has a kinda 'Biereth' feeling about him to me. Product of a (normally) EPL club who hasn't played for them. Has obvious skills (like ball control, pace and the ability to do things with it) that we don't normally see. Will come here and prob be a big talking point for a few months and then go somewhere with loads more money than us, but if he sets up goals regularly for a few months, that'll do for me !

2 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

So, the 'new guy' who's name I canny remember, spell or pronounce, has a kinda 'Biereth' feeling about him to me. Product of a (normally) EPL club who hasn't played for them. Has obvious skills (like ball control, pace and the ability to do things with it) that we don't normally see. Will come here and prob be a big talking point for a few months and then go somewhere with loads more money than us, but if he sets up goals regularly for a few months, that'll do for me !

His deal runs to January, with the option to extend beyond that, but I wouldn't expect him to be here for too long if he continues to perform as well as he did today. 

Apparently Ryan Jack is going to be signing for us from what I heard. (Take with a pinch of salt). If so I'm not massively keen but if he stays fit obviously a great player concerned with his injury record and the way our squad is currently looking. New boy looks very good. Reckon that will be us done business wise if Jack comes in as squad will be huge for a club of our size.

10 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

Apparently Ryan Jack is going to be signing for us from what I heard. (Take with a pinch of salt). If so I'm not massively keen but if he stays fit obviously a great player concerned with his injury record and the way our squad is currently looking. New boy looks very good. Reckon that will be us done business wise if Jack comes in as squad will be huge for a club of our size.

We'd still need an attacking midfielder as we saw yesterday. Miller, Jack and a Spittal replacement. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

We'd still need an attacking midfielder as we saw yesterday. Miller, Jack and a Spittal replacement. 

I'd argue given the size of the squad, rather than a Spittal replacement, we need to find a way of playing that doesn't require a Spittal replacement. Whether that's 352 with a flat midfield three in an early Stephen Robinson style or 433 with a flat midfield three and Watt and Maswanhise either side of a striker, I don't know. And don't particularly care. Just find a system that suits the players we have...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

I'd argue given the size of the squad, rather than a Spittal replacement, we need to find a way of playing that doesn't require a Spittal replacement. Whether that's 352 with a flat midfield three in an early Stephen Robinson style or 433 with a flat midfield three and Watt and Maswanhise either side of a striker, I don't know. And don't particularly care. Just find a system that suits the players we have...

I'd love for us to move to a 433 with the players we have, but I don't think Kettlewell will deviate from what we've come accustomed to seeing. 

If you look at it like this.

Hegyi- Gk

Koutrumbis- RWB/CB ,Kaleta- RWB, Balmer- CB, Gordon- CB, Seddon-LWB

Callahan-Cm, Slattery- CM, Sparrow- Cm, Nicholson - AM/Winger, Halliday- CM/LWB

Stuparevic- ST, Watt- St/Wide, Stamatelopulos- St, Maswanhise- St/Winger Robinson - ST/Winger

We have 6 Strikers at the club, (4 Fit) and playing with 1 upfront with Lennon Miller and Ewan Wilson either side of them then wondering why we aren't scoring as many as last season. Our business over the summer shows a plan to play in a 352/343 Imo but that's not been what's happened at all. 

14 hours ago, thewelllfan said:

If it comes down to a choice then I'd rather Jack.......than Fleetwood Mac!!.  Ba boom.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

The cost of bringing the player we need will be less than the cost of not having an attacking centre mid. 

League position, cup runs, Lennon Miller's value, crowds and growing the support will all suffer if we continue with this season's brutal style of play.

• Thanks 1

I posted this on P&B, this isn't how I would pick the team but I'm trying to go with SK's thinking for the XI. Bench could be anyone:

Oxborough

SOD, McGinn, Gordon, Casey, Seddon

Miller,  Zdravkovski, Slattery

Stamatelopoulos, Watt

Bench: Hegyi, Kaleta, Balmer, Wilson, Paton, Halliday, Stuparevic, Moses, Robinson?

This would leave out: Blaney, Koutroumbis, Callachan, Sparrow, Nicholson & Maswanhise.

Loans out: Ferrie, L Ross, M Ross, Wells, McDermott. Would probably need to loan out a couple of senior players too.

23 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The cost of bringing the player we need will be less than the cost of not having an attacking centre mid. 

League position, cup runs, Lennon Miller's value, crowds and growing the support will all suffer if we continue with this season's brutal style of play.

100 percent we could be one player away from actually having a pretty decent season however Kettlewell doesn't want to address the Attacking Mid position properly.

11 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

100 percent we could be one player away from actually having a pretty decent season however Kettlewell doesn't want to address the Attacking Mid position properly.

Seriously ?