2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Aston Oxborough...

I did think that was the way we were likely to go. However, SK went on record to say he recognised the importance of the position and that we were actively looking and some way down the road to identifying Kelly's replacement, so it would be a bit of a climb down if we didnt get someone else in.

Liam Kelly was a good goalkeeper and a good servant for us during his three and a half years here. When he came at first he was a huge upgrade on what we had at the time and played a big part in keeping us up that season and was excellent for the next two campaigns. His form definitely fell away during last season and I was never comfortable with him being club captain if I’m honest, but he did well for us overall. 

Best of luck to him at Rangers. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MJC said:

Liam Kelly was a good goalkeeper and a good servant for us during his three and a half years here. When he came at first he was a huge upgrade on what we had at the time and played a big part in keeping us up that season and was excellent for the next two campaigns. His form definitely fell away during last season and I was never comfortable with him being club captain if I’m honest, but he did well for us overall. 

Best of luck to him at Rangers. 

oh Id never wish him luck playing for they cunts, hope he gets back ache picking the ball out the net  but he should always get a good reception from Motherwell fans played more that fair with us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

oh Id never wish him luck playing for they cunts, hope he gets back ache picking the ball out the net  but he should always get a good reception from Motherwell fans played more that fair with us. 

Don't worry, I doubt he'll play a single game for them. Cheap bench warmer.

He'll probably be on a decent salary and has secured a two-year deal for himself. I would never begrudge a footballer for making a move based on financial reasons. It's a short career, and many factors can derail it, so earn as much as you can while you have the chance.

His playing time will be limited, but if he ever takes the field against us, I'll applaud him until the whistle blows to start the game, then I wish him nothing but the worst for the 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, David said:

His playing time will be limited, but if he ever takes the field against us, I'll applaud him until the whistle blows to start the game, then I wish him nothing but the worst for the 90 minutes.

Then start firing high crosses into the box immediately.

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn’t applaud or cheer him if or when he ever turned out against us for Rangers, I just can’t get on board with applauding players playing against us for another team.

That said I’ve got nothing against him and Rangers don’t bother me half as much as they do a lot of people so if he ends next season having sat on the bench for the most part but pockets a league winners medal, gets his hands on the League trophy and has the other mob and Brendan Rodgers pig sick then I’ll be very happy for him. :)

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We still need a new RWB badly. We can't have another season where O'Donnell murders us in possession.

100% this. If we are relying on SO’D as our main right back/wing back this season then I suspect we will be in trouble.