New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

17 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

They have though, the Executive Board have backed this deal "unanimously", so that's their plan for the future.

But the Society have advised fans to reject so if the vote is no then what happens then? Where does the club go from here 

(just a general question. Not expecting you to know the answer). 

4 minutes ago, stv said:

Hows about you get on the board or society. Then actually do something. I think you would not find it so easy to throw about negative and slanderous comments when you actually need to justify them to others. On the other hand your maybees just at the wynd up. 😏

The Society board agree with me that McMahon has massively undervalued the club. It's undervalued to the extent it can't be considered an honest mistake. 

The question is what they are going to do about it? If we ever actually have a Society meeting about this you can come watch me make all these points in public. 

Call me old fashioned but over on P&B we’ve got the another negotiating team corresponding with EB . To be fair he seems fine with it ie. transparency and all that stuff . 
Just doesn’t seem/feel right to me . 
Openness is fine but Jesus Christ surely not on a fans forum .

The way this whole thing is unraveling is not a good look .

Kettlewell  must be astonished at what’s going on and not ideal for enticing players to the club .

These last few day have been a  total eye opener and imo totally disheartening.

Kettlewell said he wanted everyone pulling in the same direction a he’s got the opposite . 
Divided Ex.board and WS board divided fans ,EB on P&B sound boarding and resignations .

Whoever is responsible for this car crash should hold there head/heads in shame . 
This must go down as a learning tool on how not to conduct negotiations.

From a totally pissed off normally glass half full kinda person . 

The thing I'm finding it hard to get my head around are the motives of the executive board behind recommending acceptance of what on the surface looks like a shit deal.

As far as I know they're all die hard Motherwell fans who surely want the best for the club they've supported all their lives so why would they accept something that could potentially affect the future of the club and cause division among the support.

Is there something going on behind the scenes that we're not party to or have they just had enough of running the club and want out at any cost or something else?.

2 minutes ago, Mintymac said:

Call me old fashioned but over on P&B we’ve got the another negotiating team corresponding with EB . To be fair he seems fine with it ie. transparency and all that stuff . 
Just doesn’t seem/feel right to me . 
Openness is fine but Jesus Christ surely not on a fans forum .

The way this whole thing is unraveling is not a good look .

Kettlewell  must be astonished at what’s going on and not ideal for enticing players to the club .

These last few day have been a  total eye opener and imo totally disheartening.

Kettlewell said he wanted everyone pulling in the same direction a he’s got the opposite . 
Divided Ex.board and WS board divided fans ,EB on P&B sound boarding and resignations .

Whoever is responsible for this car crash should hold there head/heads in shame . 
This must go down as a learning tool on how not to conduct negotiations.

From a totally pissed off normally glass half full kinda person . 

Well to be fair he's surely got the right to state his position given some of the stuff that was being said. The same way anyone else would want to. 

He's getting the blame (on twitter as well) for valuing the club at 4 million pounds when it was apparently the the club that did it. 

Some fans were also personally attacking him and name calling him on P and B. 

As for divided fans. Fans are always going to be divided over lots of issues. I'm not going to necessarily agree with someone just because I support Motherwell and them with me. If there's divisions, they've been there for a while I think. 

I do understand the point you are making but the vote hasn't happened yet. The club has been badly run for a while on certain levels. I think this has just brought it all to the surface. 

1 minute ago, santheman said:

Is there something going on behind the scenes that we're not party to or have they just had enough of running the club and want out at any cost or something else?.

It's pretty obvious that McMahon and Dickie want to get rid of the The Well Society and see Barmack as a means to an end. An wealthy American with zero track record is obviously a better option to them than working class fans from the East Stand having some influence. 

Fuck knows what Feely and Downie are thinking. They are both staying silent at the moment so I doubt they could actually explain it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's pretty obvious that McMahon and Dickie want to get rid of the The Well Society and see Barmack as a means to an end. An wealthy American with zero track record is obviously a better option to them than working class fans from the East Stand having some influence. 

Fuck knows what Feely and Downie are thinking. They are both staying silent at the moment so I doubt they could actually explain it. 

Downie has resigned, so fairy obvious what her feelings are/were.

28 minutes ago, santheman said:

The thing I'm finding it hard to get my head around are the motives of the executive board behind recommending acceptance of what on the surface looks like a shit deal.

As far as I know they're all die hard Motherwell fans who surely want the best for the club they've supported all their lives so why would they accept something that could potentially affect the future of the club and cause division among the support.

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'm going to contact the Society board to find out the reasons why the 3 members voted to accept the deal. There must be some logic behind their views. I only want their collective reasons behind their vote no more. They're all Well fans as you say. No recriminations and no witchhunt. We may have different views within the support and thats only natural. As Mintymac suggests we now need to show some unity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

We switch to playing rugby and relocate to East Kilbride.

What a stupid question. 

Sorry but that response is out of order. The poster asked a genuine question, and qualified it, only to be treated like shite. Do you really think other fans are not asking or thinking the same thing? Not everyone is into this whole affair as strongly and aware as you are.

Everybody on here is looking for the best way forward and with the Society's and Clubs best interest at heart.

Are you big enough to apologise?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Sorry but that response is out of order. The poster asked a genuine question, and qualified it, only to be treated like shite. Do you really think other fans are not asking or thinking the same thing? Not everyone is into this whole affair as strongly and aware as you are.

Everybody on here is looking for the best way forward and with the Society's and Clubs best interest at heart.

Are you big enough to apologise?

No chance.

She has spent the whole week asking the same idiotic questions over and over in an attempt to create the impression that the club is in some of crisis situation if we don't get immediate investment. She has spent almost her entire time on the board trying to derail any conversation about this takeover attempt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The main thing that needs to happen now is for the The Well Society to get a reliable valuation put on their shareholding and let the members know exactly how much McMahon has undervalued our assets.

After that they need to get legal advice about whether it's actually legal to hold a vote based on a inaccurate valuation.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

No chance.

She has spent the whole week asking the same idiotic questions over and over in an attempt to create the impression that the club is in some of crisis situation if we don't get immediate investment. She has spent almost her entire time on the board trying to derail any conversation about this takeover attempt

Not true. But thanks for confirming your approach regards folk with even a slightly different view than yourself. You have brought more to this debate than anyone and are being proven correct on almost everything you have highlighted from day one. So thanks for that.  But responses like that detract from the valid points you make. Did you even need to respond if you thought the question so basic?

4 hours ago, wellgirl said:

But the Society have advised fans to reject so if the vote is no then what happens then? Where does the club go from here 

Probably many different paths

revamp the current proposal to an acceptable investment option for both parties

above plus revamped WS option

Kill the Barmack option and proceed with revamped WS option 

continue as is while still searching for additional investmen

thats just the financial side,  not sure where we are or where we are going with regards to WS and MFC boards. 

my head hurts reading all this stuff and I haven’t even been close to looking on P&B 🥴

31 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Did you even need to respond 

This.

Sometimes smart people ask stupid questions. Sometimes stupid people ask smart questions. Sometimes it's not easy to tell the difference. Either way, there's no need for a stupid answer - just scroll on by.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Probably many different paths

revamp the current proposal to an acceptable investment option for both parties

above plus revamped WS option

Kill the Barmack option and proceed with revamped WS option 

continue as is while still searching for additional investmen

thats just the financial side,  not sure where we are or where we are going with regards to WS and MFC boards. 

my head hurts reading all this stuff and I haven’t even been close to looking on P&B 🥴

I would advise against it 🤣

Yeah. There's lots of avenues open which isn't necessarily a bad thing. On re reading the well society statement it looks like their plans will be made available at the beginning of July. 

7 hours ago, steelboy said:

What kind of skills?

Skills like McMahon, Weir and Wilson where they managed to destroy Royal Bank Of Scotland and made every household in the country pay for it?

The CEO is a professional who runs the club day to day. Our business is footballl, it's extremely straightforward and the primary income streams come via the SPFL, the SFA and UEFA. What we need in both boardrooms is honesty and intregrity. 

Extremely straight forward?? Really?? Then why is it so difficult to get right??

5 hours ago, stv said:

Hows about you get on the board or society. Then actually do something. I think you would not find it so easy to throw about negative and slanderous comments when you actually need to justify them to others. On the other hand your maybees just at the wynd up. 😏

Negative and slanderous comments. Where? I'd say objective rather than negative and I don't know where I have slandered anyone. For example I haven't labelled anyone crooked. However, my opinion is the current Well Society board don't have the experience and skills to direct a business with a value of £8 million. I hope I am proved wrong and will be more than happy to say so if that's the case.'

2 minutes ago, Peter Millar said:

Negative and slanderous comments. Where? I'd say objective rather than negative and I don't know where I have slandered anyone. For example I haven't labelled anyone crooked. However, my opinion is the current Well Society board don't have the experience and skills to direct a business with a value of £8 million. I hope I am proved wrong and will be more than happy to say so if that's the case.'

That post wasn't aimed at you I don't think. 

6 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Given that the club board voted unanimously in favour of the deal, it is reasonable to assume that Caldwell, Lindsay, and McMahon supported it. The first two may not have had an actual vote, but I would wager they were in favour for the club to use the term "unanimous." That is their right. They can vote as they see fit.

The issue arises with Feely and Dickie. I understand their positions on the club board are as representatives of the Society, so by voting in favour of effectively ending the Well Society's control of the club, they have voted against the principles of the organisation they are supposed to represent.

Moving forward, I believe the Society should seek to have them removed from the club board and replaced with two other representatives.

Those on the current Well Society board who are interested should make themselves known, and the members can vote on who we wish to represent us at the club level.

We also need to replace the three individuals on the Society board who voted against maintaining Well Society control of the club. Their positions have become untenable, as two of the three have already admitted.