New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

19 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Well said sir. He's been dropped in at the deep end. 

Indeed, and has already overseen multiple new signings early in the transfer window and the lucrative transfer of Thelonius, all against a background of nonsense., looking forward to what he can do for us now all this has settled

4 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Your humour is timeless 🤣.

You sure you didn't mean 'your time is humourless' ?? 😁

32 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The morning after the night that never was. I wonder how Jim and Erik are feeling now that they’ve exhausted the world’s supply of Brasso. 

I wish neither party any harm.

Rather than focus on retribution, revenge, vendettas, punishement and reprisals its now time for all of us to get behind the Society and club to work for positive change and to support the former's strategy.  Personnel changes should be actioned in a timely but business like and objective way. We've no time for negative distractions now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

Rather than focus on retribution, revenge, vendettas, punishement and reprisals its now time for all of us to get behind the Society and club to work for positive change and to support the former's strategy.  Personnel changes should be actioned in a timely but business like and objective way. We've no time for negative distractions now.

I concur.

But McMahon, Dickie and Feely have to go.

They are the negative distraction.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don’t wish them any harm either, I was making a joke of their bold but misguided natures. 

However, it remains that those involved from the Club (McMahon, Dickie and Feely) have to be removed via the proper channels. This proposed removal isn’t retribution or revenge or whatever, it is the proper course of action to take following their actions which have made their positions untenable.

They have done this to themselves by creating the negative distraction, and it would be improper of any business to retain such individuals who have sought to undermine said business in the way they have. 

• Like 4

We can obviously learn lessons from what happened over last few weeks but not to the point of obsession . That’s the past now let’s look ahead to the future with a revitalised WS board , executive board and even more importantly in my opinion an enthused and hopefully more engaged WS membership  pulling together as one .
The WS board as  excellent  as they have done are only as strong as its members and this has proved to be the case of late.

I know it’s an old cliche but our strength moving forward will be down to our unity and engagement as one .

Let’s keep this energy going forward, , thank the WS board for working on our behalf and push on with the plans outlined in the WS document.
Let’s get right behind them the CEO and whoever will be the new Chair . 
They deserve that chance

• Like 2

@Mintymac, absolutely spot on. Any membership organisation is only as strong as it's members to an extent and it's more than important than ever that we all push forward collectively to grow fan-ownership and the football club.

What I've been really impressed with in recent weeks and months is how many people have came forward to offer their skills, expertise and time. It's really important that we utilise our membership. We've got over 4,000 members and we need to find out what people can bring to the table. That doesn't necessarily mean sitting on a board or attending meetings every week, but it could be lending your skills to a project, giving pointers or opening doors etc. 

As a Society Board member (for now 😊), I'd like to thank all members of The Well Society who engaged in the process regardless of opinion. 

It’s been a costly, time-consuming and emotionally draining exercise, but this has been fan-ownership in action It’s energised members, improved communication and boosted numbers. In my opinion, it’s a really positive time to be a Well fan and I hope everyone can start pulling in the same direction. 

Attention now immediately turns to delivering, alongside the Chief Executive and a new club board, on the strategy set out in our plan. 

We've also got the opportunity for members to join the board with elections in the coming weeks. If anyone is considering standing and would like to discuss what that may entail if you are successful, feel free to reach out. 

Another reminder that our Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday 12 August 2024. I'd really encourage all members who can attend to sign up and come along. 

If you’ve not already, please consider joining The Well Society, or if you are already a member please consider upping your subscription. Happy to answer any questions.

• Like 8

I still don't know why McMahon Dickie and Feeley thought this deal would be good for the club but am prepared to cut them some slack as I think in their own minds they must have genuinely (but foolishly) thought it was the best way forward.

The 3 of them are died in the wool 'Well fans so why would they want something that would harm the club they've supported all their lives, that's the thing I can't get my head around.

Regardless of that I would like to think that they will now do the right thing and resign their positions and allow the new kids on the block to pick up the reigns and drive the club forward but be there for any help or advice they are asked for because at the end of the day they have been relatively successful at running the club regardless of recent events.

What we don't want is some kind of power struggle.

• Like 4

McMahon is outgoing. Dickie has quit the WS so his place on the exec board should be removed and Feeley should be removed as chair if he doesn't believe in the WS. He's welcome to finish his term and stand for re-election. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

McMahon is outgoing. Dickie has quit the WS so his place on the exec board should be removed and Feeley should be removed as chair if he doesn't believe in the WS. He's welcome to finish his term and stand for re-election. 

Mr Feely can only dream of a mere 80-20 split in any such election!

44 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I would guess this will be sorted before the Well Society AGM or there will be a few resolutions that embarrass the three of them.

We currently have 7 WS Board members. One, Markus Schieren is NOT seeking re-election. Two,  Derek Watson IS seeking re-election. The other 5  are in their 3 year elected cycle so the Board member who was in favour of the Barmack proposal will need to be forced to resign or they will be in place for the next two years. Will ordinary members present at the AGM act accordingly ?.   

13 minutes ago, Villageman said:

We currently have 7 WS Board members. One, Markus Schieren is NOT seeking re-election. Two,  Derek Watson IS seeking re-election. The other 5  are in their 3 year elected cycle so the Board member who was in favour of the Barmack proposal will need to be forced to resign or they will be in place for the next two years. Will ordinary members present at the AGM act accordingly ?.   

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone holding a contradictory opinion to the majority whilst sitting on a board, in fact, I personally see it as quite a healthy thing. Otherwise nothing would be critiqued appropriately and it would just get nodded through.

If Feely is willing to say publicly that he is 100% supportive of the direction the Society is wanting to move in, then I don't have an issue with him remaining on the WS Board.

I do have an issue with him remaining as Chair and as an Exec Board representative, however.

My biggest issue is with Dickie and McMahon.

13 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone holding a contradictory opinion to the majority whilst sitting on a board, in fact, I personally see it as quite a healthy thing. Otherwise nothing would be critiqued appropriately and it would just get nodded through.

If Feely is willing to say publicly that he is 100% supportive of the direction the Society is wanting to move in, then I don't have an issue with him remaining on the WS Board.

I do have an issue with him remaining as Chair and as an Exec Board representative, however.

Do you see him being removed as Chair and remaining as a member of the Board. I too have a healthy respect for differing opinions but not publicly as in this case.

29 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I trust it is up to the Society Board to select who they choose to represent the WS on the Club Board. Following the upcoming elections. For practical reasons that might not have been 100% the case on day one.

Given how things transpired of late I don't see how Tom Feely can remain in that position though. Trust is a huge thing. As for Dickie, why on earth is he still on the Exec Board having resigned from the WS Board? I am guessing he is still in position although hopefully someone can confirm otherwise. I had hoped he would do the decent thing and resign from both.

The worry I have is that not enough of the revised WS Board will feel qualified enough, or be able to afford the time, to cover both positions. Perhaps that is one reason the WS were seeking specific skill sets from those putting their names forward?

His disagreement being public isn't helping nor do I necessarily agree with it. However, if he's willing to acknowledge that it was mistake and support the Society moving forward, I would say he should see out his term and then if he wishes stand again.

The Society Board are, I would imagine, holding off on any new Chairperson appointments prior to the next round of elections to see who is elected and what sort of skillset the new members bring.

As for the Exec Board, I'd need to go back and check what the new AOA are in terms of minimum numbers for a quorum etc.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong 

The 3 WS board members who voted for this deal were the 3 WS members on the executive board

I assume that the executive board has a financial director who advises them.

Maybe they were guided by his presentation of the club’s financial position.

Could be totally wrong and we’re just a Mickey Mouse outfit and don’t have a financial director. 

Not all Society members were against the proposal so to force society board members out would be wrong and sums up what was wrong with this entire debate within our support. If anything the Society board absolutely needs a range of views given how horrifically this was all managed. 

• Like 1