2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

19 minutes ago, Mccus28 said:

There is no way and i mean no way you are not just trolling everyone on this site!!!!!!!!!!!

You are either:-

A - not a Motherwell fan

B- a parody account

C- off your head

I do find your posts funny to be fair, keeps me entertained 🤣

Or D - a combination of all three.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Happy with Nicholson also. With a full pre season then I think will be a good asset next season.

For those not happy can I ask who do you want us to sign because as far as I can see every player we sign is written off?.   We all remember the outrage when Bair signed and that hasn't turned out too bad.    Give the lads a chance

I don't know why people are upset. He was well down the pecking order of absolute dross last season. Think he will do OK for us. 

• Like 1

People id like to see us attempt to sign

Gk - luke southwood

Cb - Hutchy

Cb - jason kerr

Lb - calum mcfadzean

Rb - Jack Mcmillan

Cam - chris mochrie or declan glass

St - Jack harper or robbie ure 

Just some examples anyone have any input ?

Anyway.. Need to give a big shout out to the ticket office who were really helpful to me today just after I got the news that my ankle needs operated on. Anyway. Season ticket renewed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Happy with Nicholson also. With a full pre season then I think will be a good asset next season.

For those not happy can I ask who do you want us to sign because as far as I can see every player we sign is written off?.   We all remember the outrage when Bair signed and that hasn't turned out too bad.    Give the lads a chance

Innit. No one would be good enough for some fans. Good luck to the lad. 

16 minutes ago, TheoBair14 said:

https://x.com/sportspeteo/status/1796610490589716650?s=46&t=Yi0H3LakxlXxc5QEsuI9Ug

According to this Slattery signs contract extension 

If he recovers from injury it's not bad business. Think there were room for him or Spittal but not bothered. He's good pedigree, playing at youth England level and winning Toulon tourney 

22 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't know about this particular case, but if we don't attract some additional investment from some source then this will become increasingly common. The likes of Ross County and St Johnstone  and maybe even Dunfermline and Falkirk will be pipping us to signing targets.  

Absolute balderdash. 

• Like 1

Honestly thought Slattery would be away. Offering him a contract is probably the 'right thing to do' with him recovering from injury. Has he actually earned a new contract? I'm not sure to be honest, he's undoubtedly a talented player but he goes through lengthy spells of being anonymous or underwhelming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Honestly thought Slattery would be away. Offering him a contract is probably the 'right thing to do' with him recovering from injury. Has he actually earned a new contract? I'm not sure to be honest, he's undoubtedly a talented player but he goes through lengthy spells of being anonymous or underwhelming.

Absolutely the right thing to do. He's very talented in my view. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

If he recovers from injury it's not bad business. Think there were room for him or Spittal but not bothered. He's good pedigree, playing at youth England level and winning Toulon tourney 

39 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

I know others will disagree but I think he flatters to deceive and spends more time on his arse than anything else. Before he got injured he wasnt even nuisance value.

1 minute ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I know others will disagree but I think he flatters to deceive and spends more time on his arse than anything else. Before he got injured he wasnt even nuisance value.

I disagree 😏. But then I'm almost his biggest fan 

6 hours ago, Mccus28 said:

There is no way and i mean no way you are not just trolling everyone on this site!!!!!!!!!!!

You are either:-

A - not a Motherwell fan

B- a parody account

C- off your head

I do find your posts funny to be fair, keeps me entertained 🤣

Just going to say. As much as I don't agree with steelboy a lot of the time. I wouldn't say he's off his head. I also do think he's a Motherwell fan. He's just got different opinions to some other people on here. And that's ok. 

Except when he's slagging off Slattery 🤣🤣

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I think you might be just a wee bit biased. However a good player , glad to see him stay.

57 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Just going to say. As much as I don't agree with steelboy a lot of the time. I wouldn't say he's off his head. I also do think he's a Motherwell fan. He's just got different opinions to some other people on here. And that's ok. 

Except when he's slagging off Slattery 🤣🤣

I wouldn't know as I've had him on ignore for months.

24 minutes ago, well_said said:

I think you might be just a wee bit biased. However a good player , glad to see him stay.

🤣🤣. Not going to disagree but.. I know talent when I see it 🤣and I've had the shit day to end all shit days... So that's cheered me right up 

3 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Maybe you seen him more than me. I did see him as nuisance and seen him score good free kick against Killie. Suppose Im still undecided.

3 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Don't think anyone could ever doubt his talent, my problem with him is that he blows hot and cold too much. When he's on his game he can be unplayable, when not he's as good as a man down.

I think Slattery is a very capable player, and when fit and on his game, he is very effective. My main concern with Slattery is his obsession with looking for soft fouls by going to ground far too easily. His game would Improve immensely if he'd stay on his feet whenever he can.

I'm happy to retain his services at the club, but I hope that when he does get back that it is the player that we saw early last season and not the shadow of himself that he can became.

• Like 3

Slattery is a much better forward thinking player as proposed to a hard working grafting midfielder. 

For me he and Spittal together with a 3rd midfielder was never the right balance . 

The watch out for me is if Nicholson and Slattery both play then we'll need a couple of other defensive/grafters to tuck in behind them and do the grunt work.