2024/25 pre-season thread

David

6 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Pattergeddon. Bet you’re a hoot in real life.

Nope , I’m not an owl.     Right no more from me , call it a score draw.

Looking at Transfermrkt and Livi have brought in 9 new players the same as us. Not the most exciting game on paper but we'll see plenty of new faces.

We're at home 4 out of the next 5 Saturdays and on the other Saturday we are at NDP. Hopefully we can build some good momentum. 

Due to the vile, inbred, bigoted scum of Scotland having several marches today, with one being close to Fir Park straight after the match, any advice from Motherwell locals on which pubs and areas to avoid before and after the game would be appreciated. I am from Lanarkshire and used to this shit, but I want to double-check before I jump on the train and potentially get caught amongst the unwashed and uneducated masses.

https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/roads-streetlighting-and-parking/roadworks-and-closures/public-processions/public-processions-july-2024

PROCESSION DETAILS
DATE OF PROCESSION: 6 July 2024
ORGANISATION: Motherwell Orange & Purple District 25
ASSEMBLY TIME: 9.30 am START TIME: 9.45 am
PROPOSED ROUTE: St Vincent Place, Milton Street, Woodburn Street, Mill Road, Merry Street, Menteith Road, Pollock Street, Merry Street, Hamilton Road, Muir Street, Milton Street
RETURN PROCESSION (IF APPLICABLE)
ASSEMBLY TIME: 4.45 pm START TIME: 5.00 pm
PROPOSED ROUTE: Knowetop Avenue, Windmillhill Street, Brandon Street, West Hamilton Street, Hamilton Road, Muir Street, Milton Street
APPROX. NUMBER IN PROCESSION: 200 FORM NUMBER: 07-18

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Due to the vile, inbred, bigoted scum of Scotland having several marches today, with one being close to Fir Park straight after the match, any advice from Motherwell locals on which pubs and areas to avoid before and after the game would be appreciated. I am from Lanarkshire and used to this shit, but I want to double-check before I jump on the train and potentially get caught amongst the unwashed and uneducated masses.

https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/roads-streetlighting-and-parking/roadworks-and-closures/public-processions/public-processions-july-2024

PROCESSION DETAILS
DATE OF PROCESSION: 6 July 2024
ORGANISATION: Motherwell Orange & Purple District 25
ASSEMBLY TIME: 9.30 am START TIME: 9.45 am
PROPOSED ROUTE: St Vincent Place, Milton Street, Woodburn Street, Mill Road, Merry Street, Menteith Road, Pollock Street, Merry Street, Hamilton Road, Muir Street, Milton Street
RETURN PROCESSION (IF APPLICABLE)
ASSEMBLY TIME: 4.45 pm START TIME: 5.00 pm
PROPOSED ROUTE: Knowetop Avenue, Windmillhill Street, Brandon Street, West Hamilton Street, Hamilton Road, Muir Street, Milton Street
APPROX. NUMBER IN PROCESSION: 200 FORM NUMBER: 07-18

For those with concerns, here is the route that leaves from outside the stadium at full-time. It's hunbelievable that this is allowed.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/gaaXH5uTUAfBkxHo7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellfan said:

For those with concerns, here is the route that leaves from outside the stadium at full-time. It's hunbelievable that this is allowed.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/gaaXH5uTUAfBkxHo7

What about the Motherwell supporters who will take part in the return parade? And you wonder who the bigots are…

Authority given in advance of club announcing a bounce game - that’s why it is allowed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

What about the Motherwell supporters who will take part in the return parade? And you wonder who the bigots are…

Authority given in advance of club announcing a bounce game - that’s why it is allowed.

I've lived in South Lanarkshire for 39 years, so I think I know a sectarian bigot when I see one, and I am certainly not one of those. 

Maybe my comment above touched a nerve. Sorry about that, I’ll do better next time, as I wouldn't want to hurt those spreading hate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I've lived in South Lanarkshire for 39 years, so I think I know a sectarian bigot when I see one, and I am certainly not one of those. 

Maybe my comment above touched a nerve. Sorry about that, I’ll do better next time, as I wouldn't want to hurt those spreading hate. 

Define bigot.

Didn’t touch a nerve with me, I don’t tend to label fellow supporters ‘vile, inbred, bigoted scum of Scotland’ though.

As for spreading hate, it shows you what little grasp you have on the subject. The scripture reading alone defines pro-Protestantism, which isn’t anti-catholic. Civil and religious liberty for all.

Embrace it as you leave 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Onthefringes said:

Define bigot.

Didn’t touch a nerve with me, I don’t tend to label fellow supporters ‘vile, inbred, bigoted scum of Scotland’ though.

As for spreading hate, it shows you what little grasp you have on the subject. The scripture reading alone defines pro-Protestantism, which isn’t anti-catholic. Civil and religious liberty for all.

Jesus Christ! I never thought a fellow Well fan would quote the scriptures at me on a Saturday. I'm off to the pub. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Jesus Christ! I never thought a fellow Well fan would quote the scriptures at me on a Saturday. I'm off to the pub. 

If all those pro-Protestants go to church tomorrow they'll run out of pews across the West of Scotland.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Define bigot.

Thanks for the sanctimonious post that has become your trademark but go and tell that to the numerous hangers on ive seen today including very young children holding and waving ulster flags while their alleged parents obviously the worse for drink sing " no surrender "

The description of them in a previous post was accurate. The bigotry between the blue and green uglies is Scotlands shame and has no place in modern society.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Anyone on here at the game? 

Aye.

A nice set piece goal. Halliday with good delivery and Blaney volleying in at the back post.

We are struggling to create though. Paton seems to the Spittal replacement in the same system.....