2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

2 hours ago, Dasdeid said:

Awe c'mon Bair is at best a Championship player. Accept has improved but his lack of basics (ball control, heading and positional awareness) are severely lacking. He is often AWOL during a game and pops up for a penalty. For a guy his height and upper body strength should be a Joe Jordan !

Talk of £m offer is ludicrous and if we receive an offer £500k bite their hand off.

IMO slightly better Oli Shaw and arrived to sit on bench

That's such a flawed statement in so many ways. Bair was running riot against Rangers and made Thier expensive forwards look poor. I take it you know more than St Pauli and Sunderland. And the likeness to Shaw. Lol We got a new comedian Grizzly. 😂😂

22 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Pessimistic? £1million for Theo Bair isn't pessimistic, it's excellent. We got half that for Moult who had two seasons of similar goal tallies.

And I'm assuming you mean lesser players are going for more in the current market; who?

Apologies for the tone; as I've said elsewhere, long day and I'm a bit narky.

No problem mate. Sorry for my tone also. I got higher economics. Know demand supply. It's good there's more clubs in for him and no one knows exactly who is out there but watching documentary like Sunderland one shows championship throwing money at players. Suppose we all want the best price 

23 hours ago, wellgirl said:

As if they are going to offer us that for Bair. No way. They'll offer us peanuts. But hopefully we won't sell him for that 

Let's all hope for the best price and it's good if rumour true there's more interested parties. 

I think Bair, at his age and with his physical attributes and a willingness to learn, should be worth around the £1 million mark. At least initially.

I'd be looking to bake into the deal some sell-ons and performance-related add-ons if it was me. 

That means any buying club is at worst getting a "punt" for £1 million, which isn't much to a bigger team in a top league, and if they see success then we get a smaller percentage of that.

33 minutes ago, David said:

I think Bair, at his age and with his physical attributes and a willingness to learn, should be worth around the £1 million mark. At least initially.

I'd be looking to bake into the deal some sell-ons and performance-related add-ons if it was me. 

That means any buying club is at worst getting a "punt" for £1 million, which isn't much to a bigger team in a top league, and if they see success then we get a smaller percentage of that.

20 percent sell on, of the 1 mil "punt" could be good. If he does at all well at championship level that could net a 1  mil if he goes for 5 mil or down the line, which is not inconceivable.

21 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I rather hope we sell Bair to Blackburn - get cash and in exchange keep Gent and Vale.   

If we could get £700k + those 2 players it would be an excellent bit of business 

All depends if they fancy moving here permanently. Players say all the right things at the end of their loan spell, but it doesn't mean they want to come back.

3 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I rather hope we sell Bair to Blackburn - get cash and in exchange keep Gent and Vale.   

If we could get £700k + those 2 players it would be an excellent bit of business 

Good insight. That may be a bargaining position if players wish to stay. Not convinced by Vale yet though he looks promising.

11 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

Don't see that happening. Can't see them giving us that kind of fee plus two players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

Don't see that happening. Can't see them giving us that kind of fee plus two players. 

In the event Blackburn made a decent offer, I'd like to see Gent back on loan as part of any deal. But, as others have said, it's not necessarily that simple.

2 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The problem with successful improvement of loanees is that it makes the parent club more likely to keep them.

Or look to sell them on for more than we can afford to pay for them (see Mika, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy...)

24 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

How do you know he's going to St Mirren? 

A mate is uncle of one of the youth players. His son was talking about it. He's also got a nephew at Patrick so can get Goss from there too sometimes. Unless I'm told it's top secret.😉

Sad to see big Bevis go, I think he’ll do well wherever he ends up. 
maybe his time was up with us but I think he’s very underrated by a lot of our support. On his game he must be an absolute nightmare for any striker to play against, quite quick, hard, good in the air. 
I hope he does well.

i still think our defensive issues and scapegoats this season were hard done by. Our Goalie hung them out to dry. If you are a defender and go on the park without any confidence of the man behind you it doesn’t end well.