2024/25 pre-season thread

David

6 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Aye.

A nice set piece goal. Halliday with good delivery and Blaney volleying in at the back post.

We are struggling to create though. Paton seems to the Spittal replacement in the same system.....

Someone hacked your account? "Halliday with good delivery" lol 😆.....OHHHHHH ANDY ANDY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Thanks for the sanctimonious post that has become your trademark but go and tell that to the numerous hangers on ive seen today including very young children holding and waving ulster flags while their alleged parents obviously the worse for drink sing " no surrender "

The description of them in a previous post was accurate. The bigotry between the blue and green uglies is Scotlands shame and has no place in modern society.

Sanctimonious? ‘Cause it doesn’t suit your narrative? How very insular.

There are numerous ‘Well fans on parade and they were referred to in the derogatory terms.

Society has a lot of ills, loyal orders are way down the list for most.

18 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Sanctimonious? ‘Cause it doesn’t suit your narrative? How very insular.

There are numerous ‘Well fans on parade and they were referred to in the derogatory terms.

Society has a lot of ills, loyal orders are way down the list for most.

No narrative from me just a good few years of seeing the bigotry, hatred and religious intolerance that comes with the ugly sisters and their wider fan base, particularly in west Central Scotland, no doubt the "Well fans on parade" were supporting their big team as the saying goes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Well won 2-1 today which is the main thing , unbeaten in pre-season 

Sectarian nonsense everywhere in the West of Scotland and not worth discussing .  It is what they thrive on .  Could be worse , could be watching this England borefest 

We now have two psychos in centre of defence. Apparently the new guy Liam Gordon snapped the new captain that's why he is out a few months. He didn't shy away from a tackle today or in training apparently. Casey looks like he has been in the gym all pre season as well. Gonna enjoy the new season with that pairing

35 minutes ago, santheman said:

There's one thing certain and that's politics and religion should be nowhere near a football forum.

All it causes is arguments.

Or nowhere near football in general - but sadly a large part of our game still thrives on the religious divisions.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Well Well said:

We now have two psychos in centre of defence. Apparently the new guy Liam Gordon snapped the new captain that's why he is out a few months. He didn't shy away from a tackle today or in training apparently. Casey looks like he has been in the gym all pre season as well. Gonna enjoy the new season with that pairing

Kettlewell said he was hopeful McGinn would be back in a week or two if that's who you mean. It's Koutroumbis who is the longer term injury 

A good pre season workout against a fired up physical side. Livi had a point to prove and took the game very seriously. 

A few points to take from today's game. If we're going to play a single striker up front, then we need an out and out replacement for Bair. Neither of the 2 strikers on display today, good though they may turn out to be, seem to have the right qualities for that role.  Paton played well and with energy but he's no replacement for Spittal. If Nicholson is injured, as he was today, then what? No creative link between midfield and striker today. Whilst the Livi engine room was fired up our lads were just grateful for the opportunity to get gametime. 

No problem at all in leaving the ground and car park after full time. Saw a few bandsmen in uniforms but that was it. 

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A good pre season workout against a fired up physical side. Livi had a point to prove and took the game very seriously. 

A few points to take from today's game. If we're going to play a single striker up front, then we need an out and out replacement for Bair. Neither of the 2 strikers on display today, good though they may turn out to be, seem to have the right qualities for that role.  Paton played well and with energy but he's no replacement for Spittal. If Nicholson is injured, as he was today, then what? No creative link between midfield and striker today. Whilst the Livi engine room was fired up our lads were just grateful for the opportunity to get gametime. 

No problem at all in leaving the ground and car park after full time. Saw a few bandsmen in uniforms but that was it. 

I completely agree that Bair was missed today but hopefully when Robinson is fit again there will be a difference. To be fair I think Stuparevic came on quite late too? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

We won. Thats the main thing - although my mum said to me in the second half that she was losing interest because it was all Livi and not us - as in there was no action at our end of the park 

I think the team needs to gel too and a lot of players got game time today which was good. 

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

6 players currently injured I hear. We seemed quite content just to run the second half down to allow Livi to test out our defence. Or, maybe Livi were just fired up. Who knows?

Yeah. Most seem like short term apart from Koutroumbis and I suppose Slattery. 

2 hours ago, santheman said:

There's one thing certain and that's politics and religion should be nowhere near a football forum.

All it causes is arguments.

No it doesn’t 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Thanks for the sanctimonious post that has become your trademark but go and tell that to the numerous hangers on ive seen today including very young children holding and waving ulster flags while their alleged parents obviously the worse for drink sing " no surrender "

The description of them in a previous post was accurate. The bigotry between the blue and green uglies is Scotlands shame and has no place in modern society.

I always find it funny when the “fellow supporters” line is stated. As if you need to accept anything anybody does if they support the same team as you 😂 Every club in Scotland will have the dregs of society who are involved in bigoted marches so “fellow supporters” should be entitled to call them out for what they are.

• Like 1