2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

You tell me what he has done to replace Spittial since he knew he was going to leave months before the season finished?

Tell me the player he has brought in?

Not wanting to and not being able to are 2 different things though.

It maybe that he has tried and the players dont want to come, or we cant afford them.

What I would say is that if we cant, we should look at a different way of playing.

I mean, we didnt replace KVVs goals with one player. We spread them around.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

You tell me what he has done to replace Spittial since he knew he was going to leave months before the season finished?

Tell me the player he has brought in?

You're assuming that he was going to do a straight swap, but that's not how it works when you lose 7 or 8 first team players.

Under those circumstances you need to rebuild and adjust to the styes of the new players.

Stuperavic is, apparently, a number 10 and was one of the signings intended to add to our creativity.

If you cast your mind back to when Spittal joined the club, he was roundly slagged off by a large number of fans as being useless. He obviously wasn't, but he became the player he was partly through coaching.

Any replacement is going to go through the same coaching process. Fans tend to forget that one of the key jobs of the coaching staff is to develop players.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Under those circumstances you need to rebuild and adjust to the styes of the new players.

The level of the early signings is battling against Accies at the bottom of the Championship. Unless we want to make that adjustment we need another two midfielders. 

43 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Stuperavic is, apparently, a number 10 and was one of the signings intended to add to our creativity.

Not quite. A previous manager of his said that he "can play" as a number 10, which isn't quite the same thing.  That suggests that its a secondary role. From the little I've seen of him, he's not especially creative, although he's an attacking player.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

I'd love for us to move to a 433 with the players we have, but I don't think Kettlewell will deviate from what we've come accustomed to seeing. 

I was going to say, with the players we have, we'd be more suited to 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 depending on who we are playing but we could still play a formation with one up top if we play attacking midfielders and don’t leave the one guy isolated. Like a 4-2-3-1

48 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I was going to say, with the players we have, we'd be more suited to 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 depending on who we are playing but we could still play a formation with one up top if we play attacking midfielders and don’t leave the one guy isolated. Like a 4-2-3-1

Playing 1 up is hopeless, we were toothless yesterday, Robinson tries hard but his positional awareness needs a lot of work. We need to be playing a straightforward 4-4-2, or my preference a 3-5-2 as we saw how effective we were when Maswanhise came on yesterday and got down the wings, hopefully SK gets a settled formation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

If it comes down to a choice then I'd rather Jack.......than Fleetwood Mac!!.  Ba boom.

Doubt if many Well fans remember the Reynolds Girls and their one hit from the 80’s, but I appreciated it

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Playing 1 up is hopeless, we were toothless yesterday, Robinson tries hard but his positional awareness needs a lot of work. We need to be playing a straightforward 4-4-2, or my preference a 3-5-2 as we saw how effective we were when Maswanhise came on yesterday and got down the wings, hopefully SK gets a settled formation. 

1 up top would certainly be my last choice 

I think this is our best starting 11 given our fit squad

Ox

McGinn     Gordon

O'Donnel                                      Seddon

Zdravkovksi

Miller                 Sparrow

Watt                                            TJ
                          Moses

21 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not quite. A previous manager of his said that he "can play" as a number 10, which isn't quite the same thing.  That suggests that its a secondary role. From the little I've seen of him, he's not especially creative, although he's an attacking player.

This might be what has made him appealing. Much like regular double-digit goalscorers, clubs of our size and budget will struggle to sign an established "number 10", as creative players with that kind of ability generally don't have Motherwell high on their list of destinations.

However, what we can do is bring in someone who has previously flirted with that kind of role and whom the coaching staff believe can be converted to playing there in the future, while also playing as a forward if needed.

16 hours ago, Fergie79 said:

I think this is our best starting 11 given our fit squad

Ox

McGinn     Gordon

O'Donnel                                      Seddon

Zdravkovksi

Miller                 Sparrow

Watt                                            TJ
                          Moses

Who is TJ?

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

See the daily rectum have managed to turn Maswanhise into a story about Celtic........

And Rangers!

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers reunion on cards for Motherwell new boy who sought out ex-Rangers man before joining Steelmen

12 minutes ago, weeyin said:

And Rangers!

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers reunion on cards for Motherwell new boy who sought out ex-Rangers man before joining Steelmen

I'm sure celtic will be 'on the brink of signing ex Rodgers starlet' the week before we play them.

1 hour ago, AllyMax said:

See the daily rectum have managed to turn Maswanhise into a story about Celtic........

Every football article in that rag has to have some connection however tenuous it is to the ugly sisters, it's best ignored completely.

29 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Every football article in that rag has to have some connection however tenuous it is to the ugly sisters, it's best ignored completely.

It's their business model. If they mention the Old Firm it'll get promoted by social media algorithms and push notifications. It's all about clicks and advertising. 

• Like 1