2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

Just now, Stuwell2 said:

The only way I see this making any sense is that as his contract with Rovers is up at the end of the season,  maybe we’ve some sort of agreement with him that he will sign for us then as I’m assuming Rovers will be paying a good part of his wage at the moment. 

A sensible assessment to counter my sarcastic post. You’re probably right. 

My first thought if Vale returns is 'OK, how long are Stuperavic and Stamatelopolous out for?'. I can only assume that they're perhaps out longer than was first assumed. That would leave us with Robinson, Ebiye and Watt plus Maswanhise who's a winger. So perhaps another striker would be useful? But if either of the other two are back shortly, it seems like overkill...

40 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

The only way I see this making any sense is that as his contract with Rovers is up at the end of the season,  maybe we’ve some sort of agreement with him that he will sign for us then as I’m assuming Rovers will be paying a good part of his wage at the moment. 

So another Andy Halliday situation.

30 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Welcome back Jack but does seem strange as we have plenty forward options.  Dear SK.......WE NEED A MIDFIELDER!!!

I get the impression we won't be getting a midfielder this window, for me it will be a makeshift midfield until January and hopefully the Injury list has cleared.

It's a very dodgy strategy, we don't want a repeat of last seasons. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I get the impression we won't be getting a midfielder this window, for me it will be a makeshift midfield until January and hopefully the Injury list has cleared.

To me, the plan will be to only use two proper midfielders when Watt is fit to start with him and Maswanhise playing off a striker. On that basis you could play Miller and Zdravkovski and have Sparrow and Halliday on the bench. I think the addition of Watt's footballing brain is to make up for the lack of one in three of our four midfielders. And also to make up fir the fact we can't find another midfielder with that brain. I suspect Paton and Nicholson were supposed to fill that particular void...

Many of the summer signings make no sense .

for a club who bleet on about cash being tight I see zero strategy here .

its looks like take the cash for Bair and take a whack a mole approach to signings 

how many of these signings will get game time , what formation or style of football are we aiming at.

All as clear as mud at the moment  

• Like 1

It's definitely funny that people were doing a sensible act and seriously explaining it was impossible to sign any more players because we already had 26 first team players a few weeks ago and now we have 30. 

The quality isn't there but we will have some bench to throw on when we are losing. 

Kettlewell makes buck with the one hand and throws it away with the other. It’s not even a strategy at this stage; it appears to be more of a scattergun panic. He can never use the we’re skint and subject to one of the lowest budgets in the league excuse again. 

Our 17th signing of the summer apparently. Trying to work out how many players we had left from last season to work out the size of squad.. By my maths, we had eleven(not including Nicholson as they announced him as a new signing or Wilson as he was way out of last season's picture) including the injured Slattery. Squad of 27-28 by my reckoning...