New Investment Options

Kmcalpin

15 minutes ago, wellfan said:

As you say, it’s now the Well Society’s turn. Give the new Board a break and the chance they’ve earned.

Your right they’ve put forward their proposals /arguments and deserve the chance to put them into place

It’s one thing putting them down on a bit of paper and a completely different proposition delivering them.

I wish them all the luck in the world … … future of the club may well depend on that happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Every other Club is free to operate how they choose to; I think our model is the best for Motherwell. How many of those clubs are in potentially chronic/crippling amounts of debt to those investors? Sooner or later they're going to want their money back and that'll potentially spell catastrophe for them, just like it did when Boyle realised he'd fucked it.

Have you read the thread regarding the POD stand ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Yes I did and and I was not that impressed by it … … But wether you admit it or not we need outside investment 

And who exactly is saying we don't need outside investment?

But not at any cost and with little thought of implications. The Society Board have set out a draft plan that seeks to bring in both internal and external investment, initially locally and then from further afield. But it will not, and should not, happen overnight and with a disregard of consequences. Otherwise we might as well have just adopted the Wild Sheep/McMahon masterplan.

And that Society plan must work hand hand with a revitalised, forward thinking Executive Board utilising their experience and contacts to secure additional income/investment streams. With the Club, at the same time, examining all aspects of the Organisation to address any inefficiencies they identify. I genuinely believe that for progress to be made relationships have to be repaired and trust restored. Board adjustments in both areas may assist, but that will take time and protocol has to be followed.

But I do agree the change we all wish to see needs to start immediately, and be seen to start immediately. The Society Board have already reached out to the Club CEO and Board and it will be revealing to see what response they receive. But it is not just up to the Society Board to continue the progress we have seen of late. Every single fan needs to get on board and support their efforts in any way they can.

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Yes I did and and I was not that impressed by it … … But wether you admit it or not we need outside investment 

With the best will in the world our fan base will not creat the financial sustainability going forward.

As I said in earlier post getting businesses to commit to sponsorship is a different ball game from getting them to commit to investment.

There has to be some give from WS going forward or we will never get inward investment in the club. This debacle has set this back light years in my opinion. What investor is going to come anywhere near us know.

WS have to stop talking the talk and show us that they can walk the walk … … it will be interesting going forward.

Every other club in the league apart from us and St Mirren have a major outside investor who are the major shareholder of the club.

Deary me

1 hour ago, wellwell91 said:

Have you read the thread regarding the POD stand ???

... yes? I'm not entirely sure of the point you're trying to make. This was going to be an issue, regardless of the investment.

Barmack's investment was never going to get anywhere near funding a new stadium, nor was any of the money he and the WS were going to put in to the Club be used for that, or to improve the playing squad. It was for his "strategic projects" which may or may not have generated revenue/income to then fund a new stadium.

There's ways to raise the funds for a new stadium, the first being the eventual sale of the land FP is on, once it's properly valued. Then add in sponsorship agreements/naming rights (which may well include strategic investments as outlined in the WS plan), setting aside of % from transfer fees for it and other methods etc.

Here's an example; let's say the Society ends up with £1,000,000 in the bank from contributions over the next 12-18 months. That pot remains as the safety net for the "doomsday" scenario we now know so much about. Income generated after that from subscriptions, fundraising and other ventures can then be set aside into another account/property fund or given to the Club to start building a funding pot for a new stadium, or if the move doesn't need to happen, the start of a pot to renovate/demolish/build a-new the main stand.

I don't think anyone is questioning the need for investment, or the situation we find ourselves in.

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

With the best will in the world our fan base will not creat the financial sustainability going forward.

Purely on that measure alone, you are probably correct, however our fan base if properly motivated to maximise as many members as it can, develop new revenue streams etc will enable the WS to step up and become more hands on if you like to ensure proper governance at the club going forward.

This will ensure that any future investment offers will be considered in a much better position for the club than the shambles of recent weeks.

I was never a fan of the WS for various reasons but I will probably now sign up and commit to see if real fan ownership can be realised

• Thanks 1

We'll find out (relatively) soon enough if we can attract new investors, but for now - even without the additional income from Theo's transfer - no investment is better than a bad investment.

It would be interesting and a boost to the fans if the WS let us know how many new members they've attracted since the news broke and how much the DDs have increased.

I know that the WhatsApp group I'm in with some mates (20 in total) who are all WS members are all increasing or already have increased their monthly amounts.

I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, santheman said:

It would be interesting and a boost to the fans if the WS let us know how many new members they've attracted since the news broke and how much the DDs have increased.

I know that the WhatsApp group I'm in with some mates (20 in total) who are all WS members are all increasing or already have increased their monthly amounts.

I think we may be pleasantly surprised.

I think Jay posted over on P&B that Sally was completely swamped with people wanting to join and/or restart/update their contributions. It might be a while!

But absolutely agreed; if they can show that they're already on their way to meeting the first bit of #ThePlan by reinvigorating contributions to the WS, it's a solid start!

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You won't get a figure of how much DD's have increased. These things are variable and it be mad to announce they are getting £7000 a month more or whatever

Subscription totals will be highlighted in the Annual Accounts enabling comparisons to be made. Might be a year or so before that is meaningful though.

To keep the positivity going right now there is no reason why in a month or so figures cannot be made available detailing how many new members have signed up following the Wild Sheep rejection. Also the number of non contributing members that have restarted monthly payments or set them up for the first time. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

You won't get a figure of how much DD's have increased. These things are variable and it be mad to announce they are getting £7000 a month more or whatever

Realise that giving actual amounts might not be possible but it would be good publicity to even be told how much it's gone up in percentage terms.

All adds to the feelgood factor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pretzel said:

An update from the Well Society.

http://thewellsociety.uk

Not that it matters now of course but, 1,201 Well Society members had voted to reject the proposal (78.45%) while 330 Well Society members had voted to accept the proposal (21.55%)

How many eligible to vote members does the WS have in total?

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The last figures I was given at end February was around 3800 including Junior members. Around 1500 members contributed financially by monthly DD. Not aware of any update since.

26 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The number of votes cast was 1531, and the turnout of eligible members was 56%, so that puts the number of members eligible to vote at 2735. I think. If membership was remarked to be approx. 3800 a while ago, there must be 1000 members who were ineligible to vote. 

• 1,531 votes were cast by Tuesday 16 July at 10am
  • 56% of eligible Well Society members had voted by this point
  • This ensured the turnout threshold of 35% was exceeded
  • 330 Well Society members had voted to accept the proposal (21.55%)
  • 1,201 Well Society members had voted to reject the proposal (78.45%)

EDIT - Basically, the maths suggests that there was about 1200 members eligible to vote who didn't vote. I think.

Edited by wellfan

Also:

Jim McMahon, 16 July: "discussions around this proposal are creating significant divisions within the fanbase."

Ballot (midway), 16 July: 80/20 against the proposal.

Get him to fuck. He's been found out on multiple occasions now. 

• Like 1

It's like Tom Baker's character in Black Adder. 

"There's two schools of thought on that. Everyone else does, but I don't"

Now I'll sit back and wait for the Black Adder geeks to correct my recollection.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I have been impressed with BC so far 

Think he's played a blinder considering he's been piggy in the middle between the 2 boards.

Hopefully he can now get on with the job he signed up for.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, santheman said:

Think he's played a blinder considering he's been piggy in the middle between the 2 boards.

Hopefully he can now get on with the job he signed up for.

Well said sir. He's been dropped in at the deep end. 

• Like 2