2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

21 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

And that's another one in the door. Serbian striker has signed on 

Stuparevic 

Two years with the option of another year 

he'e got a foreign name, so he must be good !

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

My brother reckons that means Bair is off 🙄. I think he's overthinking it 😏🤣 

That's what I'm assuming, although I'm not in the know. After my post earlier in the week, signings have been coming thick and fast. We're now very well stocked in midfield pehaps succession planning if Miller moves on. However, I reckon we're still short of a goalie, left back and a centre half. Maybe still one short up front if the Bair departs. English loan market won't come alive until August. Will Ewan Wilson make the step up this year? 

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

That's what I'm assuming, although I'm not in the know. After my post earlier in the week, signings have been coming thick and fast. We're now very well stocked in midfield pehaps succession planning if Miller moves on. However, I reckon we're still short of a goalie, left back and a centre half. Maybe still one short up front if the Bair departs. English loan market won't come alive until August. Will Ewan Wilson make the step up this year? 

I feel a bit sad if so. Id have liked Theo to stay another season but he's earned his move if he does leave. 

We do need another goalie. 

30 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

However, I reckon we're still short of a goalie, left back and a centre half.

Whatever you think of their quality, I'd argue that Kettlewell has five players he considers central defenders so not certain another one will be close to the top of his list. Goalie definitely a priority. Wing backs we tend to source from English Premier League or Championship academies so we'll probably need to wait on that one... 

20 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I feel a bit sad if so. Id have liked Theo to stay another season but he's earned his move if he does leave.

Considering some fans believe it worth selling the family silver for £300,000 a year, you have to imagine they'll be willing to drive Theo to the airport themselves if it means we bring in the kind of money being discussed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David said:

Considering some fans believe it worth selling the family silver for £300,000 a year, you have to imagine they'll be willing to drive Theo to the airport themselves if it means we bring in the kind of money being discussed.

I'd say it's the opposite to remain with the status quo we need to rely on funds like this.
So the opposite in terms of supporters.....

20 minutes ago, David said:

So you think the Club Board will listen to the fans? Little evidence of that currently. I suspect SK  or Nick Dawes will have advised the directors of his market value. 

Copa America kicks of this evening. Time for Theo to make his mark and bump up his value.

Or watch the full game from the sideline like the rest of us - although he'll have a much better seat.

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

Slattery Paton Callachan Halliday slowest midfield in the league 

Not everyone is blessed with the pace of a David Turnbull, Gary McAllister or Bobby Russell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1