2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

10 hours ago, pretzel said:

I seen it mentioned on social media that we're interested in signing Blackpool forward Kylian Kouassi on loan. 

Another forward player, FFS Kettlewell doesnt half mind smashing this so called "limited" budget to bits, we'll soon have a Chelsea sized squad, most of them forwards.

Last year it was fullbacks and this year its forwards.

Its clearly a midfielder we need unless we plan on going 4-1-5 

1 hour ago, Mccus28 said:

Another forward player, FFS Kettlewell doesnt half mind smashing this so called "limited" budget to bits, we'll soon have a Chelsea sized squad, most of them forwards.

Last year it was fullbacks and this year its forwards.

Its clearly a midfielder we need unless we plan on going 4-1-5 

Don’t worry, next season will be the season of midfielders. Probably.  

• Haha 2

From the Record:

But Kouassi, who is in rehabilitation from an operation at the start of the summer, is under contract at the Tangerines until June 2026, with the option of a further year on top of that, so any move to Motherwell is likely to be temporary.

The only thing that makes sense about Ketts going in for yet another striker is that he has his fetish for injured players

• Haha 1

It's definitely a lot of strikers if we're only going with one up top.

Having said that, I'd rather be in this situation than last season when injuries meant our options to support Bair ended up being Paton and Shaw.

Of course, given our track record, it could also mean Apostolos's injury is worse than expected and we've crocked Robinson in training :ph34r:

If the plan isn't to sign an attacking midfielder then we need to be going with two up front but not using one of them to play deeper,let's get our forwards playing together and building some partnerships.i really hope plan a isn't starting with one striker then throwing on the rest when were desperate for a goal.

I am a tad concerned on our scattergun signings to get out of an injury crisis but at least Vale knows what he’s going to face up here and we know what he’s like ( a very decent player who acquitted himself well last season) so I’m not against this particular move if it comes off.

• Like 2

I have no idea what the feck is going with our transfers I can't be the only one thinking this Midfield isnt good enough right and should be the priority?

The thought of Halliday being a starter until further notice feels me with the fear.

As weeyin says above think the injuries are a wee bit worse than first thought we won't need sign anyone in January we will basically have half a team back lol.

45 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

I have no idea what the feck is going with our transfers I can't be the only one thinking this Midfield isnt good enough right and should be the priority?

I think that's true, but what we are reading right now are just rumours. Plus, of course, we may well be in discussions with midfielders too.

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If we sign Jack with recent injury issues it could be a Clear and Present Danger........ohhhh hold on......that's Jack Ryan! 🤪🤪

Best to draw a veil over that attempt at humour 😬

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mio said:

I am a tad concerned on our scattergun signings to get out of an injury crisis but at least Vale knows what he’s going to face up here and we know what he’s like ( a very decent player who acquitted himself well last season) so I’m not against this particular move if it comes off.

Me neither 

Until someone is actually signed, maybe we should just hang fire until we see what business is actually done?

Given our standing in the market, I would have thought it was fairly obvious we would have multiple irons in the fire.