New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

33 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's pretty obvious that he wants to use the club and funds from the Society and the club to develop and test marketing tools. Is that we want for the future of our club, a focus on marketing, developing AI and global branding? 

The entire situation is absurd. Roll on the 23rd of July so we can get back to reality and focusing on our core business and improving as a team and a community club.

There are elements of marketing, AI and improved branding that can help the club. It's foolish to believe otherwise. It's not the 80's or 90's anymore, and what we're doing at the moment needs to be augmented by new technologies and ideas.

But, the important point is that such technologies need to be used to complement the core business and community aspect of the club, not replace it. Which is what Barmack is proposing, even if he's paying lip service to the core qualities at the heart of our club.

I firmly believe that the Well Society plan will allow for those global relationships that benefit the club and community as a whole, while retaining what makes Motherwell what it is.

No one in the world who isn't already a Motherwell fan wants to watch a game between us and Ross County or St Johnstone in the pouring rain in the middle of winter. 

Even Barmack who is presumably writing off his expenses against tax could only be arsed coming to one game. 'Global' is delusional. 

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

No one in the world who isn't already a Motherwell fan wants to watch a game between us and Ross County or St Johnstone in the pouring rain in the middle of winter. 

Even Barmack who is presumably writing off his expenses against tax could only be arsed coming to one game. 'Global' is delusional. 

Oh aye, his idea of growing the fanbase in America is mental. I'm not sure why he thinks there would be an appeal there for watching a game like the one you describe at 10am on a Saturday morning if you're on the east coast, or even worse at 7am if you're on the west coast.

Any US-based football fan is already catered to with wall to wall English Premier League coverage (where every single game is available live, even 3pm kick offs), and there's the growing MLS for fans who wish to get a more local and live feel to their "soccer."

That's on top of the fact that in the US football is competing with NFL, NBA, and MLB for sports fan eyeballs.

https://x.com/GavinMcCafferty/status/1809347134002454718?t=TyZbd2am63JTu-M4HwTvnw&s=19

Barmack's document use incorrect figures for our financials from Kevin Maguire's Twitter account. 

The correct figures are freely available on the Companies House website where anyone with half a brain can find them. The guy wants to be our chairman next month and he has no clue what our wage bill is. 

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

https://x.com/GavinMcCafferty/status/1809347134002454718?t=TyZbd2am63JTu-M4HwTvnw&s=19

Barmack's document use incorrect figures for our financials from Kevin Maguire's Twitter account. 

The correct figures are freely available on the Companies House website where anyone with half a brain can find them. The guy wants to be our chairman next month and he has no clue what our wage bill is. 

Kieran Maguire is the account he lifted it from. You could be the next chairman of Motherwell with that attention to detail 😉

2 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Caoimhín is Irish for Kevin AFAIK 

No wonder they struggle with spelling.

24 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

You could be the next chairman of Motherwell with that attention to detail 😉

Not a bad idea. I couldn't be any worse.

7 hours ago, steelboy said:

This is absolutely fucking scandalous.

Surely this needs to be stopped or paused now, or at the very least his business plan removed from the supporting documentation.

How on earth this got past the Club without having been checked in any capacity is absolutely horrendous. If this is the level of due diligence done on what's been provided/issued to them, this whole thing has descended into (even more of) a farce.

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

This is absolutely fucking scandalous.

Surely this needs to be stopped or paused now, or at the very least his business plan removed from the supporting documentation.

How on earth this got past the Club without having been checked in any capacity is absolutely horrendous. If this is the level of due diligence done on what's been provided/issued to them, this whole thing has descended into (even more of) a farce.

What due diligence?

McMahon et al. should be ashamed of themselves.

10 hours ago, steelboy said:

The way that I picture you interacting with certain members of our squad, I think that you really could be worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wellfan said:

What due diligence?

McMahon et al. should be ashamed of themselves.

They want out with their cash, so is anyone surprised that they are all for the 1st investment offer they get, they don't give a shit about due diligence or what it means for the club.

Barmack's team must have had a right laugh drafting that proposal with the executive board nodding dogs agreeing to everything

12 hours ago, steelboy said:

You would struggle to find a manager you liked!

😉😉😉

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

They want out with their cash, so is anyone surprised that they are all for the 1st investment offer they get, they don't give a shit about due diligence or what it means for the club.

Barmack's team must have had a right laugh drafting that proposal with the executive board nodding dogs agreeing to everything

Have I missed something? What cash are they expecting to get out with?

At least keep things factual.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Have I missed something? What cash are they expecting to get out with?

At least keep things factual.

Get the deal done, absolve themselves from any further responsibility and then quietly sell their shares to Barmack or one of his team, as I said take their cash out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Get the deal done, absolve themselves from any further responsibility and then quietly sell their shares to Barmack or one of his team, as I said take their cash out.

Have you proof of this? Monetary value? I hope Barmack offers me same.

Any personal holding is greatly reduced and there’s a proposal you can increase dependant on standing so I’m not quite catching how they’ll make on any investment.

Like I said, keep it factual. Been far too much misinterpreting across all platforms. We need no more.

33 minutes ago, David said:

He won't. but one of his associates most likely will at least sound you out.

Tongue was firmly in cheek.

Even the offer of a Joe McBride with Mrs Barmack won’t see me part. It’s never been about investment for me as I’m sure it is for most.

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Does anyone know if Tam Cowan talked about the takeover on Off The Ball today?

I think I heard him a while ago say he'd rather not go into it on radio. He'll have a few quid invested in the club so I imagine he'll keep his cards close to his chest.