2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

Another great athlete to add to the pool.Β 

Going by his history here it'll take him longer than his contract to get anywhere near fully fit. I'd quite like to see a starting midfield of Halliday, Davor, Nicholson and Slattery just to see what happens.Β 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Going by his history here it'll take him longer than his contract to get anywhere near fully fit. I'd quite like to see a starting midfield of Halliday, Davor, Nicholson and Slattery just to see what happens.Β 

Is your predictive text broken? You have Halliday in starting line up !! πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

I think when Slattery and Spittal "clicked" it was absolutely great to watch, the issue is that it didn't happen enough and I'm not sure they could ever really play with one another long term; they were too similar in styles and "laziness" for want of a better word.

I think Slattery can be an effective midfielder for us but needs to stop falling over quite as much, as others have said; I know that the stats say he's the most fouled in the league or something like that, but he probably only gets 50% of what he claims for.

Hopefully his knee doesn't hold him back (although injuries like that are nowhere near as horrendous as they once could have been, thankfully) and he finds some form.

Out of interest, how many times did he play with Davor starting in the same game sitting behind him? It feels like it didn't happen that often but maybe I'm wrong.

43 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Out of interest, how many times did he play with Davor starting in the same game sitting behind him? It feels like it didn't happen that often but maybe I'm wrong.

St Mirren in the league cup for 50 odd minutes in the 3-5-2. After that they did 6 games together in the current system of 4 midfielders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

I assume you've sold Lennon miller.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Played 31 games the season he joined. 29 the following season and 20 before the knee injury. Those aren't the stats of someone who struggles with fitness.Β 

8 minutes ago, well_said said:

I assume you've sold Lennon miller.

No. He's a good player I andΒ doesn't quite fit into the rest of our "shite midfield"Β 

Slattery shite

Davor shite and too lightweightΒ 

Halliday past itΒ 

Nicolson - only had one good game against Livi.Β 

5 minutes ago, well_said said:

I notice that Tierney is listed in the development squad.

That's because that webpage captures those from the development squad and those out on loan. Furthermore, the quad pages are out of date at the moment and are rarely accurate.Β 

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Played 31 games the season he joined. 29 the following season and 20 before the knee injury. Those aren't the stats of someone who struggles with fitness.Β 

C'mon now Wellgirl don't spoil the rhetoric with facts and figures

17 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Just going to say. As much as I don't agree with steelboy a lot of the time. I wouldn't say he's off his head. I also do think he's a Motherwell fan. He's just got different opinions to some other people on here. And that's ok.Β 

Except when he's slagging off Slattery 🀣🀣

Well thats my opinion and you're all up for folk giving theirs

Steelboy gets a raw deal on here imo, he calls it as he sees it and actually talks a lot of sense. Outwith my own his posts are the ones I enjoy reading the most.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, MJC said:

Steelboy gets a raw deal on here imo, he calls it as he sees it and actually talks a lot of sense. Outwith my own his posts are the ones I enjoy reading the most.Β 

Jeez I must be going wrong somewhere then....lol

1 hour ago, MJC said:

He calls it as he sees it, he literally makes no sense at times in his anti-Motherwell player/manager/CEO/possible new owner rage, as well as being the most Motherwell negative person ive ever seen for a fan!!!!!

Β 

However, I do enjoy reading his posts the most.......................... its all about opinions and he certainly has some 🀣

2 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Did he get the 2 year deal he was looking for…..or the 1 year deal he was offered??

I asked him that but he doesn't know. He knows someone who knows SOD v well and just said that he had signed on again.Β 

• Like 1