2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

It's hard to believe that anyone who has watched football for more than 2 minutes can't grasp that good individual players can play for bad teams. 

It just seems that if he was a good quality wing back the team would have played him there as he wasn't keeping the goals out playing in the middle. 

I've seen a few Oz football people saying he's stronger in the middle than at wing back or full back.

26 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I was hoping for Furlong to add some quality but this guy has a decent prolife in terms of age and games played. It'll be interesting to see what kind of player he is, hopefully good in attack or we will be very blunt.

A right wing back and centre mid next please.

A centre midfielder? Good luck with that. Paton, Miller, Zdravkovski, Halliday, Sparrow, Nicholson, Callaghan could all be classed as midfielders and Wells is coming through with Slattery to return. Whatever you think of their quality, that's a lot of wages already used up there...

1 minute ago, MelvinBragg said:

A centre midfielder? Good luck with that. Paton, Miller, Zdravkovski, Halliday, Sparrow, Nicholson, Callaghan could all be classed as midfielders and Wells is coming through with Slattery to return. Whatever you think of their quality, that's a lot of wages already used up there...

I saw Slattery in the gym on Saturday which suggests he's still a long way off a comeback or he would be in Holland. Callaghan is a crock and Halliday is finished.

Davor is a dud and Paton is extremely limited. The other two have zero experience. We need more quality to play beside Miller.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I saw Slattery in the gym on Saturday which suggests he's still a long way off a comeback or he would be in Holland. Callaghan is a crock and Halliday is finished.

Davor is a dud and Paton is extremely limited. The other two have zero experience. We need more quality to play beside Miller.

Maybe we not finished off loading players yet.

2 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Maybe we not finished off loading players yet.

Maybe not but Slattery has just signed a new contract and the others still have time on their contracts left - we'll realistically only offload if we get decent offers and by the looks of it the only offers that are likely to come in are for Bair and Miller. The only player that was still to agree terms as far as I know was Matty Connolly. 

19 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Halliday is finished.

That we appear to be keeping him on is a nonsense as he will spend more time on the Clyde 1 phone in this season than he does playing for our first team. You do wonder if our manager and we as a club will ever learn. 

And I’ve absolutely nothing against Andy Halliday, he seems a good guy and certainly had plenty of ability but he’s almost 33 and can’t stay fit. 

Just now, wellgirl said:

Maybe not but Slattery has just signed a new contract and the others still have time on their contracts left - we'll realistically only offload if we get decent offers and by the looks of it the only offers that are likely to come in are for Bair and Miller. The only player that was still to agree terms as far as I know was Matty Connolly. 

Some may leave to get game time also. Can't see Paton or Halliday playing much. Some also in proven. I'm hoping George Gent signs again.

1 minute ago, robsterwood said:

Some may leave to get game time also. Can't see Paton or Halliday playing much. Some also in proven. I'm hoping George Gent signs again.

I think we will struggle to get Gent again. Can't see him being loaned out again unfortunately. Kettlewell did say that the squad he took to the Netherlands was the one he wanted to start the season with. I don't see Halliday moving on at this stage given that he's just become a permanent player for us. 

• Like 1

Good to see we are getting the majority of our business done pretty early this season.

Dont think we have too many pieces to fit into the puzzle.

I think even if Theo is sold on his return we are pretty much where we need to be with Robinson and Stuparevic already in and Moses showing up pretty well in the warm ups.

Hopefully Ewan Wilson will get a chance alongside Sneddon for left back.

Any further signings from here on will be pleasant surprises.

10 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think even if Theo is sold on his return we are pretty much where we need to be with Robinson and Stuparevic already in and Moses showing up pretty well in the warm ups.

Hopefully Ewan Wilson will get a chance alongside Sneddon for left back.

I still think, if Bair leaves, we're a tad short up front. Don't know much about Mark Ferrie. He looked like a wee boy lost last season. Maybe he's matured a bit now? Agree about Ewan Wilson - a big season for him. 

2 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I still think, if Bair leaves, we're a tad short up front. Don't know much about Mark Ferrie. He looked like a wee boy lost last season. Maybe he's matured a bit now? Agree about Ewan Wilson - a big season for him. 

Yes but if you think back to last season when Mika moved on we had Bair and then other players who weren't strikers scoring.

We have Moses, Stuparevic and Robinson - hopefully that would be enough cover even if Bair does go. 

3 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Steve Seddon got sent off 3 times last season. Wonder if he’s been unlucky or has a touch of the Jake Carroll about him. I’d rather some who isn’t afraid of tackle than someone who can’t defend, but 3 in a season is good going. 

Man's a pussycat. Billy Abercrombie of St Mirren managed 3 in one game against us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Aye one more couldnt be sniffed at, but compared to last season we are in good shape, I think.

44 minutes ago, mio said:

Can’t believe Accies have got in before us and signed Ollie Shaw. 
I’m devasted!!! Lol

Maybe they'll let us have him in on loan in January.

• Haha 1