New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, sinjy said:

You have convinced me to send in my vote. Thanks for that.

1 minute ago, clueless said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to bother with the shareholder vote, but that argument convinced me as well. 

That's the spirit! :thumbup:

I'd hate to see them try to claim that the Well Society voted against, but other shareholders didn't. There shouldn't be even the faintest crumb of comfort for anyone associated with this bid. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Someone over on P&B saying there's rumours the offer has been pulled... Source is a normally reliable WhatsApp group.

... I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Here's hoping that's the case.

1 hour ago, David said:

If he has pulled the offer i'm sure we'll be hearing all about how the Well society "scared away" an investor.

No doubt, however plenty of evidence how impeccably the WS Board has conducted themselves diplomatically as well as solid factual arguments as to why this was a farcically terrible deal.

My take on it is Chairman Jim was happy to pay lip service to fan ownership while there was a passive WS to not give him much push back, he has seen the change in skillset, attitude, and a more challenging WS Board and shown his true colours by trying to kill the WS with this deal

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Time for the Society board to step up then! Fans will get behind them but only for so long...done plenty of talking since the proposal from Barmack came to the table, now it's time for action.

Exactly no excuses now time to put words into actions none of this it’s over swept under the carpet let’s just plod along as before.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wellfan91 said:

Time for the Society board to step up then! Fans will get behind them but only for so long...done plenty of talking since the proposal from Barmack came to the table, now it's time for action.

What kind of action are you expecting to see? If the Well Society was able to match Barmack's funding by putting £300,000 a year into the club it's not going to be noticeable to us as fans. 

Continued stability is the priority not doing stupid things like investing £4m into a crackpot business plan just to be seen to be doing something.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

What kind of action are you expecting to see? If the Well Society was able to match Barmack's funding by putting £300,000 a year into the club it's not going to be noticeable to us as fans. 

Continued stability is the priority not doing stupid things like investing £4m into a crackpot business plan just to be seen to be doing something.

Somebody produces a 20 odd page document telling me things they are going to do I expect to see the main things put into practice right?

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I don't think anyone is expecting them to be doing the latter, stop being so fucking condescending.

The Society absolutely has to start acting on its own proposal; they're already doing that based on their statement here as they're talking with Caldwell about next steps etc.

We also all need to step up, too, as fans. The Society recognises the Club needs backing and that we need to do better raising funds to support it, so if we can, we should be upping our restarting our contributions just like @wellfan.

It's not time for any of us to sit still and say "they'll deal with it, it'll be fine." Nope. It's time for us to be the ones making the difference, however we can.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Somebody produces a 20 odd page document telling me things they are going to do I expect to see the main things put into practice right?

They are already implementing some of the plan like talking to potential investors. My point is that it won't be transformational and as fans we are unlikely to notice any difference.

• Like 1

Great news! Now we can get on with the job of making the Executive Board truly accountable and drive forward the positive changes required to make Motherwell FC the best version of ourselves we can be! 🧡❤️🧡