2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

39 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

https://x.com/ScotlandSky/status/1812842871642563045

Bair in France to seal his move, apparently. Saying the move is worth "in excess of £1.4m".

£1.4 million plus add ons is a brilliant bit of business for a player that cost us very little. So the final amount for Bair could be just about what Barmack wanted to invest over 6 years ffs 

Just now, Spiderpig said:

£1.4 million plus add ons is a brilliant bit of business for a player that cost us very little. So the final amount for Bair could be just about what Barmack wanted to invest over 6 years ffs 

That's kinda the way I was seeing it. The initial fee is what ? Around 3-4 years of the Barmack input with no shares or transfer of ownership of anything other then The Bair ?

That plus the payments we get for Kelly and Theo being on international duty is a nice windfall and shows, yet again, that developing players doesn't just mean from the academy. We have a number of examples now where older players (both on-loan and MFC) have gained international recognition during their spells with us.

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

That plus the payments we get for Kelly and Theo being on international duty is a nice windfall and shows, yet again, that developing players doesn't just mean from the academy. We have a number of examples now where older players (both on-loan and MFC) have gained international recognition during their spells with us.

I've been told by a few people that we get absolutely £0 for Theo being away on international duty, although yet to see an official source confirm it either way.

Perhaps CONCACAF or whatever aren't as loaded as UEFA?

2 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I've been told by a few people that we get absolutely £0 for Theo being away on international duty, although yet to see an official source confirm it either way.

Once CONCACAF or CONMEBOL, or whoever it is, has paid out compensation after their piss-up in a brewery last night, they won't have a pot to piss in, let alone cash to pay clubs. 

10 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Once CONCACAF or CONMEBOL, or whoever it is, has paid out compensation after their piss-up in a brewery last night, they won't have a pot to piss in, let alone cash to pay clubs. 

Fair point, well made!

38 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

No idea - that info was from a poster a few weeks ago who sounded like they knew what they were talking about.

3 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Someone tweeted that we got money for Theo but that's all I saw online and there's nothing anywhere to back this up as far as I can see. 

£1.4m for Bair plus add ons is absolutely exceptional.

Well done SK and the club.

Chuffed for the big man. You would imagine its life changing money for him and the chance to further develop and stake a claim to start for his country.

For anyone still on the fence re fan ownership, surely this has to influence their opinion?

7 hours ago, Richie said:

Robinson and Steparovic looked decent when they appeared on Sat and Ebiye's pre-season has been encouraging

Ebiye had a decent record in Norway and did quite well last season given his limited opportunities.

28 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

£1.4m for Bair plus add ons is absolutely exceptional.

Well done SK and the club.

Chuffed for the big man. You would imagine its life changing money for him and the chance to further develop and stake a claim to start for his country.

For anyone still on the fence re fan ownership, surely this has to influence their opinion?

Has that been confirmed yet? 

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

So it’s not confirmed yet 

I believe Kettlewell said today that Bair's move was at an advanced stage - they expect it to be announced within the next two days.