2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

11 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Kettlewell has always had very good things to say about Obika. If he sees him as an asset then I hope it works out for all parties. 

Aye said he was a player and that turned out well 

Nicholson was always going to be an easy signing for Kettlewell, and a 2-year deal seems reasonable as he did more good than shite during his short-term deal. Kettlewell still needs to replace Spittal's goals and assists, as I don't see that type of player in Nicholson. 

Happy with Nicholson also. With a full pre season then I think will be a good asset next season.

For those not happy can I ask who do you want us to sign because as far as I can see every player we sign is written off?.   We all remember the outrage when Bair signed and that hasn't turned out too bad.    Give the lads a chance

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

For those not happy can I ask who do you want us to sign because as far as I can see every player we sign is written off?.   We all remember the outrage when Bair signed and that hasn't turned out too bad.    Give the lads a chance

I don't want us to sign guys who we know aren't up to the required standard because we've already watched them struggling for 6 months. 

Halliday and Nicholson are both well past it. They weren't good enough between January and May and they won't be any better next season. O'Donnell is going to be next and that'll be another one. 

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I don't want us to sign guys who we know aren't up to the required standard because we've already watched them struggling for 6 months. 

Halliday and Nicholson are both well past it. They weren't good enough between January and May and they won't be any better next season. O'Donnell is going to be next and that'll be another one. 

Right tell us who we should be going for then actually give us some names?

At 29 he shouldn't be passed it. I'm more enthused about him staying than I am re Halliday. 

He has shown some very decent skill and has had an impact on several games BUT it''s been limited and often been anonymous in many games. 

Is he good enough to replace Spittal ? Time will tell but we should remember the 'aw naw brigade' when we first signed Spittal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Halliday has struggled,  we can all see that but I don't think Nicholson has been that bad. Wasn't fit enough initially but give him a pre season and I think will be good.

I think SOD is still worth keeping.  Maybe not a first team start but definitely squad member 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Halliday has struggled,  we can all see that but I don't think Nicholson has been that bad.

Other than a few moments against Livi he did nothing. The 3-3 game at Pittodrie, the home game against Celtic and the last two games he was utterly hopeless. 

He's no pace and a history of knee injuries. He was overweight when he joined as well so you can't even say he's a good pro.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Right tell us who we should be going for then actually give us some names?

How about u tell everybody who you would sign or don’t you have a clue like our recruitment team 

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

How about u tell everybody who you would sign or don’t you have a clue like our recruitment team 

Personally, I don't have a clue who we should be recruiting, so I don't have a go at those doing the job. You think they're clueless, so please enlighten us with some names they should be after.

4 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Personally, I don't have a clue who we should be recruiting, so I don't have a go at those doing the job. You think they're clueless, so please enlighten us with some names they should be after.

I don’t have a clue either because I don’t know what system Kettlewell will play and btw neither does he . 

15 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Think Nicholson any better than Mckinstray? Who is younger too and on a free 

McKinstrey was struggling to get a regular game with Queens Park so I would say Nicholson is better option

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

I don’t have a clue either because I don’t know what system Kettlewell will play and btw neither does he . 

I'm only looking for an opinion on who you would sign, given the actual signings don't impress you. They don't have to fit into Kettlewell's system, just be part of your dream team.

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

I'm only looking for an opinion on who you would sign, given the actual signings don't impress you. They don't have to fit into Kettlewell's system, just be part of your dream team.

You go first I might get an idea of what we are looking for 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

McKinstrey was struggling to get a regular game with Queens Park so I would say Nicholson is better option

Also kettlewell didn't pay him much. Suppose Nicholson has experience and also scored a cracking goal. If When Halliday Sam and Mcgin run out, we can play the dad's army theme!

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

You go first I might get an idea of what we are looking for 

I don't need to go first, I'm happy to let the recruitment team get on with it. You're calling them clueless, so I was interested to hear who you think they should be looking at, but you're obviously not interested in making any suggestions. Fair enough.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

You’ll be incandescent with rage when we sign Ross Callachan then 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

A guy who looked good against Livi and useless against everyone else.

There is no way and i mean no way you are not just trolling everyone on this site!!!!!!!!!!!

You are either:-

A - not a Motherwell fan

B- a parody account

C- off your head

I do find your posts funny to be fair, keeps me entertained 🤣

I’ll go then, need a goalie, Ross Laidlaw Ross County, had a couple of mistakes against us but pretty solid, a strong commanding CB Alex Lacovitti, playing now at Port Vale played under the manager before, the boy Phillips at St Johnstone kicks everything that moves. A fit Van Veen 😂, two full backs maybe Gent 🤷🏻‍♂️, I’d take Montgomery for a season only worry is the boy is quite injury prone and a decent winger with lots of pace. That will do to start.