2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

5 minutes ago, David said:

I've long said that Kettlewell is an underrated manager. He's still relatively young in the profession, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on to carve a very good career out for himself at a higher level either domestically or down south.

I was kind of joking because I'm a huge fan of him but I agree. Very underrated. 

If we keep Bair, I'm not sure we need another forward.

I'm never opposed to signing a creative mid for any team, but I can guarantee that if we do they will be labelled as slow and useless in the tackle by half the fans.

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Spoiler: We're not keeping Bair. 

Looking forward to hearing who's up next based on that list of affordable 20 goals a season strikers you secretly maintain.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2024 at 6:02 PM, MJC said:

Wonder how long it’ll take some on here and more likely the media to call him Steve ‘Sneddon’ just like Theo ‘Blair’ and Chris ‘Humphries’ etc. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club, great to see another new face in. 

You have your answer. First minute of the first game "Sneddon, who's not in the squad today".

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

That was what I was told earlier today, good luck to the lad

100% ….what a move and to a place considerably more appealing than North lanarkshire.
If we get this for him kudos to SK as the lad was going nowhere and a punt for us a year ago. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Aye that's what I was told; he's got his pick of two teams who both met the valuation apparently.

That's what I heard too.

Another striker incoming in the next week or two. 

1 hour ago, mio said:

100% ….what a move and to a place considerably more appealing than North lanarkshire.
If we get this for him kudos to SK as the lad was going nowhere and a punt for us a year ago. 

SK has won a watch if this happens,  yes could have went other way and bair done nowt but thank feck we got him on 2yr deal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mio said:

Theo Bair to Auxerre rumours? £1.1m with £400k add ons? 

Outstanding business if true.

Chuffed for Bair, thats a really good move for him and keeps the wolf from the door for another season.

Does that mean we arent in financial danger until 2026? 😉

More back peddling than the Tour De France stuck in reverse. Twelve months ago SK was clueless for signing a useless St Johnstone reject , that would never amount to anything If that was the level of player we were signing we were doomed.
Thank goodness everyone exept SK was talking shite

1 hour ago, stv said:

More back peddling than the Tour De France stuck in reverse. Twelve months ago SK was clueless for signing a useless St Johnstone reject , that would never amount to anything If that was the level of player we were signing we were doomed.

🙄🙄🙄

55 minutes ago, wellfan said:

According to the scum:

Auxerre have made an offer of around 1.5million Euros, which equates to just over £1.26million.

Hopefully, thats all in instalments and not inclusive of add ons.

14 hours ago, stv said:

I think there was genuine concern when he was first signed especially the 2yr contract.  I also don't think SK helped by playing him out wide.  However bizarrely Biereth leaving was the turning point as The Bair played in the central role and we all know what happened then.

If he goes it is an unbelievable bit of business and I wish Theo all the best

• Like 2