New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

2 minutes ago, dennyc said:

And certainly, as owners, direct the Club Board rather than be dictated to by that Board. Perhaps some good can come out of this whole affair at the end of the day.

Absolutely I think a good consensus now realising through this what we want the WS to do for us.

Just now, Big Wispy Flossy said:

I’m sure it’s they three plus a new finance director. I will endeavour to find out 

Aye, David Lindsay was appointed, Caldwell joined as well but I don't know if he has a vote or not?

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

The article on the BBC website looks very much as if it's been lifted directly from communication from the well society. 

Screenshot_20240611_212728.jpg

It's not unreasonable to assume that an alternative plan to "outside" investment is "internal" investment- no? The source of any confusion. As I understand it  from comments by Derek Weir and Jim McMahon the aim of the former is to keep the club competitive at its currently broad level. The aim of the latter is somewhat narrower by aiming to build up a rainy day fund. Therefore  the two are not mutually exclusive in theory. Some clarity for the benefit of members to correct any misunderstandings and temper expectations would be useful at this stage.

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Having just caught up after a long day at work, how do we get StAndrew7 and Steelboy onto the Well Society Board? 

I don't know about them specifically, but I didn't vote for any of the 3 resignees. I voted for the new faces I thought would freshen things up and bring in some new ideas. 

10 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Having just caught up after a long day at work, how do we get StAndrew7 and Steelboy onto the Well Society Board? 

I've only just joined the WS today, so maybe give me time. 😄

Although thank you very much for the show of confidence!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It's not unreasonable to assume that an alternative plan to "outside" investment is "internal" investment- no? The source of any confusion. As I understand it  from comments by Derek Weir and Jim McMahon the aim of the former is to keep the club competitive at its currently broad level. The aim of the latter is somewhat narrower by aiming to build up a rainy day fund. Therefore  the two are not mutually exclusive in theory. Some clarity for the benefit of members to correct any misunderstandings and temper expectations would be useful at this stage.

That's how they painted it at the AGM, yes. But that's also seemingly how McMahon in particular wants it to remain.

I don't expect it to be how the Society's proposed new strategy/plan will paint it.

12 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

As a longtime WS member, you’d have my vote and I’m sure that of many others after your recent articulate analysis of the situation. The surviving WS board are watching. Reach out to them. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

As a longtime WS member, you’d have my vote and I’m sure that of many others after your recent articulate analysis of the situation. The surviving WS board are watching. Reach out to them. 

Again, chapeau etc. for the compliments and I'm happy to help where I can, but Board membership isn't quite for me yet.

First baby is due in August and not sure the good lady her indoors would be too pleased with me. 😅

1 minute ago, StAndrew7 said:

Again, chapeau etc. for the compliments and I'm happy to help where I can, but Board membership isn't quite for me yet.

First baby is due in August and not sure the good lady her indoors would be too pleased with me. 😅

My first is due in August as well. Co-candidacy? 

• Haha 1

Just now, wellfan said:

My first is due in August as well. Co-candidacy? 

I'll need to fight to make sure the first football related clothing item is Motherwell related rather than Manchester United, so let me sort that one first. 😅

32 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Id vote for you.

Your views on the WS and its involvement in the club mirror those of of my own.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I'll need to fight to make sure the first football related clothing item is Motherwell related rather than Manchester United, so let me sort that one first. 😅

Good luck!

A positive I have seen today is that Barmack is definitely not hung up on the shareholding %'s....he seems up for reshaping the deal so WS remains at minimum 51% ..... That seems to be a big box ticker......

Another positive is that the WS board are spending time to put together a proposal and plan to increase funds coming into the WS and in turn benefit the club.....

Surely the third positive would be that we find a way both proposals/parties work together as both proposals are working on bringing additional funds into the club with the aim of ensuring we remain competitive so surely both can co-exist and doesn't need to be one or the other? That for me would be the big win and best way forward

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Interesting that Barmack is saying on P&B that he didn't always receive the feedback of the WS Board from (I assume) the Executive Board/outgoing chairman... I wonder why?

As I wrote yesterday, it appears that McMahon et al gaslit the Barmack’s into believing their offer was acceptable, which has led them to waste their time. Erik’s now realising that, as his commendable yet futile dialogue on P&B demonstrates. 

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

I've only just joined the WS today

😄

Snap. I wonder how many other fans have reacted to this proposal in the same way.

And good luck to yourself and wellfan on the new arrivals front.

• Like 1

It's good to see that people are taking a strong stand against the Well Society going below 51% but there's a lot more wrong with this proposal than just that. 

Any deal where the Well Society pays to have it's shareholding devalued has to be rejected and we need a proper valuation of the club. Anyone who values us at only 18% of the value of Hibs has an ulterior motive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's good to see that people are taking a strong stand against the Well Society going below 51% but there's a lot more wrong with this proposal than just that. 

Any deal where the Well Society pays to have it's shareholding devalued has to be rejected and we need a proper valuation of the club. Anyone who values us at only 18% of the value of Hibs has an ulterior motive. 

From Barmack's comments late last night on P&B, it very much seems like a lot of information that was supposed (?) to be fed back to him hasn't been, particularly feedback on it from the Society.

I'm beginning to get more convinced that he's been led down the path by individuals on the Exec Board that this would go through and that it would all be fine etc.

The ideal situation for me now is that this deal gets launched, the Exec Board are forced to resign and then the Society, along with Caldwell and the other remaining executives at the club reopen negotiations with Barmack.

7 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Interesting that Barmack is saying on P&B that he didn't always receive the feedback of the WS Board from (I assume) the Executive Board/outgoing chairman... I wonder why?

Red lights began to flash for me some months ago, when the Society released a statement saying that it wasn't actively engaged in negotiations. I thought at the time "Why not, you should be as you are the club's major shareholder".  It would now seem that lines of communication were not what they could have been with Erik Barmack.

Irrespective of how its done, I think there's mileage in continuing negotiations, taking into account major concerns we have.

6 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Red lights began to flash for me some months ago, when the Society released a statement saying that it wasn't actively engaged in negotiations. I thought at the time "Why not, you should be as you are the club's major shareholder".  It would now seem that lines of communication were not what they could have been with Erik Barmack.

Irrespective of how its done, I think there's mileage in continuing negotiations, taking into account major concerns we have.

I absolutely agree with you there but if the former point is correct, the latter cannot continue without the WS actively involved and the Exec Board members who let it happen in the first place as far away from it as possible.

It reads to me like they've been, for want of a better expression, gaslighting Barmack to get to this deal telling him that it'll be fine and dandy, when the WS Board feedback more than likely said it wasn't going to be acceptable. Which then leads to other questions about how well the WS have been represented on the Exec Board by Messers Dickie and Feely... But I think we can all get to the same conclusions there based on the events of the last few days.

36 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hibs own Easter Road which is a significant piece of land close to the City Centre with a huge value for housing or commercial development. In addition they also own a 94 acre training centre in Tranent, East Lothian. The total value of both is in the region of £24 million plus.