2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

I'll tell you what, I absolutely love being proven wrong.Β 

Last year it was Bair, and this season? I'm actually not missing Kelly and think Ox has been far better than I could ever have hoped. Him being our number one gave me the fear initially, but he's looking solid thus far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Well-Made said:

Makes you wonder why he didn't get more game time when Kelly was off the boil

I said at the time that I felt the dressing room dynamic, with Kelly being captain and so on likely played a part. It's a big decision to drop your captain and someone so influential.Β 

It's all worked out now though.

For whatever reason, managers rarely drop a keeper, regardless of poor form. It's something that has been happening across the leagues all my football watching life.

Β 

Including the reasons given by others, I imagine the club didn't want to potentially risk losing his Scotland cap money.Β 

On 9/6/2024 at 5:14 PM, Yabba's Turd said:

Didn't Howard Sammeroff have 4 clean sheets back in the day when Shuggy/Gardner, I can't recall who was injured or Tomtom dropped them, then was howked in favour of the other? Even getting a chance it's hard to keep your place somehow

Yes That's a blast from the past I think it was when Hugh Sproat was injured, He was quite decent but was never seen again

I see Kettlewell has more or less admitted that the club didn’t do its due diligence in signing the Aussie boys, which means we’re now basically paying to nurse a couple of crocks for a while.

Here was me thinking we learned the lesson of the Danzaki debacle, but clearly not. It seems to be that the majority of the A-League guys available to us don’t seem to be up to it for our league when they arrive. Time will tell on these two, but it’s been an expensive few mistakes so far.Β 

3 hours ago, wellfan said:

I see Kettlewell has more or less admitted that the club didn’t do its due diligence in signing the Aussie boys, which means we’re now basically paying to nurse a couple of crocks for a while.

Here was me thinking we learned the lesson of the Danzaki debacle, but clearly not. It seems to be that the majority of the A-League guys available to us don’t seem to be up to it for our league when they arrive. Time will tell on these two, but it’s been an expensive few mistakes so far.Β 

Link?

EDIT - It's OK I see he addresses it in his recent interview.

4 hours ago, wellfan said:

It depends what you mean by due diligence.

I presume you mean his acknowledgement that Aussie teams have much longer pre seasons because they play a lot less games and have more time off?

Obviously, Im no Sports Scientist, but it would never have occurred to me that our pre season training would increase the risk of injury to someone from a different league.

I presume it would have been put to our sports scientists / fitness coaches and they havent flagged it up, so Im not sure its something that can be pegged on Kettlewell by himself.

As for comparisons with Danzaki, didnt he turn out to be just not very good at football?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I presume you mean his acknowledgement that Aussie teams have much longer pre seasons because they play a lot less games and have more time off?

Obviously, Im no Sports Scientist, but it would never have occurred to me that our pre season training would increase the risk of injury to someone from a different league.

I presume it would have been put to our sports scientists / fitness coaches and they havent flagged it up, so Im not sure its something that can be pegged on Kettlewell by himself.

As for comparisons with Danzaki, didnt he turn out to be just not very good at football?

We don't really know how good the two Aussies are yet.

3 minutes ago, well_said said:

We don't really know how good the two Aussies are yet.

Certainly no idea about Koutroumbis.

But based on his highlights reel and his 45 mins against Rangers Stama looks to have something about him.

Different debate though.

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

He mentioned due diligence in his interview. I certainly didn't take that to mean he hadn't done any - just that the football is very different over here than it is there.Β 

20 hours ago, steelboy said:

Looking at what we have signed this has to be the worst window we've ever had. 17 players and only Liam Gordon looks decent.Β 

So predictable. Yet another dig at Kettlewell. After we had won three in a row all you could talk about was the bad run we had LAST season.Β 

What did you think of Vale and Tavares yesterday? How about the impact Maswanhise had in previous games? Even Halliday is now earning his keep. Just to pick four you have written off because your favourite manager brought them in. Sure there has been a couple of questionable signings but 16 out of 17 failures! Utter nonsense.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

So predictable. Yet another dig at Kettlewell. After we had won three in a row all you could talk about was the bad run we had LAST season.Β 

What did you think of Vale and Tavares yesterday? How about the impact Maswanhise had in previous games? Even Halliday is now earning his keep. Just to pick four you have written off because your favourite manager brought them in. Sure there has been a couple of questionable signings but 16 out of 17 failures! Utter nonsense.Β 

Maswanhise has struggled apart from versus 10 men against Killie. Tavares looked lively but similar to when I've seen him for Hibs his end product was very poor. Vale worked hard but no quality as usual. Halliday is getting bossed by the oppsition every single week.Β 

Our attacking play is still very poor as it was for most of last season. Attempting to attack through SOD is going exactly as well as it in each of the past two seasons.Β 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Maswanhise has struggled apart from versus 10 men against Killie. Tavares looked lively but similar to when I've seen him for Hibs his end product was very poor. Vale worked hard but no quality as usual. Halliday is getting bossed by the oppsition every single week.Β 

Our attacking play is still very poor as it was for most of last season. Attempting to attack through SOD is going exactly as well as it in each of the past two seasons.Β 

Given the ovation the team, including every one of those players you mention, received at the end of yesterday's game you appear to be in the minority. You must have been spitting feathers if your stream picked that up, or the Bois chanting SOD's name at one point.

Ask anyone who was there yesterday whether Vale showed quality. I guess he must have done though, given the calls for Kettlewell to start him against United. And his introduction helped Miller. But none so blind as those that refuse to see.

Β 

7 hours ago, steelboy said:

Our attacking play is still very poor as it was for most of last season.Β 

We were the 3rd top scorers in the league last season after Celtic and Rangers........

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We were the 3rd top scorers in the league last season after Celtic and Rangers........

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Simple facts like that don't register with Steelboy, if they don't back up his random quotes and agendas they never happened and are therefore ignored.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good old predictable moan again