2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

1 minute ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Still can't say I'm particularly convinced by our midfield but the amount of bodies we have suggests we're done with it. A young right wing back with some pace and a decent delivery would be nice as well.

Overall we're looking quite good though.

Aye, I think the midfield essentially have the League Cup groups to demonstrate that they're able to contribute effectively (albeit against somewhat lower quality opposition); otherwise I think we'll be dipping into the loan market, or even looking to spend some Bair money on a more dynamic presence in there.

• Like 1

8 new singings, 1 new loanee, and 2 loans to permanent, all before the pre-season games have finished and the League Cup has started. WTF is going on?! Rhetorical question. The transfer window is open for another 2 months, so, as others note, there will likely be some more movements in and out, particularly once we see how the current crop performs during the cup games. I expect Bair and, lesser so this window, Miller to be sold, some young boys (e.g. Ferrie, Wells, Ross) to go out on loan, and 14 wingbacks to come in on loan. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MJC said:

Wonder how long it’ll take some on here and more likely the media to call him Steve ‘Sneddon’ just like Theo ‘Blair’ and Chris ‘Humphries’ etc. :rolleyes:

Older supporters might remember another full back we had (briefly) called Sneddon.  Fingers cross Seddon turns out to be a better signing.

https://www.motherwellnet.com/database/player-archive/s/alan-sneddon/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MJC said:

Wonder how long it’ll take some on here and more likely the media to call him Steve ‘Sneddon’ just like Theo ‘Blair’ and Chris ‘Humphries’ etc. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club, great to see another new face in. 

Sean Hutchison is a favourite of mine, where they manage to get both names wrong.

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Older supporters might remember another full back we had (briefly) called Sneddon.  Fingers cross Seddon turns out to be a better signing.

That may be true but Alan turns up in the POD quite regularly to support The 'Well.

6 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sneddon wasnt the worst full back we ever had. We just got him at the end of his career when he was more or less past it. We have had far worse.

• Like 1