2024/25 Ins & Outs Discussion

David

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Great advert for the club to help entice players to come give us a try 

I pressed wrong emoji pal incase you were confused.  Won't let me change as said I have used all my reactions for one day

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Great advert for the club to help entice players to come give us a try 

Spend a season with Motherwell - end up rich beyond your wildest dreams. It could work. 

18 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I pressed wrong emoji pal incase you were confused.  Won't let me change as said I have used all my reactions for one day

Does it not let you take the emoticon off? 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

I wonder if the Well Society lighting up fivers from Bair's fee and waving them in Barmack's face had anything to do with him withdrawing his offer.

Aw naw....have KLF bought us over then? 😜😜

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

Striker, creative/attacking midfielder, and fast winger all required, preferably before the league starts. 

I can't see us signing a winger, Kettlewell has never played them with us and won't start now.

Definitely a number 10/support striker type required and preferably another left wing back.

How do we pay for these new players given that Kettlewell said tonight that he doesn't expect to see much of the Bair transfer cash? I expect we are looking at loans or players we can get on a free transfer? 

7 hours ago, wellgirl said:

How do we pay for these new players given that Kettlewell said tonight that he doesn't expect to see much of the Bair transfer cash? I expect we are looking at loans or players we can get on a free transfer? 

Well, aye, of course?

We rarely pay significant fees. Anything we do pay will likely be paying up a player's contract and not much more.

That won't take up "much" of Bair's fee.

• Like 1

Yes, we definitely need an imposing main striker, creative No 10 and a pacy wing back. All of these deficiencies were known months ago. As Steelboy ( I think) said, we have a lot of midfielders most of them mediocre and most playing the same role. If anyone wasn't aware of that fact then they most certainly will be now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Yes, we definitely need an imposing main striker, creative No 10 and a pacy wing back. All of these deficiencies were known months ago. As Steelboy ( I think) said, we have a lot of midfielders most of them mediocre and most playing the same role. If anyone wasn't aware of that fact then they most certainly will be now.

Kettlewell said last night post match that he was looking to add at least one more possibly two to the front line.

Surely part of the issue as has been discussed before is that we tend to land loans late on in particular ones we get from down south - if we need to get players in on loan it potentially won't happen for another few weeks.  Biereth and Spencer didn't come in last year until August, Gent at the beginning of September. 

10 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

I can't see us signing a winger, Kettlewell has never played them with us and won't start now.

Definitely a number 10/support striker type required and preferably another left wing back.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I think we're all roughly saying the same thing. He's signed a lot of players but there are still some very obvious deficiencies. 

His downfall is his one-dimensional approach, meaning he rarely has the players required to adapt to an opposition manager who is able to chop and change their formation against us. It's so predictable and easy to play against that type of set up. See Steve Clarke's Scotland in the Euro group stage. 

I know he doesn't like wingers, and it's bloody annoying, but he can get away with it when he has pacy wingbacks, which he doesn't currently have. Maybe Seddon and Marvellous are pacy, but one is broken and the other is an unknown. I think the he'll probably use the loan market again to address this issue, if necessary, but it would nice to have a capable squad before we're 1.5 months into competitive games.

Stuparvević may just be the number 10 we need, I hope, so that's why I think an attacking midfielder and Bair-type striker should be top of his list, especially if he want's to stick with one up top. We can't afford to wait for Slattery to come back and hope he's the messiah. 

The early positive is that he seems to have addressed our central defensive issues with Gordon and Balmer coming in, not to mention that all our centre backs also seem dangerous at set pieces. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Anyone know what happend with Mugabi ? Thought he had a pretty good season last season and was surprised to see him leave 😞

He's still a free agent. Seemingly he was on ridiculous cash from the deal Alexander gave him and he was offered more "realistic" terms.

8 hours ago, Chanzeypopz said:

Anyone know what happend with Mugabi ? Thought he had a pretty good season last season and was surprised to see him leave 😞

He was offered a one year deal I think on reduced terms I believe and declined them.