2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

This must be a priority to get to the bottom of all these injuries. It no just coincidence. In depth look at training methods, match preparation, medical and physio teams. The money spent doing this could save in the long term. Something is definitely amiss in this area of the club organisation. Settled team = better results.

1 hour ago, stv said:

This must be a priority to get to the bottom of all these injuries. It no just coincidence. In depth look at training methods, match preparation, medical and physio teams. The money spent doing this could save in the long term. Something is definitely amiss in this area of the club organisation. Settled team = better results.

They did this last season as well; I think Souare and Wilkinson were both injured in the last 2 minutes of a session, so they started looking at reducing timings etc.

Also, see my previous... Liam Gordon is an absolute animal 🀣

So our squad going into the 1st game of the season

Oxborough/Heygi

Balmer/Mcginn Gordon Casey/Blaney

SOD/Koutroumbis Miller/Davor/Callaghan Slattery/Halliday/Sparrow Seddon/Wilson

Nicholson/Paton

Moses/Stuparevic Bair/RobinsonΒ 

I suspect we'll sell Bair. Hopefully we bring in another Wing-back either side and a St if Bair is to leave.

37 minutes ago, steelboy said:

You don't think Nicholson and Paton being our only two creative players is a bit of a problem?

A team built around Harry Paton is a team that's destined for relegation.

Did Lennon Miller get sold already?

31 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If you had ever seen him play you would know Miller sits deeper and passes to more advanced players.

It matters not a jot where Miller plays. If you don't think our team, and specifically our midfield, is being built around him you're deluded.

The team certainly isn't being built around Harry Paton.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

You don't think Nicholson and Paton being our only two creative players is a bit of a problem?

I mean Nicholson has impressed me since he came in. Paton is a bit hit and miss but you've just got to hope he performs Lennon and Slattery are also creative enough from that area for me not too be overly worried. also think with 8 signed players in that area and the talk of Dylan Wells breaking through their won't be any more addditions in that area.

4 hours ago, David said:

It matters not a jot where Miller plays. If you don't think our team, and specifically our midfield, is being built around him you're deluded.

The team certainly isn't being built around Harry Paton.

While I agree with you Steelboy's concerns are legit, maybe not his end of season projection there but I think you can build the team around Miller but expect better than Paton to be his out ball. I don't mind Paton but I have concerns that SK loves him and will squeeze him into the team every week if he can.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

While I agree with you Steelboy's concerns are legit, maybe not his end of season projection there but I think you can build the team around Miller but expect better than Paton to be his out ball. I don't mind Paton but I have concerns that SK loves him and will squeeze him into the team every week if he can.

Considering what Kettlewell has done with Bair and also Moses of late, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

9 hours ago, steelboy said:

I think Paton is OK and adds some energy to our engine room. However I see him as being a box to box player being played out of position whilst Nicholson is unavailable. We badly need an understudy or alternative to Nicholson.Β 

• Haha 1

Sounds as if Filip Stuparevic can play as an advanced midfielder/second striker, similar to the role Spittal had for us.

Quote from an article this week -

"Jasmin Jeric, who was assistant manager at NK Domzale during Stuparevic’s time in Slovenia, knows all about the new Motherwell player’s ability.

The Steelmen play a three-at-the-back system, usually deploying a striker with an attacking midfielder, or a striker playing off the main number nine. There’s a system that Stuparevic is best suited for in boss Stuart Kettlewell’s plans.

Jeric explained: β€œConsidering Motherwell's tactical formations, I believe Filip could excel in both systems. His versatility as a striker allows him to adapt to different formations and play effectively in either setup. However, personally, Filip might suit the 3-5-1-1 formation better, as it provides more support behind the primary striker and allows him to link up play with midfielders.”

37 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Kettlewell saying in his presser he wants to add 2 or 3 more.

I dont think we are done yet.

He also said he doesn't want to see players sold on for peanuts. I am liking this new improved Kettlewell an awful lot πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

32 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

He also said he doesn't want to see players sold on for peanuts. I am liking this new improved Kettlewell an awful lot πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I've long said that Kettlewell is an underrated manager. He's still relatively young in the profession, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on to carve a very good career out for himself at a higher level either domestically or down south.

• Haha 1