New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

54 minutes ago, steelboy said:

That's a great statement to make today. Compare it to Wilson who had nothing substantial to say and there's surely only one way for sensible fans to vote.Ā 

I've already got my Reject vote in.Ā 

It is indeed a great statement, and very well-timed.

Wilson has shown himself to be a compliant yes-man whoā€™s never had to deal with the consequences of his actions in business. Add to that, McMahon must send excellent birthday cards.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Electric Blues said:

Technically speaking, he's MISQUOTED you, by not including your "colourful metaphors", as Mr Spock once described them.

Pity, I felt that's the bit that really helped hammer the message home.

The response on Twitter to the outgoing chairman's statement is quite something.

I've obviously been keeping an eye on this for a while and on Twitter I've been noticing an increase in the number of fans favouring reject over the last week or so. And the flip side is no increase at all in accept as far as I can tell. Facebook might be different but I stay well clear of that.Ā 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

The response on Twitter to the outgoing chairman's statement is quite something.

I've obviously been keeping an eye on this for a while and on Twitter I've been noticing an increase in the number of fans favouring reject over the last week or so. And the flip side is so increase at all in accept as far as I can tell. Facebook might be different but I stay well clear of that.Ā 

Gavin McCafferty's post pointing out the inaccuracies in the Barmack plan seems to have been the tipping point for a good few on the fence.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

I've obviously been keeping an eye on this for a while and on Twitter I've been noticing an increase in the number of fans favouring reject over the last week or so. And the flip side is so increase at all in accept as far as I can tell. Facebook might be different but I stay well clear of that.Ā 

I did a bit of "informing" on FB last night to one of the (many) Colins who seem to be in favour; turns out he doesn't have a vote.Ā šŸ¤”Ā šŸ˜…

I kept going, as it felt like getting as much information/explanation out there was a good idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Gavin McCafferty's post pointing out the inaccuracies in the Barmack plan seems to have been the tipping point for a good few on the fence.

Aye, fair play to him; he's been absolutely outstanding throughout this and so has his old man in the last fortnight or so.

• Like 1

Should we start taking bets on McMahon, Dickie, and Feelyā€™s resignation/removal dates now?

On the other hand, kudos to those who've stuck their heads above the parapet recently, both on social media and in the press.Ā 

8 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Should we start taking bets on McMahon, Dickie, and Feelyā€™s resignation/removal dates now?

On the other hand, kudos to those who've stuck their heads above the parapet recently, both on social media and in the press.Ā 

My money is on PM 22nd July, each way bet 23rd.Ā 

11 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The Society has done a good job today with their PR. The message from Bryan Jackson was a nice touch.

Where was that?Ā 

Got my voting pack in.

Another for the REJECT pile.

The 2 guys I sit with are reject also.

Great statement from Brian McCafferty. Great timing also.

Hopefully we can win this by a resounding margin and move on stronger.

Ā 

Just now, StAndrew7 said:

Nice one.

I dont do Twitter anymore. They closed down my account for breaching community standards!

Only they wouldnt tell me what I had done wrong so I couldnt appeal! šŸ˜†

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Nice one.

I dont do Twitter anymore. They closed down my account for breaching community standards!

Only they wouldnt tell me what I had done wrong so I couldnt appeal! šŸ˜†

Not bought a Tesla yet, probs.

3 minutes ago, wellfan said:

A decent summary from Nick McPheat, outlining the absurdity of the past few weeks and today.Ā 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cm52em9vkn4o

"McMahon is now attempting to encourage others to back the Barmacks in a statement that initially spelled their name incorrectly four times, published more than an hour after voting opened on Monday morning."

šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£

17 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

"McMahon is now attempting to encourage others to back the Barmacks in a statement that initially spelled their name incorrectly four times, published more than an hour after voting opened on Monday morning."

šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£Ā šŸ’£

šŸš€ šŸ”„ šŸ’€

I do hope all those with a vote are clear that this vote is about Wild sheep offer. We want to reject this offer.Ā 
Ā Ā We are still able to consider any future investments that may be proposed. This one should definitely be an overwhelming rejection but we should keep our mind open and carefully consider any future offers on a case by case basis, after all, we want what is best for MFC to help sustain its future.Ā 
PS. There is no truth in the rumor that Wild Sheep is an online dating service for Aberdeen supportersā€¦..or is there?Ā 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

I do hope all those with a vote are clear that this vote is about WS offer. We want to reject this offer.Ā 
Ā Ā We are still able to consider any future investments that may be proposed. This one should definitely be an overwhelming rejection but we should keep our mind open and carefully consider any future offers on a case by case basis, after all, we want what is best for MFC to help sustain its future.Ā 

You mean Wild Sheep Sports/Barmark's, yeah? That reads like you mean the Well Society!Ā šŸ¤£

https://x.com/MotherwellWorld/status/1810343964286861434

Kettlewell is obviously saying the right thing by staying out of the debate about investment and fan ownership but i've got to admit if I got a notification for a 35 minute Youtube video where he gives his take on the full saga i'd be getting the beers and popcorn out and sitting down to watch.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2