2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Presumably we'll have nominated an outfield player as back up goalie, unless we have a trialist.  Maybe Neil Alexander has been registered as temporary back up?

We will have Ox and Matty Connelly - I'd expect a trialist will be there or somebody will sign this week and join up with the squad.

40 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

We will have Ox and Matty Connelly - I'd expect a trialist will be there or somebody will sign this week and join up with the squad.

Has Matty Connelly re-signed then? The last I heard a few weeks ago, was that he had been made an offer but was yet to make his mind up. 

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Has Matty Connelly re-signed then? The last I heard a few weeks ago, was that he had been made an offer but was yet to make his mind up. 

Taken up the contract offer. He’s still recovering from the broken wrist injury he picked up when on loan to East Kilbride.

• Like 1

Happy with that one; 6' 3" and all we really need to ask of him is to win headers and get the ball to fuck so that's perfect. Essentially the Bevis role without the added Bevis shenanigans.

St J fan on P&B says he played his best football centrally in a 3, so that's ideal.

Next; a keeper, LWB x2 (one of those will probably be a loan) and I'll be upgrading from pleased to very pleased with out business.

Also, at this point last year, we'd only signed Obika (cc @capt_oats on P&B for that).

Kudos to getting the business done early to Ketts / Dawes / Caldwell.

• Like 1

What has happened to this forum ? Several posters happy with a signing ? This can't last. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to say that he's shite and if Kettlewell can't see that, he's an idiot.

Welcome to Motherwell Liam. Hope your ego and confidence don't bruise easily.

4 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Welcome to Motherwell Liam. Hope your ego and confidence don't bruise easily.

Apparently he took a lot of the flack from the St J fans for last year's poor performances; captain, local lad, winner of two cups etc.

A fresh start with an adoring, forgiving fanbase is just what he needs... 👀

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Happy with that one; 6' 3" and all we really need to ask of him is to win headers and get the ball to fuck so that's perfect. Essentially the Bevis role without the added Bevis shenanigans.

St J fan on P&B says he played his best football centrally in a 3, so that's ideal.

Next; a keeper, LWB x2 (one of those will probably be a loan) and I'll be upgrading from pleased to very pleased with out business.

Also, at this point last year, we'd only signed Obika (cc @capt_oats on P&B for that).

Kudos to getting the business done early to Ketts / Dawes / Caldwell.

Agreed StAndrew. Seems a good signing. Steelboy has been granted his wish for a big commanding central defender  and to be fair he was right about rectifying that deficiency. All we need now is another keeper and left back. Maybe another striker if Theo moves on. 

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

Agreed StAndrew. Seems a good signing. Steelboy has been granted his wish for a big commanding central defender  and to be fair he was right about rectifying that deficiency. All we need now is another keeper and left back. Maybe another striker if Theo moves on. 

I actually think we're probably OK on the striker front even if Bair does go; Robinson, Moses and Stuparevic vying for what's effectively one spot (although I can see the latter playing as a 10, akin to Vale) should be OK, although a bad injury and I'd agree we might be in a spot of bother but do have Ferrie, too.

Priority is absolutely the LWB and GK slots, now. Maybe a few Terrance Rialists during the pre-season tour. Was it @steelboy who mentioned Randolph is out of contract?

22 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Priority is absolutely the LWB and GK slots, now. Maybe a few Terrance Rialists during the pre-season tour. Was it @steelboy who mentioned Randolph is out of contract?

Take it Randolph has been filling an emegency back-up/coaching role recently at West Ham and Bournemouth. Looks like he hasn't played a single game in the past 4 seasons.

6 minutes ago, MJC said:

Really pleased we have managed to secure Liam Gordon, a very good CB in our league. I would be handing him the captains armband as well.

Not sure I'd do that immediately; a few St J fans have said they thought having the captaincy there affected his confidence/natural game. I would imagine McGinn will get promoted.

Maybe next season if he settles well into life here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJC said:

Really pleased we have managed to secure Liam Gordon, a very good CB in our league. I would be handing him the captains armband as well.

The armband has already been passed on.